Phoenix, AZ Road Trip (Tortilla Flats)

Ill be helping move a friend on the 15th but ill be done by 10am so as long as you guys don't mind a late start lets do this!

We live in a f****king desert & our Tortilla Flat run got rained out. I'm moving to Yuma. Did get to hook up with Rick, Jay & Kyle at the Peoria Café for breakfast this morning, didn't get to see Jays Vette because it was raining. Try & reschedule for next Sunday the 15th. Birthday boy Kyle said he was in as did Dylan. If the weather permits I will be there. That's three. Hope to see everyone else.

I'm game, you know I want to see how Jay's Z06 does against a QC 6 speed truck. :D

You going to attend or not? :D

No. I will be traveling on business that day.

If I was available, I still would not go. As post #8 states...Time of day, poor road conditions (the recent heavy rains will make it worse, especially if the state did not plow out the washes) and bad food at TTF is not a venue I would choose to ask friends from the west side to meet me for lunch.

Yeah, I guess I'm just a picky old prick ;) I enjoy a great drive in the truck ( early in cool conditions with no traffic or LEO presence), even the discussion and meal afterwards. This just is not it for me.:dontknow:

You guys have a good time. I hope it is everything you expect.:)

Kyle's birthday is on the 15 & he will be helping someone move. I think putting the GTG in there would be too much for one day. So we will move it to the 22nd, besides it will be soooo much cooler then, which should make some people happy. You know, the ones without air condition vehicles. If we needed a 4X4 to get there I wouldn't be going & if you will let me know what French wine you drink I will see if they stock it. For Christ sakes, it's just f****king lunch.

Kyle's birthday is on the 15 & he will be helping someone move. I think putting the GTG in there would be too much for one day. So we will move it to the 22nd, besides it will be soooo much cooler then, which should make some people happy. You know, the ones without air condition vehicles. If we needed a 4X4 to get there I wouldn't be going & if you will let me know what French wine you drink I will see if they stock it. For Christ sakes, it's just f****king lunch.
Lol, your getting cranky with your truck in the shop and not being able to drive it. :D

It's tuff going into the ICU & seeing parts strung all over the operating lift. Flywheels here, Tranny over there, the Drive Shaft feeling like it's been shafted, the Oil Pan wondering why it has no oil. What do I tell them????? Get well cards can be sent to Bill Luke Dodge in care of the ICU. I have ordered a truck load of snickers, but will that help??? I can only hope. Excuse me while I go have a couple now.

Got a call from Bill Luke today. Suppose to meet with my Service Rep & the Extended Warranty Rep tomorrow morning. They are probably going to tell me they need to put the new 640HP Viper engine in to replace mine. Think good thoughts.

Got a call from Bill Luke today. Suppose to meet with my Service Rep & the Extended Warranty Rep tomorrow morning. They are probably going to tell me they need to put the new 640HP Viper engine in to replace mine. Think good thoughts.

This procedure seems very odd. Wy do they need to meet with you? Why can't they just say its covered or its not. :dontknow:

You wish, :D

My truck is back together, but while it's there they are going to fix the oil temp gauge & the power drivers seat. Should be able to pick it up tomorrow. I will be putting some miles on her after I pick it up for sure. I don't know how the guys that have bad winters go months without driving these trucks. Everything should be good for the 22nd. Kyle, I'll bring the tow strap in case you have to pull me in.

I don't know how the guys that have bad winters go months without driving these trucks. Everything should be good for the 22nd. Kyle, I'll bring the tow strap in case you have to pull me in.

Ya man it does suck sometimes but, keeps the miles low and every spring its like driving a new truck ! Plus, if ya got a garage, its the time to mod !

Ya man it does suck sometimes but, keeps the miles low and every spring its like driving a new truck ! Plus, if ya got a garage, its the time to mod !

It is difficult walking past it every morning and not being able to drive it.

Back