quick vid

Still not an expectation. I didnt say, I expected it to be much faster than this. I said "Doesnt it seem slow?" which is a question. As in maybe there is something wrong with my truck, and how does it compare with others. Did you see the little annotations that I added in the video?? They're just for you, pumpkin.

Settle down VenomTruck2slow it will be o.k.:D:p

Still not an expectation. I didnt say, I expected it to be much faster than this. I said "Doesnt it seem slow?" which is a question. As in maybe there is something wrong with my truck, and how does it compare with others. Did you see the little annotations that I added in the video?? They're just for you, pumpkin.

Take it to the track and find out. If you're in the 13s, you're fine. In the 14s, something is wrong.

Settle down VenomTruck2slow it will be o.k.:D:p

3r3shd-300x209.jpg

Think so? Ok well Ill def take your word for it. Im finally taking it to the track tomorrow, so Ill have timeslips and video. Dont expect anything crazy tho, my trucks mostly stock. And its only an 1/8 mile track. Sorry, only one around.

Take it to the track and find out. If you're in the 13s, you're fine. In the 14s, something is wrong.

You dont read much….do you?

This is basically a stock run at Red River Raceway in Louisiana in 95+ heat. Prob no mods on my part from what I can remember.​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0f17gt_7r4]SRT10 - Mobile.m4v - YouTube[/ame]

Whats wrong with 14s?

It's rated for high 13s, shouldn't be running 14s at all. It's bad enough Dodge gave it a shitty auto to be a half second slower than the RC which run low 13s and with a few mods can break 12s. Pretty much the same with the LX/LC SRT8s are running. Otherwise there are better options in the 14s.

I can tell you that in 95* heat and considering myself a good driver/racer the absolute best mine would do is consistent 13.9@99 mph.
It simply had none left other than slicks. That could've brought it down to a 13.5-13.7.
The weight of the auto, and power loss through the fluid drive kills the Viper engine.
Better DA and good tires should result in 13.5s consistent

I can tell you that in 95* heat and considering myself a good driver/racer the absolute best mine would do is consistent 13.9@99 mph.
It simply had none left other than slicks. That could've brought it down to a 13.5-13.7.
The weight of the auto, and power loss through the fluid drive kills the Viper engine.
Better DA and good tires should result in 13.5s consistent

Do you mean this auto? Well it does suck, if you meant all auto's then compare against a DCT. Obv Dodge didn't have the technology then, but they did have better auto's, it's just they didn't want it to be faster or as fast as the RC.

Do you mean this auto? Well it does suck, if you meant all auto's then compare against a DCT. Obv Dodge didn't have the technology then, but they did have better auto's, it's just they didn't want it to be faster or as fast as the RC.

^^^Dumbest thing I have ever read in my entire life. TOWING MAYBE???????

Uh huh. You're saying that if a DCT was available to make it faster they would use it? Look at the Viper SRT10, ZR1, GT500 and neither of them use an auto. Autos are available. They just firmly believe in using the manual over the auto. Audi could have brought the DCT over for the TT-RS, but instead used the manual which makes it a half second slower.

The quad cabs were made so that people could have the best of both worlds. A truck that hauls ass, and a truck that can seat your entire family and tow 7000 pounds. Thats why they used this particular trans. Also, you are gay and nobody likes you.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back