Project : RATTLE SNAKE

HaulinAsp said:
:D Yeah the gears with LONG legs:rock:

Do you figure your max RPM is 4K, or are you gonna push it higher? That wouldn't be a sweat with the bulletproof stuff from I/I that you're planning on using, for sure. I 'bout poop myself when my truck's even close to 4K, and that's a V-8 Powerstroke/joke; an in-line 6 Cummins spinning that quick would just be tremendous @ WOT.

I wouldn't suggest that you de- or re-badge, but I think the comment about putting a SRT-6 badge on is pretty dang funny. I can't imagine how many Hemi Rams would fall for that thinking you were some badged poser...right up until they coughed up a lung from the black smoke they're chokin' on!

I always said I'd never buy a gasser (truck) again, and I went and bought my 10, but the 10's motor is a class/category that I was happy to make an exception to, but man I love a well built oil-burner. :burnout:

You get this dialed in and geared right and it's gonna be outrageous. Diesel Power/8-Lug and the other mags (Truckin', etc.) would be trippin' over themselves for the chance to feature it.

Keep us posted with plenty-o-pics! :rock:

Sounds like a killer project !!!As for the Badging,how about SRT C??? And make the C the Cummins Logo C !!! :dontknow: just a thought !!:rock: :rock: :rock: Good luck with the project !!!:rock: :rock:

the cummins CAN run as high as 6500 rpm SAFELYwhen built right , i have only 300hp on mine, with the 48re, i can sit at 3200, pulling HARD till 4th gear quits...im really looking forward to the mods and build, the only problem i can fathom is traction, any ideas yet?

Smokey said:
the cummins CAN run as high as 6500 rpm SAFELY when built right...

Holy snikes! :eek:

Wow, I can't image my Powerstoke even close to that RPM, it'd grenade, head studs or not. HA's doing it right being on board with Industrial Injection so it won't disappoint...

It's nice to see a few Soot Lovers in the VTCOA.

Diesel's are one of my passions, this is why I choose this route of transformation.

Next weekend the new bullet gets dropped off into my hands.

I am glad there are some here that are excited as I am and the few that know what a beast this will be once completed. No stacks at all, I will have one of my sponsors help me with the exhaust out the back in the same outlet location as stock- with the exception of it being either 4" or 5" piping......

An auto would be ideal yes- I have a fully built billet Suncoast with a 5 disc Suncoast converter in my 8200lb duallie that hits 1.6- 60ft's launching in 4wd @25-30psi of boost......

But I am after a long legged diesel so a manual with a Gear Vendors seems like the natural selection....

HaulinAsp said:
It's nice to see a few Soot Lovers in the VTCOA.....

someone has to be differnent:D

a 4" tube with a 5" tip would prob work, plus it'd look somewhat stock

Smokey said:

You could make it look like the Borla/Mopar exhaust oval tip to fit the bumper exhaust profile.

HaulinAsp said:
It's nice to see a few Soot Lovers in the VTCOA.

Diesel's are one of my passions, this is why I choose this route of transformation.

Next weekend the new bullet gets dropped off into my hands.

I am glad there are some here that are excited as I am and the few that know what a beast this will be once completed. No stacks at all, I will have one of my sponsors help me with the exhaust out the back in the same outlet location as stock- with the exception of it being either 4" or 5" piping......

An auto would be ideal yes- I have a fully built billet Suncoast with a 5 disc Suncoast converter in my 8200lb duallie that hits 1.6- 60ft's launching in 4wd @25-30psi of boost......

But I am after a long legged diesel so a manual with a Gear Vendors seems like the natural selection....

Stinker has a nice 4" system w/single 4" outlet

FATJACK said:
Stinker has a nice 4" system w/single 4" outlet
Too much information :eek:.....Oh you mean an exhaust system.........right???:dontknow::dontknow::D

I LOVE DIESELS I made a hell of a living working on 1000 to 30000 hp monsters.

Believe me I'm not hating, I just would see it as a 1500 swap with ground effects :0

Now rename it a SRT-6 and that would be true........:)

Got any parts for sale from you truck when it was a srt10

bigike said:
I LOVE DIESELS I made a hell of a living working on 1000 to 30000 hp monsters.

Believe me I'm not hating, I just would see it as a 1500 swap with ground effects :0

Now rename it a SRT-6 and that would be true........:)

Got any parts for sale from you truck when it was a srt10
I already have a true 1500 conversion underway, I am turning it into a Pro Street Diesel that's slammed, 4 link back halved, killer auto trans ect.....

Believe me it's not what I had in mind when I purchased the SRT-10. But honestly it was the first thing that came to mind when the engine went BOOM.:rock:

Smokey said:

Smokey, to answer your PM question on the Diesel Power issue- it was Oct 2007.

The feature is titled Ultralight Dodge Ram pgs. 46-50......(there's even a pic of my SRT-10 next to the beast for comparison.....:rock:)

Believe me it's not what I had in mind when I purchased the SRT-10. But honestly it was the first thing that came to mind when the engine went BOOM.:rock:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that beast. beautiful

HaulinAsp said:
Smokey, to answer your PM question on the Diesel Power issue- it was Oct 2007.

The feature is titled Ultralight Dodge Ram pgs. 46-50......(there's even a pic of my SRT-10 next to the beast for comparison.....:rock:)

Ahhh...Diesel Power, my favorite bathroom mag! :toilet:

Checked it out...very cool. :top: They'll be trippin' on the 10 when you get it buttoned up. Shit with the right Gear Vendors setup you need to get to the Texas Mile and crush their record. You'll have everything you need, and then some!

I just secured a Industrial Injection CP3.4 injection pump, and a nice large Silver Bullet turbo and manifold. And I didn't even call my connections in II......

I now have enough fuel and air for 800 hp easy on fuel only.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I believe it will be. This is a killer CP injection pump. And it is brandy new along with the healthy sized turbo. I will recieve delivery this weekend and the cam is on it's way tomorrow, we discussed my new items I purchased and my buddy had 5 race profile style cams in stock, which is what we now decided on instead of a drop in.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back