OEM Air Intake System

Hood scoop BS

The scoop is just for show and cooling the engine extra is BS. A CIA blows away the benefits of the stupid little hole to help cool is ridiculous. Look at a ram air from the muscle car days. Their motors ran way hotter then anything we have today. Nobody used the hood scoop to cool the engine back then. we have Big bumper opening, radiator opening, 11qts of oil, oil cooler, 170 tstat, air flows out the bottom of the engine bay. The puny 2x8 opening to help cool???? which adds about 1% air to the engine bay if any. What a joke. I have a volant and would never go back to a choking stock air box. Your intake air temps by computer show the benefits of a CIA.

Its kinda like when you were in high school, you had telephone tough guys, now you have all these punk asses on the internet, internet tough guys! These people are so quick to talk shit because there behind a computer, what happen to treating people with respect? Where I come from if you talked to someone like that, you would get your jaw rocked pretty damn fast! How about you grow the fuck up! Who gives a shit what intake someone prefers? Guess what the last time I checked its my truck, my life, and I could give a dead moose's last shit what anyone thinks or says! Here's something I learned when I was 3, if you don't have anything nice to say, shut the hell up!

BAM!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Its kinda like when you were in high school, you had telephone tough guys, now you have all these punk asses on the internet, internet tough guys! These people are so quick to talk shit because there behind a computer, what happen to treating people with respect? Where I come from if you talked to someone like that, you would get your jaw rocked pretty damn fast! How about you grow the fuck up! Who gives a shit what intake someone prefers? Guess what the last time I checked its my truck, my life, and I could give a dead moose's last shit what anyone thinks or says! Here's something I learned when I was 3, if you don't have anything nice to say, shut the hell up!

BAM!!!!!!!!!

Wait, did you just open your mouth, say something not nice, then end by saying that if you can't say anything nice, then shut up? Just checking. :D

Wait, did you just open your mouth, say something not nice, then end by saying that if you can't say anything nice, then shut up? Just checking. :D

My mouth was closed, I didn't think it was to rude, but I did finish by saying shut up! :pcguru:

The scoop is just for show and cooling the engine extra is BS. A CIA blows away the benefits of the stupid little hole to help cool is ridiculous. Look at a ram air from the muscle car days. Their motors ran way hotter then anything we have today. Nobody used the hood scoop to cool the engine back then. we have Big bumper opening, radiator opening, 11qts of oil, oil cooler, 170 tstat, air flows out the bottom of the engine bay. The puny 2x8 opening to help cool???? which adds about 1% air to the engine bay if any. What a joke. I have a volant and would never go back to a choking stock air box. Your intake air temps by computer show the benefits of a CIA.

What's does the Central Intelligence Agency have to do with our under the hood temps???

Sent from my iPhone 6 while driving 100 mph on a dirt road

Cars run hotter now to help meet emissions standards than they did 30years ago...and i belive the scoop in the hood is to let hot air out a stoplights, you know since hot air rises and all....

Last edited:
:thumpdown:

This is just too funny!!
If it's just a "stupid little hole" as you claim, why would Volant utilize it to help "feed" the filterbox?!? Not only that, it contradicts the basic aero function and flow of the scoop at road speed. The PRIMARY function of the hood scoop is to allow engine heated air to escape at road speeds. Yes, airflow out the bottom of the bay is paramount and necessary for the basic fact of volume and body design.
Primary cooling is from the air coming through the grill between the aero block offs. At higher speeds, this airflow can "dam up" in the engine bay. Careful placement of the hood opening (In a Low pressure area) allows this heated air under pressure to get sucked out and escape without drag. It also assists with handling. It allows the splitter to provide downforce without front end lift from the "parachute effect" of the air going into the engine bay.

aero42.jpg

The stock air filter box and tube does not "Choke off the engine" LOL. It also draws outside temperature air from the fender area, fed by the scoop built into the grill block off on passenger side (Which appens to be a high pressure area). Efficient and effective. Remember, the Mopar NASCAR team assisted with the aero's and engineering of this system.

Red is high pressure and blue is low......

NASCARintunnel_000.jpg

You keep your Volant.;)

Cars run hotter now to help meet emissions standards than they did 30years ago...and i belive the scoop in the hood is to let hot air out a stoplights, you know since hot air rises and all....

+1 :rock:

Cheers everyone!:)

Way too much common sense in this post. Don't you know that interwebz fighting requires made up statistics, lots of name calling, and thinly veiled threats? :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back