quick vid

Uh huh. You're saying that if a DCT was available to make it faster they would use it? Look at the Viper SRT10, ZR1, GT500 and neither of them use an auto. Autos are available. They just firmly believe in using the manual over the auto. Audi could have brought the DCT over for the TT-RS, but instead used the manual which makes it a half second slower.
You bring up a interesting point about a DCT equipped car being quicker. There have been multiple threads where we timed our shifts and compared them to the advertised shift times of the quickest automatics. The automatic should be 2-3 tenths quicker. But, if I was going to buy any of the cars you mentioned, I would only buy a stick. They are simply more fun to drive, IMO. Most consumers feel that way and that is why those cars come with manuals.

I disagree with you about Mopar's reason for putting the auto they did behind the 8.3. They used the trans they did because it was already in use in the existing platform. It made installing the 8.3 in the quad cab easier (ie cheaper).

Im gonna pair those up with scotts mufflers when i can. O you lose some bottom end when there open? I did in my old hemi

Whats wrong with 14s?

Nothing, most people don't understand DA and how it can take a 12 sec. vehicle and make it run 14s.

It's rated for high 13s, shouldn't be running 14s at all. It's bad enough Dodge gave it a shitty auto to be a half second slower than the RC which run low 13s and with a few mods can break 12s. Pretty much the same with the LX/LC SRT8s are running. Otherwise there are better options in the 14s.

Like others have said, density altitude makes all the difference

^^^Dumbest thing I have ever read in my entire life. TOWING MAYBE???????

You can tow shit with the RC

Its just a noise maker, no performance gains or losses that I can tell.

We have a few noisemakers here too, doesn't mean they are totally useless. :D

my tranny got broken last time at the track , now after a rebuild with better parts it feels alot firm and quicker.
only time i can go to the track for 1/4 mile is in april , only track availible and one time a year for non pro's , so i have to waith a few months to see if i can go faster than the 13.9 i had before.

my 2006 QC is heavier than a 2005 QC , and i have extra 400lbs extra weight due to a LPG conversion system.
so the 13.9 was not bad imo...

here the 2nd gear got broken...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNesd03IY7E]run 2nd gear stuck - YouTube[/ame]

here my 13.9

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O7kiTiJ1kI]Ram SRT10 13.9 - YouTube[/ame]

What happened to second gear, Sammy?

the band didnt grip on the drum to hold first gear , so second gear wasnt there anymore , i managed to drive home for 120miles , but everytime when the truck went to second gear , i had to loose the trottle until it went in 3th gear , from there i could drive at the highway with no props , but second gear was totaly gone , when i reved gas in second gear it went to 4 - 5000 rpm without power...

do u understand my writing ?
i'm Belgian , so englisch isnt my language...:confused::)

Sammy, your writing is fine. You actually write better than some of the American members on here.

the band didnt grip on the drum to hold first gear , so second gear wasnt there anymore , i managed to drive home for 120miles , but everytime when the truck went to second gear , i had to loose the trottle until it went in 3th gear , from there i could drive at the highway with no props , but second gear was totaly gone , when i reved gas in second gear it went to 4 - 5000 rpm without power...

do u understand my writing ?
i'm Belgian , so english isnt my language...:confused::)
Your written english is excellent! Thanks for the explanation.

I'm pretty sure Ralph Gilles said tht making a 4 door viper tuck was the the dumbest thing that SRT ever did.

Dom
Undefeated on the Internet

I'm pretty sure Ralph Gilles said tht making a 4 door viper tuck was the the dumbest thing that SRT ever did.

Dom

Talking Viper, Ram, and SRT's Future With Ralph Gilles - 2013 New York - MotorTrend WOT

People 2005 Dodge Ram SRT 10 Quad Cab 300x187 imagehave asked me like if I’d do an SRT Fiat 500, but I’m like well, they have Abarth. Abarth basically is their SRT so there’s no need to double brand it, so you have to respect heritage too. I would love to do another Ram, but a different formula. The last one got a bit silly with the four doors and all that stuff. It intrigues me because we had one before, and a lot of guys who have the truck are trying to maintain it but they’re getting to be 10 years old now, and ask “Hey! When are you going to do another one?â€￾ So I get that a lot. We’ll see. We stay fluid.

Read more: Talking Viper, Ram, and SRT's Future With Ralph Gilles - 2013 New York - MotorTrend WOT
Follow us: @MotorTrend on Twitter | MotortrendMag on Facebook

Dom

Ralph Gilles is the dumbass for not releasing a boosted engine for the SRT8. Those guys are competing against a Mustang at nearly half its price and a GT500 around the same price. The Jeep SRT8 used to compete against the X5M, RR, and Cayenne for half and even a third of the price. Now it still runs the same numbers but with a heavy price increase. Everybody else is upping the HP or finding ways to make their car faster, but the SRT8 still continues to come up short, even for value now. Even the SRT10 came up short until recently when they added some technology to make it compete against the ZR1, GTR, and other supercars.

That's why a lot of SRT8 owners went to Ford to get their Mustang GT for half the price, or GT500 for the same price, or ZL1/V for some luxury, myself included. Some are even going import; M3/M5/X5M, GTR, C63/E63, etc. Just like when I leave Dodge again, I won't be back until they make something more competitive and priced better. Don't see that happening anytime soon. Only came back because there was no way I was going back to an SRT8 again after I had it for close to 3 years. Figured I'd give the SRT10 a shot after looking at a Lightning. Even paid the $5K extra over the Lightning. But Ralph Gilles and Dodge don't care about used car sales.

ok , but i think the dumbest thing was NOT making RC Vipertrucks with a good auto transmission.

i hate shifting with a regular driving vehicle...
for a track vehicle its maybe ok for shifting , not for drivin in normal traffic.

just my 2cent's

Ralph Gilles is the dumbass for not releasing a boosted engine for the SRT8. Those guys are competing against a Mustang at nearly half its price and a GT500 around the same price. The Jeep SRT8 used to compete against the X5M, RR, and Cayenne for half and even a third of the price. Now it still runs the same numbers but with a heavy price increase. Everybody else is upping the HP or finding ways to make their car faster, but the SRT8 still continues to come up short, even for value now. Even the SRT10 came up short until recently when they added some technology to make it compete against the ZR1, GTR, and other supercars.

That's why a lot of SRT8 owners went to Ford to get their Mustang GT for half the price, or GT500 for the same price, or ZL1/V for some luxury, myself included. Some are even going import; M3/M5/X5M, GTR, C63/E63, etc. Just like when I leave Dodge again, I won't be back until they make something more competitive and priced better. Don't see that happening anytime soon. Only came back because there was no way I was going back to an SRT8 again after I had it for close to 3 years. Figured I'd give the SRT10 a shot after looking at a Lightning. Even paid the $5K extra over the Lightning. But Ralph Gilles and Dodge don't care about used car sales.

There is so much wrong here I don't even know where to start, but I will give it a shot. A Challenger SRT8, which would be considered the closest competitor to the GT500, is $10k cheaper than a GT500. $55k > $45k. That is base price for the GT500 and sticker price for a nicely optioned Challenger SRT8 that is sitting on the lot. Start adding options to that GT500 and the price difference increases, obviously. The GT500 is head and shoulders above the Challenger SRT8 in performance so this comparison doesn't even matter. As for Ralph Gilles not caring about used car sales, have you ever heard a manufacturer use higher resale value than the competition as a selling point? I have and yes it does matter if you can convince the consumer they will get more money back when they are ready to move on to a new vehicle.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back