Newbie From New Zealand (SRT10-less)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlwalski

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey lads,

New guy here, names Carl, from Wellington, New Zealand.
I'm hard into Mopars. I built, run & own the www.nzmoparregistry.com

I own 2 E-Bodies, 1 restored 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T and 1 in project car at present, 1971 Plymouth 'Cuda, 540ci aluminium Hemi, 5-Speed, triple black. I have an Aussie Ford which I will be more than likely selling to help fund a SRT10. I have loved these big beasts since they came out but was never in a financial situation to buy one, when I was, it went into my classics.

Anyhow, I'll be keeping an eye on the For Sale section and also the other boards learning about these V10 "Utes" lol I'd love a Black Night Runner or Black reg cab 2004 Ram, obviously with a T56. You can read more about my cars at my personal website: www.nz440rt.com

Cheers,
Carl

Attachments

• Lucy Beach (16).jpg
    Lucy Beach (16).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Lucy Beach (8).jpg
    Lucy Beach (8).jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Madeline 13.jpg
    Madeline 13.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Madeline 14.jpg
    Madeline 14.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Jeep 0 (11).jpg
    Jeep 0 (11).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Welcome and nice pics!!!! :rock:

Thanks, nice to be here. If any mod or Admin is curious I found my way here (referred) via cuda-challenger.com :)

Look forward to learning heaps. I have a couple of questions. I have not heard a single bad thing about these trucks except that 1) the brakes are very touchy (take some getting use to) or else you'll spend the first few days with your nose against the windshield and 2) they have a weak clutch, not up to the engines power, slips after time (not long) and is easy to burn.

Are these true statements? I'd be interested to hear what brand and style clutches people upgrade to.

Thanks,
Carl

:rock:

NZ440R/T said:
Thanks, nice to be here. If any mod or Admin is curious I found my way here (referred) via cuda-challenger.com :)

Look forward to learning heaps. I have a couple of questions. I have not heard a single bad thing about these trucks except that 1) the brakes are very touchy (take some getting use to) or else you'll spend the first few days with your nose against the windshield and 2) they have a weak clutch, not up to the engines power, slips after time (not long) and is easy to burn.

Are these true statements? I'd be interested to hear what brand and style clutches people upgrade to.

Thanks,
Carl

Brakes are super great and clutches are super weak. Check out the search feature and you will get the low down .........

Welcome Carl!
Nice lookin' rides you have there.

I've got a few friends on the North Island; one near Auckland, and another in Napier.

Enjoy the dry roads in the coming spring!

BTW- it's not a ute. It's a pickup truck. :)

Kevan said:
Welcome Carl!
Nice lookin' rides you have there.

I've got a few friends on the North Island; one near Auckland, and another in Napier.

Enjoy the dry roads in the coming spring!

BTW- it's not a ute. It's a pickup truck. :)

Thanks mate, lol, yup, I know it's a Truck (hence the lol) afterwards, just pullin yah legs. It's definitely in the truck category. Cool, I live down the bottom of the North Island. It's about 3 hours to Napier and around 8-9 to Auckland.

Thanks to everyone else. By the way, do you guys know how many were made, breakdown by year? I will do a search but it doesn't hurt to ask here as well.

NZ440R/T said:
Hey lads,

New guy here, names Carl, from Wellington, New Zealand.
I'm hard into Mopars. I built, run & own the www.nzmoparregistry.com

I own 2 E-Bodies, 1 restored 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T and 1 in project car at present, 1971 Plymouth 'Cuda, 540ci aluminium Hemi, 5-Speed, triple black. I have an Aussie Ford which I will be more than likely selling to help fund a SRT10. I have loved these big beasts since they came out but was never in a financial situation to buy one, when I was, it went into my classics.

Anyhow, I'll be keeping an eye on the For Sale section and also the other boards learning about these V10 "Utes" lol I'd love a Black Night Runner or Black reg cab 2004 Ram, obviously with a T56. You can read more about my cars at my personal website: www.nz440rt.com

Cheers,
Carl
i dont want to but i would be willing to sell my black 04 RC, as of tonight it has 15,100 miles. its all stock except for a K&N drop in filter. its still under warranty. If by some act of you god you did buy my truck, i would require birthday pictures on June 10th of every year! As it was built #2530 of 3057 on June 10, 2004! that is a must:eek: as for a price just under 30k US$ its not my daily driver and i havent driven it in the rain!!

Thanks Black1 :rock:

devildog02 - That is very tempting and thanks for the offer but I will hold out for one with a little lower price. For some reason these fine trucks can be picked up for $20K-$25K with anywhere from 8K-30K miles. I will keep my eye on eBay. I have shipped my Cuda from the USA to NZ so am familiar with what to do their. Thanks all the same, lovely truck, just out of my range. :)

NZ440R/T said:
Thanks Black1 :rock:

devildog02 - That is very tempting and thanks for the offer but I will hold out for one with a little lower price. For some reason these fine trucks can be picked up for $20K-$25K with anywhere from 8K-30K miles. I will keep my eye on eBay. I have shipped my Cuda from the USA to NZ so am familiar with what to do their. Thanks all the same, lovely truck, just out of my range. :)
not a problem at all!! i dont want to sell it! we just need a bigger house! try autotrader.com in my opinion there is know telling what you'll get with e-bay! just my .02 oh yeah im sure you will but make sure you do a car fax!

Thanks Devildog, eBay can be a hole but I'm familiar with it. Have around 220 100% feedbacks, not a bad effort all the way down here in NZ. Plus, I have had around 12 classic Mopars (E & B-Bodies) looked at on my behalf and would never, ever, buy a car sight unseen in New Zealand let alone some 20 hours flight away in the USA! :) I will try autotrader.com, thanks for that. Ps: What do you mean "make sure I do a car fax"? I'm guessing it's like a VIN number check, or car history check?

Thanks,
Carl

Welcome to the forums, and good luck on your search for a 10.... there are some very nice trucks for sale here. Have fun.

Welcome Carl!

Nice little stable of Mopars you got there!!!

Good luck in finding the right truck!!

Thanks lads, you guys & gals sure know how to make people welcome. :)
Thanks also for the well wishes on finding my Truck, I love 'em!!

I'll let you all know as soon as I have some good leads. :rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back