Please Welcome XenonDepot to the VTCOA

Hi Guys,

My sincere apologies for the delayed response.

Thank you so much for the very very warm welcome!! I look forward to working with you guys and being a part of your forum.

As per your questions:

1) Your vehicle does require a load equalizer/resistor to trick the computer when installing an aftermarket HID conversion kit. We are currently working/sponsoring a member on this board (infinitysrt) to make sure you guys have no problem with a the "lamp out failure". We do have have a fix however im just waiting for 100% confirmation to ensure you guys have no problems. We were hoping to have this done prior to our launch date on this forum however we were out of stock of the product infinitysrt wanted so there was a slight delay. I will have a confirmation for you guys by the end of this week/weekend.

2) Your truck uses a 9007 bulb meaning that you would need to order a 9007 HID conversion kit.

3) RedSrt007 - Glad to hear you are happy with the 6500k kit!!

4) Color Temperature - When it comes to color temperature its really a question of what you are looking for. The higher you go in terms of colour temperature the more colour you get however the less actual useable light ouput you will obtain. XenonDepot products are currently available in the following colour temperature:

4300k - Bright White
5000k - Crisp White
6500k - Purplish/Bluish tinge (this is what RedSrt007 has installed)
8000k - Blue output
3000k - Yellow output - ideal for fog applications.

Hope this helps,

Steve

XenonDepot said:
Your truck uses a 9007 bulb meaning that you would need to order a 9007 HID conversion kit.

Color Temperature - When it comes to color temperature its really a question of what you are looking for. The higher you go in terms of colour temperature the more colour you get however the less actual useable light ouput you will obtain. XenonDepot products are currently available in the following colour temperature:

4300k - Bright White
5000k - Crisp White
6500k - Purplish/Bluish tinge (this is what RedSrt007 has installed)
8000k - Blue output
3000k - Yellow output - ideal for fog applications.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Cool! Maybe you can post up the pictures of each 4300k, 5000k and etc... I would like to see what they look like during night. How much does they cost? Thanks!

I have plenty of pictures to post however at the moment I do not have any of product installed on the Ram.

The Xtreme kits are currently on sale for $224.99 + $25 shipping via DHL 1-2 day delivery.

For your trucks, you will also need a resisor fix so that you will not experience a lamp out warning which is $19.99.

Here is some information about the Xtreme kit:

XT-4k-9004_lrg.gif

- The Xtreme HID Conversion kits utilizes Japanese components to ensure both quality and reliability.

- The HID bulbs are Laser calibrated to ensure proper fitment and optically correct beam patterns.

- The ballasts used in this product are uniquely designed for aftermarket applications as they are completely epoxy sealed to protect against harsh weather conditions. In aftermarket applications, ballasts are often mounted outside the headlight leaving them susceptible to water damage. The ballasts used in this kit are designed specifically for these types of applications.

- Xtreme HID ballasts are designed with a patented multi stage safety feedback (M.S.S.F.) system allowing them to interact with the bulbs to determine optimal light output.

- Xtreme HID ballasts use a patented self intelligent light output configuration (S.I.L.C) to ensure brightness stability and precise illumination colour.

- The Xtreme HID ballasts are designed for both 12V and 24V applications.

- Equipped with advanced polarity protection system

This product will include a complete wiring harness that will literally plug directly into your OEM headlight harness via proper mating connectors. The harness provided will include upgraded fuses and relays to ensure you do not draw a higher current from your stock wiring harness than it was designed to provide.

Ballast Technical Specifciations:

Technical Data:
Nominal Voltage: Dual voltage ballast system for 12V/24V
Bulb Voltage: 85 +/- 17 (V)
Bulb Electric Power: 35 +/- 3 (W)
Operating Temperature Range: -40 ~ +95
Storage Temperature Range -40 ~ +105
Operating Voltage Range: 9 ~ 32 V
Inrush current (0-5msec): <45 (A)
Reverse Polarity Protection: Yes

Hope this helps,

Steve

I will see if I can get some pics of mine...

I have 8000 vs 6500 pics (headlight to headlight comparison)

For your trucks, you will also need a resisor fix so that you will not experience a lamp out warning which is $19.99.

Will the resistor fix work for the XMetal Blinglight units? Many of have this system already installed but have the lamp out issue.

A plug for the HIDs:
HIDs are the way to go - a must for any of my future vehicles.

Bone said:
Will the resistor fix work for the XMetal Blinglight units? Many of have this system already installed but have the lamp out issue.

A plug for the HIDs:
HIDs are the way to go - a must for any of my future vehicles.

The only problem with blinglights (that I am aware of), is that they don't have a starter box. When you flip the switch, (steve can explain into detail more then I) it sends something like 23,000 (thousand) volts in a matter of a ms to ignite the lamp. Without replays, fuses, box, and a few other components, it can be very bad for wiring and other items.

The Xenon kit has all these devices included.

A little more stuff to hook-up and install, but well worth the safety.

-Red

Hi,

HIDs operate on 35W whereas halogens operate on 55W. However, upon startup HIDs do draw significantly more power than a halogen bulb (up to 17A per side). This initial load can be strenuous on your vehicle's stock wiring. As a safegaurd, we include a relay harness that will ensure you do not draw a higher current from your vehicle's stock wiring. Furthermore, by power the ballasts directly from the battery you will ensure that the ballasts get a constant 12V.

From the 7 years that we have been selling HID conversion kits I have seen problems when installing an HID conversion kit without a wiring harness. The components end up flashing/flickering and they end up burning out prematurely.

This is why we include a wiring harness with all of our kits. The installation may take a little longer however, to be on the safe side and not having to worry about components burning out prematurely its well worth it.

Most sellers do not include a wiring harness with their kits as wiring harnesses cost money. They try to get the product as cheap as possible so that they can make the most amount of money on it.

Believe me, if we didnt think we needed a wiring harness or it definitely was not necessary we would not spend the money on it and include it with our kits.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Just got home from the Hot Rod tour and my HID's were waiting for me :rock:
I'll be installing them in the next day or so and I'll be shooting pics and writing a step by step install to post. I'll also shoot a few pics of output at night, from both inside and outside the truck.

InfinitySRT said:
Just got home from the Hot Rod tour and my HID's were waiting for me :rock:
I'll be installing them in the next day or so and I'll be shooting pics and writing a step by step install to post. I'll also shoot a few pics of output at night, from both inside and outside the truck.

Don't forget the before shots. . . Although we all know what it looks like "before". :)

Can't wait to see it though! :rock:

Quick question please.. do you lose your high/low beams when you do this conversion?
Thanks!

Roadkill said:
Quick question please.. do you lose your high/low beams when you do this conversion?
Thanks!

Hi Roadkill :)

Nah, in the car I did not...I still have my high's.

Hi,

It depends on the application.

If your vehicle uses 2 separate bulbs for the high and low beam then your high beams will not be effected. If your vehicle uses a 9007 bulb though (dual filament bulb) you will lose your high beam functionality.

Steve

So a full kit with the harness for lamp out issue is $269.98 shipped Steve??
XenonDepot said:
I have plenty of pictures to post however at the moment I do not have any of product installed on the Ram.

The Xtreme kits are currently on sale for $224.99 + $25 shipping via DHL 1-2 day delivery.

Here is some information about the Xtreme kit:

XT-4k-9004_lrg.gif

- The Xtreme HID Conversion kits utilizes Japanese components to ensure both quality and reliability.

- The HID bulbs are Laser calibrated to ensure proper fitment and optically correct beam patterns.

- The ballasts used in this product are uniquely designed for aftermarket applications as they are completely epoxy sealed to protect against harsh weather conditions. In aftermarket applications, ballasts are often mounted outside the headlight leaving them susceptible to water damage. The ballasts used in this kit are designed specifically for these types of applications.

- Xtreme HID ballasts are designed with a patented multi stage safety feedback (M.S.S.F.) system allowing them to interact with the bulbs to determine optimal light output.

- Xtreme HID ballasts use a patented self intelligent light output configuration (S.I.L.C) to ensure brightness stability and precise illumination colour.

- The Xtreme HID ballasts are designed for both 12V and 24V applications.

- Equipped with advanced polarity protection system

This product will include a complete wiring harness that will literally plug directly into your OEM headlight harness via proper mating connectors. The harness provided will include upgraded fuses and relays to ensure you do not draw a higher current from your stock wiring harness than it was designed to provide.

Ballast Technical Specifciations:

Technical Data:
Nominal Voltage: Dual voltage ballast system for 12V/24V
Bulb Voltage: 85 +/- 17 (V)
Bulb Electric Power: 35 +/- 3 (W)
Operating Temperature Range: -40 ~ +95
Storage Temperature Range -40 ~ +105
Operating Voltage Range: 9 ~ 32 V
Inrush current (0-5msec): <45 (A)
Reverse Polarity Protection: Yes

Hope this helps,

Steve

Hello,

For the Ram, you will need to purchase both the kit and resistors.

The kit is $224.99
The resistors are $19.99
+ Applicable Shipping

So far, we have had one member on this board that has installed the kit successfully. Just waiting on some pics from him when he gets a chance =)

Deibs said:
As long as you don't have an '06 your in luck,, it's easy. If not you could be spending a while getting it done.

So the 06's aren't able to be modified? :confused:

DRamSrt10 said:
Cool!! Welcome to the forum! Does anyone know which is the best kit for my 04 RC? Thanks.

Same question...

For those of us that are really novice in this arena...the web site offers very little dumb ass assistance.

Just seems to list products...and prices...can someone help me?

XenonDepot said:
Confused as well.

How are 06 models any different?

I don't know. I was hoping you could tell me. :)

Only difference I "know" of is the shape/design. . . Maybe the actual bulbs may be different too. I honestly couldn't tell you. :dontknow:

Here's an 05 and my 06 side by side.

DSC00651Large.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back