NOS

I've sprayed 150 on the 91 tune with race gas or octane booster, I did log A/F and timing on a dyno to make sure it was safe. Have easily over 70 passes and no problems so far, use colder plugs.

Over 70 passes is awesome with no problems. Just an estimation what kind of time would a 93 octane tune with 150 shot of nos get ya? Maybe 12.5-13.0?

Last edited:
Lol hahahhahaha . I know your not trying to encourage any one to run a 200 shot lol. But hearing about people doing it is awesome. Bad azz! Did the 200 shot increase you time significantly?

Increased the 1/8th maybe one tenth. But it feels like two seconds seat of the pants lol!!:rock::rock::burnout::burnout::burnout:

Increased the 1/8th maybe one tenth. But it feels like two seconds seat of the pants lol!!:rock::rock::burnout::burnout::burnout:

LOL AWESOME man. I rode in a 11 sec car before and i miss that azz in seat feeling. I cant wait till i can start beefing my 10 to get that same feeling.:rock::rock::burnout::burnout:

Over 70 passes is awesome with no problems. Just an estimation what kind of time would a 93 octane tune with 150 shot of nos get ya? Maybe 12.5-13.0?

Don't think I would try my luck with a 93 tune, but like Jack said, it is addicting. Don't understand the question but my truck ran a 12.8 on motor already.

Just an estimation what kind of time would a 93 octane tune with 150 shot of nos get ya? Maybe 12.5-13.0?[/QUOTE]

My min-bus runs 12.4 on 91 octane 150 shot with a conserative tune. If you search the forum you'll find 11 second 1/4 with less mods than mine. It all depends on track condition ,driver,and how hard close to the edge you want to push it.

I'll find out what 93...er 94 octane and a 150 shot gets in May when i get back from the field. I get back May 13th which is a track night but iiunno what time we r getting back so i might not make it to the track that week.

Here's 2 QC that are 12or below in the 1/4:

1st is Mike Kuriger on a stock 05QC with a stage2 comp and race gas coupled with a 175 shot using the Zex system:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxgojqQ5KAA]YouTube - AWDIsuzu's Run STR-10 12.0[/ame]

Here is Rick wih his truck using a 150 shot I believe. I don't know what else he has done but maybe he'll chime in:

YouTube - 11 Sec Quad Cab Ram Srt10

When I installed my 100 shot NOS I had hopes that I would be as lucky as FatJack and phxpoolguy with their higher shots and many passes. Then I started to lose faith and wondered what IF mine were one of those trucks built on a wrong day or had the wrong assembler, and it's just waiting for a bit of NOS to flow into the motor so it can go ((KABLEWIE)). I dunno. I haven't activated the NOS EVER because of that scare. Then again, Stinker's Brutal 10 is #1898 to roll off the assembly line. Mine is #1900.. His held up pretty damn well under a twin turbo load. :dontknow:So I might have a chance with a paltry (in comparison) 100 shot. I'll feel better when Torrie gets his hands on it and works his magic stuff on the tune.

Last edited:
I'll find out what 93...er 94 octane and a 150 shot gets in May when i get back from the field. I get back May 13th which is a track night but iiunno what time we r getting back so i might not make it to the track that week.

Ok cool just let me know. be safe out there buddy:rock::rock:

When I installed my 100 shot NOS I had hopes that I would be as lucky as FatJack and phxpoolguy with their higher shots and many passes. Then I started to lose faith and wondered what IF mine were one of those trucks built on a wrong day or had the wrong assembler, and it's just waiting for a bit of NOS to flow into the motor so it can go ((KABLEWIE)). I dunno. I haven't activated the NOS EVER because of that scare. Then again, Stinker's Brutal 10 is #1898 to roll off the assembly line. Mine is #1900.. His held up pretty damn well under a twin turbo load. :dontknow:So I might have a chance with a paltry (in comparison) 100 shot. I'll feel better when Torrie gets his hands on it and works his magic stuff on the tune.

Yeah I know what ya mean man. Get amped up to spray dat juice and then you get to thinking man if this bisch blow up datz my azz. Gonna cost ya a ton of $$ to have fun again. I know when the money start rolling in and gets some bills paid off then i am determined to go spray or FI. Dang economy not allowing the wifey to get a good job.

Yeah I know what ya mean man. Get amped up to spray dat juice and then you get to thinking man if this bisch blow up datz my azz. Gonna cost ya a ton of $$ to have fun again. I know when the money start rolling in and gets some bills paid off then i am determined to go spray or FI. Dang economy not allowing the wifey to get a good job.

yea i hear ya. I'm about to head to the field for the month so no using money while im gone so all that money i was thinking about getting a exhaust system for my bike, but then i decided to put it towards my credit card...but now i wanna take part of it and get a aeroforce gauge so i can monitor everything while the nitrous is spraying when i hit it when i come home.

The best gauge I have is an LM1 data logger that monitors the whole run and I can download unto a laptop and see where its running lean. I do find it runs rich in third gear due to bottle pressure.so I'm going to a nano system to make pressure more consistent. The A/F gauge is nice but its hard to read it throughout the whole pass.

Rule of thumb = pull 2 degrees of timing for every 50hp (from a good working tune) with NOS.

The best gauge I have is an LM1 data logger that monitors the whole run and I can download unto a laptop and see where its running lean. I do find it runs rich in third gear due to bottle pressure.so I'm going to a nano system to make pressure more consistent. The A/F gauge is nice but its hard to read it throughout the whole pass.

Oh ok just might have to invest in one of those LM1 data loggers. Is it in the pilar (i think thats what people call it :dontknow:) plastic thingy to the left of the steering wheel by the dash.

Oh ok just might have to invest in one of those LM1 data loggers. Is it in the pilar (i think thats what people call it :dontknow:) plastic thingy to the left of the steering wheel by the dash.

yes its called the pillar. I'm not 100% sure on the LM1 data logger. But the setup ill have in a few weeks in my pillar is the stock oil temp, AFR Wideband and a AeroForce Interceptor so i can watch the IAT2, Knock Retard and Bottle Presure.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what the avg IAT temps are on the trucks?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back