Open letter to the Forum

TheSickness

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to take some time to say something to everyone. Since I am unable to post for a month there are some things that I wanted to address before I left on vacation, that due to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to do in a more timely fashion. First of all let me dismiss any rumors what so ever that Shawn and I are fighting, we are not nor have we ever fought. Shawn did not leave the site because of me directly although I did play a part as did everyone else. I consider this a tragedy and believe me hurts me very much as it does others. Due to my inaction regarding keeping up to my end of a deal he and I made last time he left. I shoulder the entire responsibility for this. That's where the disappointment comes from Shawn in me. I failed to see beyond myself in a couple of situations and forgot what is most important. Often us old timers seem to forget who is on the other side of the screen, we forget the hugs and true friendship and often puts us all in position to push things farther then you would have with a total stranger. I am guilty of this prolly more then any other person on the site. I have a bond with so many people here and I cherish every one of them and if by my insensitive actions I have hurt anyone I am very sorry. To clarify the reasons Shawn left is why I asked Begood to post the last post Shawn made when he came back the last time...Because it is 100% the reason why he left again. Shawn is not going to come on and justify himself to anyone for his actions nor should he have to.

What are we doing guys ? Over the past several months the place has changed so much. Used to be a day when some Jackass got out of line all of us old timers stepped up and we self Moderated our own....I remember when nobody could disrespect another senior member and get away with it. I remember why we are here and the good we as a site have achieved. This place has always been unique, it's always been the best place on the net and the closest knit group of gear heads on the planet. Seems that we have all failed to remember what is truly the most important thing and why Jack and Patrick started this place....They made a home for us out of the ashes of the great Phoenix. The post Silverback made that he read to me over the phone last night was nothing short of brilliant. That's the way it used to be here and the way it should be in the future. This site needs to get back to the way it used to be when we first came here.

We need to realize that although we know the person in most cases we are talking to and we can joke and say anything to them on a personal basis. Others may be sensitive to your remark....I have failed horribly in this myself. I think if we all show a little more respect things will be fine and I will lead the way in this and you all have my word on that. I am no more special or less guilty in any of this and I will work harder in the future to be a part of the solution rather than the problem. I propose this to you all. Let's make this right and do the right thing, let's stop the stupid finger pointing and start acting like the FAMILY that we are. Be supportive of the people who enforce the rules and in turn make a thankless job effortless for them. I know I kinda stick out like a sore thumb because I am out spoken and it's easy to saddle one person for all that is wrong. But we are all complaisant in this as we are all part of the same family. I know I screwed up big time and now if given the opportunity to come back home I will not only be TheSickness I will be more like my true self that so many of you really know. Just keep one thing in mind new guys I have a lot of people I call friend here and I Love messing with them, do a little research before you open your pie holes and complain that I am being a Bastage, I rarely if ever waste my time addressing anything to Noobs...You gotta earn the right with me. So Mr. 127 posts if you have a problem with what I post or any other senior member try not being a coward and send that person a PM and talk it out like grown up's. Whining to the site owners that your feelers are hurt over something posted in Off topic is ignorant. You wanna be part of the site then contribute in some manor and your opinion will carry more weight !

You come here for Truck talk only, goody gum drops for you. Don't Bitch about the other stuff. Some of us are here for way more then that. I understand this is becoming a business more and more for many people. I met Justin in Phoenix and I understand his point of view as well as the site ownership. I will work harder to support these endeavors as well. I will start a grass roots campaign with the senior members to ensure the sanctity of this site stays intact. I am all in on this guys. Expect phone calls.....Everyone wants Shawn back and if we all step up and take care of what is important maybe we can get him back. The racial Shit is dead from now on if you have a problem with that then this place is not for you...I said nothing and did nothing to stop it and I should have...I can't change the past but I can and certainly will with the help of the Dirty Dozen and senior members ensure nobody gets hurt by this in the future.....I have posted stuff like that in the past and over the last week spoke with many people on the site of ethnic background to get their take on this. While they know I am joking and not racist at all they are offended so I will stop with all of it, humerus to one is hurtful to another....I get that especially having a son of color ! I will also temper my rhetoric when it comes to Bible related topics. Just for the record I am not Atheist as someone stated incorrectly.

Lastly but very importantly I would like to publicly apologize to Jack. What I said and did that day I truly regret more than you could imagine. I was a Asshole to you and I don't blame you for what you did at all. I would have done the same thing.....Jack if you could find it in your heart to please forgive me and just call me so we can put this behind us I would be grateful. I was wrong and I never meant to hurt you like that. I am so unbelievably sorry for my actions and no matter what I Love you like I always have and you are still Yoda to me. I so lost sight of the fact you are the owner of this place and it's your rules...I took our friendship for granted and I lashed out at a Admin not Jack O' Donnell...I never meant for it to become personal like that.....I know better ! Unlike my numerous other banings in the past I do not wear this as a badge of honor at all I let everyone down including my best friend and myself. I hope by reading this it helps bring us closer together as a site and people take what I wrote over 3 days to heart....So I ask who is with me ? Follow me not only into the fires of hell but help me make this place better and make it happen so everyone is included....keep the bad Shit and Offensive stuff in Offensive, police ourselves, respect one another and Love one another and let's put this behind us and move forward. There it is guys I have said my piece long winded maybe but I said what need to be said hopefully Jack will post it. It's from the heart and I Love you all very much, even Stinker hehehehe. The power of perception is a killer sometimes.....That's where the history of relationships should take precedence and common sense should prevail....If you don't know the whole story best to just remain silent then to open your mouth and put your slant on it and look stupid in the process.....do some reading and get to know someone before you rush to snap judgments and talking never hurt anyone either. Forever loyal to you all...

P.S. Shawn I implore you to please reconsider your position on things. You have my total support and I will in the future not lose sight of what is important. You have my word on this. This site needs you, Jack needs you and so do I....Please come back where you belong and bring Iz with you. I can speak for many who I have spoken with over the last 2 weeks.....we are behind you 100 % we Love you and this place would have a giant hole in it w/o you guys.....

TheSickness

Black1 said:
Wow! :eek: ........... Not one smiley. :confused: :dontknow: :D :D :D

Glad to see you back, my liege.... shall I fetch your sword? :) :p
5th paragraph:
There it is guys I have said my piece long winded maybe but I said what need to be said hopefully Jack will post it.

Me thinks Jack posted this for Mikey.:)

Hamrhead said:
5th paragraph:

Me thinks Jack posted this for Mikey.:)
No he un moderated it for me but that post is all me baby. I am no longer banned. Jack and I have done amazing work in a short time...it's a testiment to friendship and the hard work of my best friend Shawn...Let's heal this site guys :rock:

DarkSyde said:
Sounds good.
Don't cheat us outta your input Teej...You are a valued member and loved universally by all.....Stick around this place is going to come around and I need your help Teejarino :D

TheSickness said:
No he un moderated it for me but that post is all me baby. I am no longer banned. Jack and I have done amazing work in a short time...it's a testiment to friendship and the hard work of my best friend Shawn...Let's heal this site guys :rock:
Well then I'm glad you're back you silly bastid!:D :D :D :D :D :D

See ya in the fun section!:thefinger:

Well, I must say, that was an impressive post, being as I'm still a "nooby", I hope I'm not treading where I'm not welcome.

I think it takes a lot for someone who has dome something wrong to sit back, reflect on what has happened and to admit they have made a mistake and is now ready to stand up and make things right.

I know the problems that can come up on these types of forums, because I have my own web site with forums and have experienced these same issues with my users. WE don't have those problems anymore because the culprits are no longer permitted on my site. But, they could not see they had caused a problem and wanted to continue on with their actions. So we all parted ways and the problems have been eliminated.

You on the other hand have decided you have been part of the problem and are willing to stand tall for your actions and do something to correct them. I commend you for that, very well written message to the forum members and hopefully appriciated by all.

I don't know you and I'm sure you don't know me, but you are someone I'd like to know and call friend.

Mikey, Shawn, Bob, Jack and Patrick........these are the kind of people we need here......there are many others and you know who you are......this place is special unlike any other...... I and many others are proud to be a member of this family...........thanks to all.

Walt

ccfeyh said:
Well, I must say, that was an impressive post, being as I'm still a "nooby", I hope I'm not treading where I'm not welcome.

I think it takes a lot for someone who has dome something wrong to sit back, reflect on what has happened and to admit they have made a mistake and is now ready to stand up and make things right.

I know the problems that can come up on these types of forums, because I have my own web site with forums and have experienced these same issues with my users. WE don't have those problems anymore because the culprits are no longer permitted on my site. But, they could not see they had caused a problem and wanted to continue on with their actions. So we all parted ways and the problems have been eliminated.

You on the other hand have decided you have been part of the problem and are willing to stand tall for your actions and do something to correct them. I commend you for that, very well written message to the forum members and hopefully appriciated by all.

I don't know you and I'm sure you don't know me, but you are someone I'd like to know and call friend.
You better know me I am sending you the traveling banner tomorrow :D I can admit when I am wrong and I am a man of my word....Forgetful due to a severe THC inbalance but I stand by what I post....Most of the time it's well thought out and sometimes I lose my temper :eek: :D This place is my heart bro.....Just bad judgment on my end and stupidity :D

I don't know if I'm considered a newbie,I avoid the offensive section and I am here to meet people,talk SRT trucks and offer any help I can!!
So far,for the most part,I,m happy with this forum(far better than than the last forum I tried)I have met some incredibly wonderful people(some became close friends)And for those reasons,I hope I can remain a staple in this group.
I,m always there for anyone that needs my help!If there are some slamming matches that need to be done,Then open a slam thread where members that thrive on that,can go there say what they want/to whoever they want.!
Welcome back Mikey!!:D

1qksrt said:
I don't know if I'm considered a newbie,I avoid the offensive section and I am here to meet people,talk SRT trucks and offer any help I can!!
So far,for the most part,I,m happy with this forum(far better than than the last forum I tried)I have met some incredibly wonderful people(some became close friends)And for those reasons,I hope I can remain a staple in this group.
I,m always there for anyone that needs my help!If there are some slamming matches that need to be done,Then open a slam thread where members that thrive on that,can go there say what they want/to whoever they want.!
Welcome back Mikey!!:D
Thanks Bro :D

Welcome back Mikey, a sincerely good post. I was hoping to see positives instead of negatives on the forum and this is the first step, lets here from some of the others. I'm fairly new on this forum and want to be here a long time. Things can and will get back to fun as soon as the other guys come back. I'm just an old fart ready to retire in April and then I'll be a pain in the ass with tooo many posts.:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

ccfeyh said:

Nicely said!! :rock:

I just got back to my desk and have been taking it all in......

Brother Mikey and I have a history that's long and strong.......

It's stronger because of the times that have tried and tested our bond of true love and friendship. I have always spoken my mind when I felt (that) The Sickness had gotten out'a fkn control.... and if it does, I may need to repeat the performance.

But, in spite of the ups and downs between Mikey and me, I have always endeavored to assure him that my criticism or even dismay over specific issues was a fatherly rebuke.... a negative reinforcement... It was not a demonstration of alienation.... Hell, I've even taken vacations just to get away from the Sickness because I didn't have a firm grip on how to deal with him.....

But, Mikey is my brother and I am proud to be his friend. He's a good man.

His immense love for people and his demonstrations of support (and troop rallying) are legendary around here. That's part of what has made this time of trial so difficult for his many friends and family members on the VTCOA.... We know who Mikey is and (more importantly) we know what Mikey is..... a brother who'll charge straight into fkng hell for his friends...... No horseshit.

Unfortunately, I've had to (for the most part) allow him to fight this particular battle alone. It was his undoing..... and it also had to be of his own making as well...... and I'm happy for him and all of us for this outcome.....

Welcome back, Mikey............... I love you, bro..... Always have, always will....

Timmy D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back