Obviously i am no mechanic:????

Nowwhat said:
come pick me up biatch.....you don't want any sweet pea.....I am gonna make a low 10 sec run or 2 before nats just to add a little pressure...bwwahahaha....

If I come pic you up, by the time you get to ohio, you'll leave your woman!:p :p :p

Stinker said:
hush Jeff!:D I'm arguing with shampoo boy!:D LOLOLOLOL

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nowwhat said:
you have the sheep in the truck again?.....:D

weeelll yeah!:D

hey nowwhat! there is a recall on your "rearend" seems as tho you have been runnin it with "dry lube" and "galded your shaft" you need to send it in to be resized! evidently if you keep runnin it "dry" you may have to run a support jsut to get it "up and running":p

Stinker said:
takes about a 6 hour install there jeff, program comes with it, if you can figure out how to remove the intake ya got it made.

there is a guy in lower bama that will do it cheap. probably area of $1500 or less.

Roe no longer installs

Roe quotes an install time of about 11 hours. They estimated that a new installer should be able to install SC, VEC, and Meth Injection in 16 hours. The difference was in the stopping to read the instructions.

In my case I mounted the meth kit and routed all the cables. I mounted the VEC in the cab and routed the boost line and extension cable to the PCM. I will get the rest of the install done this week. I will post back what the install time was. I will also have an after dyno to compare to my baseline dyno.

tinygiants said:
Roe quotes an install time of about 11 hours. They estimated that a new installer should be able to install SC, VEC, and Meth Injection in 16 hours. The difference was in the stopping to read the instructions.

In my case I mounted the meth kit and routed all the cables. I mounted the VEC in the cab and routed the boost line and extension cable to the PCM. I will get the rest of the install done this week. I will post back what the install time was. I will also have an after dyno to compare to my baseline dyno.

who reads instructions:dontknow: LOLOLOL

If all you want is the sound of the supercharger, just record a few tracks and burn it to a CD.
That'll save you about $7000-10,000.
...and installation is so easy my mom can do it.

jeffgilliam.2005 said:
I guess i haven't been on here long enough to get most of the jokes....

LOLOLL it'll come around bro, you have just entered the twilight zone!!

Nowwhat made about $4 in the shampoo biz

Myugi is jsut plain nutts!

Silverback likes bannanas

Fstjack wears dress's all day

Begood buries deat cats in small holes

NBT is secretly a male stripper

Awdisuzu works out with teddy bears

New guys usually get threads wrecked

Wifey has the most stock truck around

Black 1 is really asian

prof is really black

And I like sheep!!

we all jsut have tons of fun bro! take nothing serious, well not too serious, make it to the first get to gether ya can and you'll understand:D

welcome friend, you have been broken in:D :rock:

Stinker said:
LOLOLL it'll come around bro, you have just entered the twilight zone!!

Nowwhat made about $4 in the shampoo biz

Myugi is jsut plain nutts!

Silverback likes bannanas

Fstjack wears dress's all day

Begood buries deat cats in small holes

NBT is secretly a male stripper

Awdisuzu works out with teddy bears

New guys usually get threads wrecked

Wifey has the most stock truck around

Black 1 is really asian

prof is really black

And I like sheep!!

we all jsut have tons of fun bro! take nothing serious, well not too serious, make it to the first get to gether ya can and you'll understand:D

welcome friend, you have been broken in:D :rock:

Now you've done it...

Krazy is going to be pissed cuz you gave me his affliction :eek:

But I'm Honored

Jeffy

jeffgilliam.2005 said:
I guess that is a good thing than, i think i will fit in rather well around here...!!!

Best news I've heard all weekend :rock:

jeffgilliam.2005 said:
if you don't mind me asking what was the cost of it getting installed and tuned..???
I had the full meal deal, Roe S/C, headers, catless mids, 170t-stat, VECIII, Roe Card Reader, MSD wires, NGK Spark Plugs, Methanol Injection, Replacment PCM + Stage II Flash and Roe Breather.

All added up with shipping to Canada it came to just over 10K. I got it installed, minus headers/mids and PCM and ended up paying $2500 Canadian. I wasn't too impressed with the shop as they took over 33 hours to get it installed and didn't do a very nice job of the wires.

In the end if you have a good set of tools and shop plus a buddy it can easily be done by yourself,,, i know after spending the $2500 i was pissed... for that I could have bought a very nice set of tools and used the shop at work, especially since there is no real need for a lift.

It's your call but after I did the headers and mids myself i sure did feel good about it, even with all the cuts. :)

Hey Diebs,

Have you had any issues with the transmission?

Will

Well no problems but i'm on a milder tune. I'm putting down around 590RWHP, no 620 like Prof or any of the RC guys. I'm happy with this for now, my plan is to run it for a year or so and then either this Winter or the next i'm taking the engine and tranny out and building them up. I've got Suncoast on speed dial ready to go with a new tranny and a shop in Red Deer just itching to drop the motor... the owner who i've known for 20 odd years has about 3 funny cars and knows what he's doing which is a nice reassurance. :)

I do have to say while i was playing around tuning this beast i got a little silly and got it really dialed in for a good tune. Never got the chance to dyno but just by SOTP feel i could tell you it was easily 620rwhp or more.... and yeah the tranny is gonna have issues, i noticed it slipping between 1st and 2nd. These diesel trannies are great when you can get converter lockup, but before they are subject to going boom. :(

Sounds sweet!

Might look at tighting the bands on the transmission. Hopefully that will cure the slipping.

Will

Mild tunes rock! I really think that my Roe tune is mild at 5.6 lbs of boost. Several people who should know (Sean and Patrick) have said that a Gen III on stock internals can handle 8 to 9 lbs of boost with a considerable margin of safety...(don't quote me on that). But of more importance, the practical side of the issue is that even with my low 5.6 lbs of boost, getting the power to the pavement is a real problem.

So my view is that a very moderate boost level like Deibs has is the most rational approach. I've spent over $3500 trying to get the truck to hook up so I can get a good 11 second run and will be spending more in a week or two. If I can get one good solid 11 second run I will retire to the street for good...and start working on the spousal unit for that '08 Viper!

roe sent me a couple of cards with my vec3 i think they have a standard tune that goes with it, me and bone are gonna play around with it when he makes it back on this side of the pond. ive also got a big pully for the roe, will get with roe and see what boost it made on mike's truck. dont think my stock internals will handle what that pully was puttin out, had to buy another one

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back