Newbie From New Zealand (SRT10-less)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NZ440R/T said:
Hey lads,

New guy here, names Carl, from Wellington, New Zealand.
I'm hard into Mopars. I built, run & own the www.nzmoparregistry.com

I own 2 E-Bodies, 1 restored 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T and 1 in project car at present, 1971 Plymouth 'Cuda, 540ci aluminium Hemi, 5-Speed, triple black. I have an Aussie Ford which I will be more than likely selling to help fund a SRT10. I have loved these big beasts since they came out but was never in a financial situation to buy one, when I was, it went into my classics.

Anyhow, I'll be keeping an eye on the For Sale section and also the other boards learning about these V10 "Utes" lol I'd love a Black Night Runner or Black reg cab 2004 Ram, obviously with a T56. You can read more about my cars at my personal website: www.nz440rt.com

Cheers,
Carl

KIA ORA
GOOD TO SEE ANOTHER KIWI ON THE FORUM,NICE RIDES IM TAKING MINE BACK HOME AND MAYBE A VIPER ILL LOOK YOU UP.:rock: :burnout: :beer:

yellowfeverquad said:
KIA ORA
GOOD TO SEE ANOTHER KIWI ON THE FORUM,NICE RIDES IM TAKING MINE BACK HOME AND MAYBE A VIPER ILL LOOK YOU UP.:rock: :burnout: :beer:

Hey mate, sounds good!! I run the NZ Mopar Registry so am pretty easy to find between the registry & my forum. :)

Cheers,
Carl

Actually what they are referring to on that thread is that in 06' they key fob that locks and unlocks the doors was intergrated into the key, making it quite large. All of our trucks are push button starts

Goose said:
Actually what they are referring to on that thread is that in 06' they key fob that locks and unlocks the doors was intergrated into the key, making it quite large. All of our trucks are push button starts

Cool! Thanks for the info and help. :) While on the push button theme, is there any security function that stops people smashing the window and simply pushing the button and taking off apart from the alarm siren? I was thinking, perhaps the truck had a sensor that could track the key from around 10-15ft, once the key had been traced in the close vicinity the truck would then allow the driver to push button start the car? :dontknow:

Welcome My friend. You cannot start the truck without inserting a key that unlocks the steering column and energizes the ignition which allows you to push the stater button. Yes there's a security system.

walenator said:
Welcome My friend. You cannot start the truck without inserting a key that unlocks the steering column and energizes the ignition which allows you to push the stater button. Yes there's a security system.

Cool, thanks. I didn't think it would be that easy to steal one of these bad boys.

Do you know why they didn't just use a key to start if you have to still put a key in the column anyhow? :dontknow: Sounds a little quirky? :confused:

Oh, OK, thanks for filling me in. It doesn't bother me, I could careless as long as the damn thing started when you wanted it to LOL.

NZ440R/T said:
Oh, OK, thanks for filling me in. It doesn't bother me, I could careless as long as the damn thing started when you wanted it to LOL.
They want it to be like the Viper car!
Anyways, trust me...that little red button will put a lot of smiles on your face :D
Welcome to the VTCOA!! How's everything going on down there on the other side of the planet??

Good thanks mate, 1st of spring today although it's 365 days driving down here and doesn't snow anywhere near me, it just makes it better, warmer, longer daylight hours and hot girls at the beaches. ;)

I know I'll love that button to, just gives it that "Race" feel I guess. Can't wait to get one of my own, question if I may Sir, do you have any threads on this forum that are of the trucks in years? Eg: "2004 Ram SRT10 Picture Thread" and "2005 Ram SRT10 Picture Thread" etc, etc? I've been doing plenty of searches looking for photos of the different years and at the moment I'm interested in the interior of the 06 trucks and thus far I haven't found too much in the way of sticky photo threads.

Thanks for the welcome, I've made myself right at home. :rock:

NZ440R/T said:
Good thanks mate, 1st of spring today although it's 365 days driving down here and doesn't snow anywhere near me, it just makes it better, warmer, longer daylight hours and hot girls at the beaches. ;)

I know I'll love that button to, just gives it that "Race" feel I guess. Can't wait to get one of my own, question if I may Sir, do you have any threads on this forum that are of the trucks in years? Eg: "2004 Ram SRT10 Picture Thread" and "2005 Ram SRT10 Picture Thread" etc, etc? I've been doing plenty of searches looking for photos of the different years and at the moment I'm interested in the interior of the 06 trucks and thus far I haven't found too much in the way of sticky photo threads.

Thanks for the welcome, I've made myself right at home. :rock:
1st of spring huh?? Must be nice!!
Trust me, everytime I go to the gas station I start bitching about the crazy mileage this truck gets...but... as SOON as I touch that red button and feel the truck come to life, I forget all about the gas :D

I haven't seen any threads like that but you can sure find a whole bunch of pictures all over the forum.

What kinda pictures do you want of the 06 interior?? I can go outside and get you some of mine. I'm still completely stock interior. I just have an alarm scanner on the pillar.

NICE rides by the way :rock:

Thanks for the kudos, I'm very proud of them, just "need" (more like want lol) this SRT10 to complete the stable.
Two Mopar muscle cars, one stock, one wild and my daily driving parts running beast. :rock:

I will take you up on that offer if you don't mind mate. Basically half a dozen shots. 1 of the interior overall (from the drivers door area etc). 1 looking back towrds the seats showing the console setup, 1 showing the complete center instrument cluster layout (Radio, A/C etc). A couple of the center console, is that still a semi seat in 06 or is it strictly a 2 seater now? 1 of it open, 1 closed and perhaps a few others? Sorry if that's asking too much mate, just post what you can and I'll manage lol ;)

:burnout:

Last edited:
NZ440R/T said:
Thanks for the kudos, I'm very proud of them, just "need" (more like want lol) this SRT10 to complete the stable.
Two Mopar muscle cars, one stock, one wild and my daily driving parts running beast. :rock:

I will take you up on that offer if you don't mind mate. Basically half a dozen shots. 1 of the interior overall (from the drivers door area etc). 1 looking back towrds the seats showing the console setup, 1 showing the complete center instrument cluster layout (Radio, A/C etc). A couple of the center console, is that still a semi seat in 06 or is it strictly a 2 seater now? 1 of it open, 1 closed and perhaps a few others? Sorry if that's asking too much mate, just post what you can and I'll manage lol ;)

:burnout:
Hey curious..but how did you go about acquiring all the knowledge necessary to do what you are doing??
I'm gonna go outside now and take some shots for you so expect to see some in about half an hour...

QueLocura said:
Hey curious..but how did you go about acquiring all the knowledge necessary to do what you are doing??
I'm gonna go outside now and take some shots for you so expect to see some in about half an hour...

I think? I read your question correctly, you mean, how do I know what parts or areas of the car to take photos of and also to be as specific as I have if I'm requesting photos to see these exact places? LMAO!!! Confused? If so, I've seen the interior before but either the photos were just too small, wrong angles and didn't show much, I was just hoping someone would have nice clear shots that were a little decent in size, well, more than 250x250 pixels lol

It's just a tease thing for me, to see what I hope to be driving in soon. I like to check out all the little gadgets (like all males) and just see what neat little knobs and toys I get for my money. Hopefully I read your question right, if not, I just wasted 3 mins & 27sec of my life. If it's about restoration and my E-Bodies, 4 years of non stop learning, willingness, friends, forums and just passion for the hobby has allowed me to gain a little knowledge.

:)

Welcome mate, finally someone who lives in the southern hemisphere to join me!!

I host an event here in oz called mopar sunday - check it out

www.moparsunday.com

our family is also bigtime into mopars - have many challengers / cuda's...

Last edited:
kalani said:
Welcome mate, finally someone who lives in the southern hemisphere to join me!!

I host an event here in oz called mopar sunday - check it out

www.moparsunday.com

our family is also bigtime into mopars - have many challengers / cuda's...

Hey mate, thanks for the welcome. Man, what a small world, I'm NZs only Southern Hemi Media distributor. I've been in contact with Jeff for the last couple of years and buy bulk lots of DVDs and sell them over here, just sold Mopar Sunday 2 and 3 yesterday in fact lol! Great show, nice mixture of cars and casual, the best part. Yup, my family is Mopar mad too, we're more alike than we think lol.

Cheers,
Carl

:rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back