Project : RATTLE SNAKE

As long as the mods improve the truck's performance, she's still an SRT to me. No exhaust stacks PLEASE. This will be a sports truck on big hormones not a work truck!!!

HaulinAsp said:
I just secured a Industrial Injection CP3.4 injection pump, and a nice large Silver Bullet turbo and manifold. And I didn't even call my connections in II......

I now have enough fuel and air for 800 hp easy on fuel only.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

why the single and not compound? wouldnt the compound be a little more street friendly? what kind of head work you got goin? (head gasket, o/fire rings.ect.....) im thinking for my build up in a little bit:burnout:

The CR utilizes a MLS type gasket, which when the engine is hot rodded correctly this gasket works pretty well. The single turbo is a big Silver Bullet style (Silver71) combined with the Super CP3 (CP3.4) which supplies 230% more fuel over the standard CP3 and custom flowed injectors (around 30-40 lpm) this should allow the turbo to light pretty qwickly on the street.

I will be doing some port work smoothing on the exhaust side and will pay particular attention to the bowls for the intake and exhaust. One can't get to generous here as you are only trying to clean up the transition to the bowl area and hogging out the bowl area has proven to result with cracked cylinder heads.

The camshaft profile being used is also designed to help speed the airflow up and help the larger turbochargers light faster.

The cylinder head is the only stumbling block on the entire Cummins platform.

Last edited:
I wish you'd have been around when I sold my 2 Holset HX-81's! Big Power there 4000+ HP

Sold both for 1350 to a tractor pull guy in Indiana

bigike said:
I wish you'd have been around when I sold my 2 Holset HX-81's! Big Power there 4000+ HP

Sold both for 1350 to a tractor pull guy in Indiana
:rock: Good price for a pair of HX-80 series:rock:

bigike said:
btw thats going to be a hell of a SRT-6! :)

That's a good point. Change all of the badging when you're done. That'll confuse people. Might think you are a poser with a V6 work truck and SRT badging.:eek:

SlvrSnake said:
That's a good point. Change all of the badging when you're done. That'll confuse people. Might think you are a poser with a V6 work truck and SRT badging.:eek:

to be even more confusing, shouldn't change it to something like SRT-6D? ;)

LOL jeezis christmas.....:embarassed:

So y-alls are probably gonna see how really wacky I am.....:ahhhhh:

So what- I gotta be me!:hello:

So I blew the snizz outta my Viper engine. I decided to install a full on Cummins Common Rail Diesel and am well under way on that project. I WANT this to be done and can't wait for it to be done. During my time before I made up my mind to install a diesel I scoured the country looking for a Viper engine, the ones I found were either big money or the history of them left me wary on pulling the trigger. Sooooo after some time passes- I come to locate a BRAND NEW Viper Engine Block from someone who I was talking with about Viper engines and parts.. It was pulled off the assemby line before sleeves were even pressed into the block. I called up to inquire about it and come to find out that it was bought off from a guy who had SRT Factory connections and he fell on hard times and sold off some of his inventory to my guy. We agreed upon on price for this new block and I qwickly sent him a deposit to secure it.

Now y-all are probably saying to yourselves YEAH ! He's gonna make his Viper Truck a Viper Truck again....

Nope.:argh:

I pulled the trans outta the truck and have that sitting in the garage waiting to be installed in my 66 Dodge Charger. I was gonna put a built up aluminum headed dual quad 440. But now I will be installing a Viper engine instead. So I will be making a Viper Powered and shifted 1966 Dodge Charger.

Also I was able to take one of my spare SRT-10 wheels I have and check fitment in the rear- It looks like it will work.

IMG_0074.jpg

My plan is to paint the Charger in the silver pearl that comes on the Vipers anyhow from the begining now it is mandatory.:D

Go ahead flame suit is on and fully zipped up.;)

HaulinAsp said:
LOL jeezis christmas.....:embarassed:

So y-alls are probably gonna see how really wacky I am.....:ahhhhh:

So what- I gotta be me!:hello:

So I blew the snizz outta my Viper engine. I decided to install a full on Cummins Common Rail Diesel and am well under way on that project. I WANT this to be done and can't wait for it to be done. During my time before I made up my mind to install a diesel I scoured the country looking for a Viper engine, the ones I found were either big money or the history of them left me wary on pulling the trigger. Sooooo after some time passes- I come to locate a BRAND NEW Viper Engine Block from someone who I was talking with about Viper engines and parts.. It was pulled off the assemby line before sleeves were even pressed into the block. I called up to inquire about it and come to find out that it was bought off from a guy who had SRT Factory connections and he fell on hard times and sold off some of his inventory to my guy. We agreed upon on price for this new block and I qwickly sent him a deposit to secure it.

Now y-all are probably saying to yourselves YEAH ! He's gonna make his Viper Truck a Viper Truck again....

Nope.:argh:

I pulled the trans outta the truck and have that sitting in the garage waiting to be installed in my 66 Dodge Charger. I was gonna put a built up aluminum headed dual quad 440. But now I will be installing a Viper engine instead. So I will be making a Viper Powered and shifted 1966 Dodge Charger.

Also I was able to take one of my spare SRT-10 wheels I have and check fitment in the rear- It looks like it will work.

IMG_0074.jpg

My plan is to paint the Charger in the silver pearl that comes on the Vipers anyhow from the begining now it is mandatory.:D

Go ahead flame suit is on and fully zipped up.;)

Won't be any flaming from this side,sounds lika an ambitous but awesome project !!!Haven't seen a 10 in a '66 Charger yet,so go for it !!! :rock: :rock:

SO.... you're gonna have a Viper powered 66 Charger, AND a Diesel powered Ram SRT 10??? Freakin sweet:rock::rock::rock:

I need to get my crankshaft magnafluxed to check for fractures, one of the counterweights has a small nick in it I presume from the stock pistons and rods letting go, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is not fractured and that I can have my machinist knife edge the crank and rebalance it.

If it checks out good I will need to talk to Stinker about some forged rods and pistons. (yes I learned the hard way).

I hope this works out as it should be a killer little project. I have been doing numerous body modifications to this Charger- like deleting all the emblems, removing all the trim pieces and welding up the holes from the trim clips, I cut the flanges off on the quarter to sail panel area and welded those together and I used body lead to finish off the seams. I will cut out about an inch per side on both the front and rear bumpers and tuck them in closer to the body. Basically I am cleaning up the body lines. I shaved the door handles and shaved the key openings (going with power)

I have a fully built up 440 for it but that will have to wait for another project now that I secured another Viper block. I will probably have to rework the entire front suspension setup and delete the K frame assembly and torsion bars. We'll see.

one word of advice don't chince on pistons or rings, you'll be doing ring jobs every winter. Also the holset hx50 will be perfect turbo for the horsepower you are looking for. But just like our v10 motors gett forged or go heavy duty cast steel, also rods are a big part I have seen many rods make windows in 5.9 and 8.3l blocks. But your right you can slap on twin turbos on a 5.9 stock motor and pull tens easily and literally smoke your opponent blind. If you need any help locating parts or anything diesel let me know thats what I do all day everyday. Thats why I love our trucks.

DevilDawg3097 said:
one word of advice don't chince on pistons or rings, you'll be doing ring jobs every winter. Also the holset hx50 will be perfect turbo for the horsepower you are looking for. But just like our v10 motors gett forged or go heavy duty cast steel, also rods are a big part I have seen many rods make windows in 5.9 and 8.3l blocks. But your right you can slap on twin turbos on a 5.9 stock motor and pull tens easily and literally smoke your opponent blind. If you need any help locating parts or anything diesel let me know thats what I do all day everyday. Thats why I love our trucks.
Thanks, I am VERY well versed in building these Cummins Diesels. ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back