Project : RATTLE SNAKE

Does any of the vendors here have the capabilities to machine up some letters in the same style on our trucks but have it spell out "Rattle Snake" ??

First thing tomorrow morning go to your DMV and get the tag "RTL SNK". Cool name.

thats a great idea! as others have said, make sure to post pics and updates along the way.

Haulin won't it just be another 1/2 ton truck with a diesel conversion and some fancy ground effects then?

fast yes. srt10 no.

HaulinAsp said:
LOL thats a damned good idea there !!

Shoot me any ideas you have for a vanity plate, i can look them up at work to see if its available, as long as it's a NJ plate...RTLSNK is available as of right now!

bigike said:
Haulin won't it just be another 1/2 ton truck with a diesel conversion and some fancy ground effects then?

fast yes. srt10 no.

It started as an SRT-10 and that's what it DNA says it is...just now it has a heart transplant is all. IMO it would not be posing if HA keeps everything else the same (badging, etc.). The Jeep SRT guys that are dropping in blown 426 crate motors would be none to happy if someone said their Jeep wasn't an SRT anymore...

John makes a good point about the front suspension. I would plate the frame and do a little extra bracing around the mounts. With a compound turbo set up you will have 600 to 800 more pounds on the front suspension components. Don't forget the dual 6 inch stacks behind the cab, tips even with the roofline, that would be trick!

mopower1958 said:
...Don't forget the dual 6 inch stacks behind the cab, tips even with the roofline, that would be trick!

About 10 inches in diameter:rock: :rock: :rock: :D

............................If i pulled the 6.1 out of my SRT-8 and installed a 5.7 it would no longer be a "SRT"....................................

It's a great Idea, I'd just do it to a cheaper truck.

Believe me I'm not "Hatting" either :)

debadge it and restitch the seats to say SRT-6 :)

Man, don't be hating..... It started out life as an SRT-10 Viper Truck, Now the engine is blown up, I will drop in a more reliable powerplant that will make double the power and around triple the torque. I will address any issues as I see fit. This aint my first rodeo so I am not worried one bit.

If you can't understand my reasons then you will just have to wait and see my results of this project.

It WILL take quite a few by suprise. I am confident it will have just as long of legs as the v-10's if not longer with the Gear Vendors.

Last edited:
I think it's a neat idea and I wish you the best of luck with the project. The only thing on my wish list is that you keep it looking like a stock SRT-10 (no stacks stc.) but with the heart of the bullet proof diesel.

HaulinAsp said:
I am confident it will have just as long of legs as the v-10's if not longer with the Gear Vendors.

That's exactly what I was wondering...gearing's gonna be interesting. No doubt it will be a 1/4 monster but with the limited RPM range the top end might be a different story. Any idea what ratios you're thinking about?

Ronin said:
That's exactly what I was wondering...gearing's gonna be interesting. No doubt it will be a 1/4 monster but with the limited RPM range the top end might be a different story. Any idea what ratios you're thinking about?
:D Yeah the gears with LONG legs:rock:

The gearing issue is going to be really interesting...I know so little about these power plants that I get excited every time I see there is a new post in this thread.

I know: 'Get a life Roy.'

But this is good stuff!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back