New Toy

Nice ride Ron! If you decide to do a supercharger, I am looking for a gen5 to build a procharger kit on. The stock internals are very good on them and I would make it worth your while if you feel you need another 400+ whp :). I can build custom stainless headers and full exhaust as well (for less than the Belanger setup). A good friend has a 13 but he's a all stock kinda guy and I can't sway him (trust me I've tried lol).
Justin

Nice ride Ron! If you decide to do a supercharger, I am looking for a gen5 to build a procharger kit on. The stock internals are very good on them and I would make it worth your while if you feel you need another 400+ whp :). I can build custom stainless headers and full exhaust as well (for less than the Belanger setup). A good friend has a 13 but he's a all stock kinda guy and I can't sway him (trust me I've tried lol).
Justin

400+ hp! Geez..........There's a video online of 2 Vipers (orange and anodized carbon) racing to show the difference between stock, and the addition of a full exhaust and tune. The results are quite dramatic. I will keep that in mind. Thanks.

also, be careful of your finger prints. make sure you wash your hands before touching the paint, the oils and dirt from our hands can damage the paint.
I see if I can dig up what Chrysler sent me on this.

WOW, that seems a bit extreme, buy a car like this and "please do not touch without washing your hands first!!!!!!?????":dontknow:

Congrats and good luck........:rock:

WOW, that seems a bit extreme, buy a car like this and "please do not touch without washing your hands first!!!!!!?????":dontknow:

I was thinking the same thing, but in reality, I try to keep hands off the paint anyway. So it shouldn't be too much of a departure from my previous practices. I'm going to invest in a good sealant. However, I did buy a "certified warranty" that supposedly covers any blemishes or spotting on the paint. I plan to get more details on that, as I am going into this mode of cleaning with caution.

its the only car I know of that doesn't come with a warranty on the paint. But it sure is pretty!

I would have a problem not drooling on it :D :drool:

After realizing that the idea of building another truck had "sailed", I finally went with my gut. I know the pictures aren't that great, but it's all I can do for now. Anodized Carbon Matte. It's #7 of 50

410416299.jpg

410416297.jpg

410416298.jpg

Some details you might be interested in (or already know).

Of the 50 planned, only 35 were built. Yours was the 739th of 981 Vipers to roll off the line at CAAP

Of the 50 planned, only 35 were built. Yours was the 739th of 981 Vipers to roll off the line at CAAP

Wow, thanks for that info Jeff! Now, a couple of questions:

1. Why did they stop at 35?

2. What is CAAP?

3. So they made 981 of the Gen 5's?

Wow, thanks for that info Jeff! Now, a couple of questions:

1. Why did they stop at 35? They had at one point an unsold inventory of 2014's over 500 Vipers and had to close CAAP.

2. What is CAAP? Connor Avenue Assembly Plant

3. So they made 981 of the Gen 5's? There are 1981 Gen V's. 1000 2013MY and 981 2014MY

Hope that helps
Jeff

edit (MY = Model Year)

Jeff, are you sure they stopped at 35? This guy says he has # 49, but it does have the TA package. So not sure how that affects the others.

So, I got a new ride....

Only 35 made?? Pretty rare then..

Another problem with flat paint will be that due to the fact that it is flat everybody will want to touch it to see if it feels different.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back