Oil Cavitation IS an Issue

PSI told me we need to upgrade to the 08 oiling system................

jack can we borrow some money..................... :)

bigike said:
PSI told me we need to upgrade to the 08 oiling system................

jack can we borrow some money..................... :)
There is more to it than that........:p

Oil and sludges etc

I use a kleeneze by-pass filter - this ports the oil to a by pass feed through a filter that will do NAS 6 cleanliness and takes out all water - the filter is a paper filter that is slooow - hence by pass rather than inline.
Plenty of room in the engine bay and this is a real life saver on any engine. Most oil filters don't filter particles small enough - they cant because they have to flow the volume.
and no additives - just premium grade synthetic

Have you guys checked the VCA and searched to see if this is a problem over there. There is alot more technical stuff on that website

Have you guys checked the VCA and searched to see if this is a problem over there. There is alot more technical stuff on that website
Today 02:36 PM
i was wonderin' the same thing:D it would be interesting to know

English Gent said:
I use a kleeneze by-pass filter - this ports the oil to a by pass feed through a filter that will do NAS 6 cleanliness and takes out all water - the filter is a paper filter that is slooow - hence by pass rather than inline.
Plenty of room in the engine bay and this is a real life saver on any engine. Most oil filters don't filter particles small enough - they cant because they have to flow the volume.
and no additives - just premium grade synthetic

More info on the kleeneze by-pass filter... Did a google search and came up with virtually nothing on this specific brand.

supercar1of1 said:
Premium oils have all the components necessary for the proper lubrication of your engine.

everything but the ammount of zinc. with the new format of oils, they had cut the zinc levels so the cats would last over 150K miles vice the 100K miles of the old regulations

mr. anderson said:
everything but the ammount of zinc. with the new format of oils, they had cut the zinc levels so the cats would last over 150K miles vice the 100K miles of the old regulations

Was it zinc or phosphorus,? Now that you jogged

my memory I recall some endurance racers using a percentage of M/C

synthetic because of some element that it contained.

If it was oil cavitation why just #3 ? All the bearings should be scored if cavitation is present. What about the skirts of the pistons,were they scored? Oil is used to cool and lube the piston skirts too. Below is a pic of a dry sump that will resolve any oil pressure problems. I posted it in the thread where Jack mentioned it. Made by Daily Engineering. Quality piece that will resolve oil pressure issues.

Attachments

• oilpan9.jpg
    oilpan9.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 120
i sent daily an e-mail asking them 1.for a price and 2. if they have heard anything about our engines chewing up #3 and also invited them to come ove and post up any info they may have for us, who know maybe they have the answer

mr. anderson said:

Just use the Mobil 1 Truck Turbo Diesel oil and it still has the old formulation.At least it did when I bought it.There is a thread about it here somewhere.

Shell Rotella diesel oil is the stuff, still the good old blend for now. Also I've been told to use a heavier weight oil, like 10w40 at a min, Xw50 for supercharged engines.

Joe

mopower1958 said:
If it was oil cavitation why just #3 ? All the bearings should be scored if cavitation is present. What about the skirts of the pistons,were they scored? Oil is used to cool and lube the piston skirts too. Below is a pic of a dry sump that will resolve any oil pressure problems. I posted it in the thread where Jack mentioned it. Made by Daily Engineering. Quality piece that will resolve oil pressure issues.
good point, why just or mainly #3 ?? if not cavitation but low oil pressure - is this the answer ?

btw, i've never noticed low oil pressure on my engine, are others noticing it on theirs ??

TNVIPER said:
And your truck is equal to carrying 4 people all the time...:burnout:
well ,besides the obvious joke,i carry my lawn tractor and other tools in my truck so theres probably close to an extra 1000 pounds always in it,i have gone 15000 miles inbetween oil changes ,so if this problem really did exist my engine would have popped quite awhile ago

flchub said:
well ,besides the obvious joke,i carry my lawn tractor and other tools in my truck so theres probably close to an extra 1000 pounds always in it,i have gone 15000 miles inbetween oil changes ,so if this problem really did exist my engine would have popped quite awhile ago

Probably your custom exhaust that has saved the engine..:p

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
i sent daily an e-mail asking them 1.for a price and 2. if they have heard anything about our engines chewing up #3 and also invited them to come ove and post up any info they may have for us, who know maybe they have the answer

sounds good. hope its in the budget.
post up when ya hear.:rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back