racing question

Just so you know...the DA at Praire Hill last night at 11pm was 2873' ( almost the same as my DA of 2845' the other night when I ran a 12.11). Tooloe said the track stayed open till 2AM....but he won't report his ET's and the time he ran them .... although I know his best NA run et and speed already, but I'll let him report it.

I did a check back on weight reduction and Tooloe reported his truck weighed 4680 with 3/4 tank of fuel...I assume full interior and tailgate in place , along with stock wheels and tires. My truck weighs 4720 with 3/8 tank in street trim...so we are pretty close. Now when I change tires and remove the tailgate and passenger seat, subwoofer and package tray the race weight with 1/4 tank is 4460. Now with my lightweight doors I'm at 4290. I set the ET record in Jan 2009 at 12.024 before I had the fiberglass fenders and carbonfiber hood, weight was probably close to 4650. I set the speed record of 117.34 in Feb 2010 at the race weight of 4460. Next time at Sacramento I will be at 4290.

Damn, that is a full 1000 lbs less than my truck. With all the corrections that would put me at 11:50 NA

Trainman said:
Just so you know...the DA at Praire Hill last night at 11pm was 2873' ( almost the same as my DA of 2845' the other night when I ran a 12.11). Tooloe said the track stayed open till 2AM....but he won't report his ET's and the time he ran them .... although I know his best NA run et and speed already, but I'll let him report it.
If you have the slips then by all means share with the group

the slip i'll be reporting will be with a video and time slip saying I'm in the 11's lol:aetsch: :D

first time out on slicks and it's a change i need to get the launch down good and then it'll be alot better.. I did not launch any higher than 2800 RPM last night due to the fact theres a dip and the damn line and the truck kept wanting to roll forward and i don't have 3 feet to work all the pedals lol

Last edited:
Tooloe said:
If you have the slips then by all means share with the group

the slip i'll be reporting will be with a video and time slip saying i'm int he 11's lol:aetsch: :D
I always report every run I make with 60' times, ET and speed and usually the DA and time I made the run. I just wonder why I have never seen those from you...its not for me but the whole club can benefit. I am especially eager to see how those full slicks and shaved calipers worked for you. I even try to tell my launch RPM and tire pressure I use with the M&H drag radials so everyone can benefit. I have no experience with the full slicks and I am thinking they might be a bit too much for an NA engine, and based on your results, I may be right. FatJack likes the slicks but he also is on the spray. I have no experience with Nitrous and I will never use it, thats just me. So help us all out and report the results so we can all learn from it.....say if you had clocked a 1.60 60' on those slicks NA ( I know you said 1.87 was your best) then I would look real hard at getting them...its all about getting things to work together. I also was wondering if your tune is different for the spray and hurting your performance while in the NA mode. Don't you have to pull timing to run Nitrous?

Trainman said:
I always report every run I make with 60' times, ET and speed and usually the DA and time I made the run. I just wonder why I have never seen those from you...its not for me but the whole club can benefit. I am especially eager to see how those full slicks and shaved calipers worked for you. I even try to tell my launch RPM and tire pressure I use with the M&H drag radials so everyone can benefit. I have no experience with the full slicks and I am thinking they might be a bit too much for an NA engine, and based on your results, I may be right. FatJack likes the slicks but he also is on the spray. I have no experience with Nitrous and I will never use it, thats just me. So help us all out and report the results so we can all learn from it.....say if you had clocked a 1.60 60' on those slicks NA ( I know you said 1.87 was your best) then I would look real hard at getting them...its all about getting things to work together. I also was wondering if your tune is different for the spray and hurting your performance while in the NA mode. Don't you have to pull timing to run Nitrous?

yes i agree with you about the being more percise about the time of the run and what not.. and yes i have to diffrent tunes one for N/A and one for nitrous.. the slicks hooked great but i did not really dig into the RPM's at the line like a should have.. it was the first time out on true slicks for me or any sticky tire for that matter. so it was a change hahaha. but i can tell you the slicks would hook up one pass and then the next they wouldn't i know i can getg a 1.6 60 out of these tires easy! just need to figure out the launch......some times i would blow them off and sometimes they would hook

Hey FATJACK....I protest!!!!!! I just saw the pictures of Tooloe's truck over in the media section...and he has REMOVED the "RAM SRT-10" lettering from his doors:mad: .......How could someone do that! The truck is way too light now!:aetsch:

Trainman said:
Hey FATJACK....I protest!!!!!! I just saw the pictures of Tooloe's truck over in the media section...and he has REMOVED the "RAM SRT-10" lettering from his doors:mad: .......How could someone do that! The truck is way too light now!:aetsch:
Damn, I have not noticed that, we need to pitch him out on his ear!!:D :D

My .02! I was threre and can tell the story pretty accurate as an outsider.

1st and foremost though.....Trainman..............Are all your records DA corrected? Just wondering what the real #'s are to beat?

Next off, Tooloe did pretty good for his first time on man slicks! They do indeed fit the wheelwells nicely and should provide plenty of traction. Wade's LSD is on it's way out I believe. It was his right spinning outside the burnout box and not the left! The wet left tire was killing his 60ft as well as not heating them up enough. I tried and tried to convince him to launch at a mch higher RPM to get her off the line. He was around 2500 -2800 I'd guess. His shifting as well is killing him. He is shifting around 5500 when he has that extra 5-700 RPM to climb and making great power up there. (Granny shifting).
If everything came into play I think he would have been real close to breaking that record. Maybe Justin and I can talk him into letting us run it and getting the record for his truck before he sells it!:D

VENOMOUS1 said:
My .02! I was threre and can tell the story pretty accurate as an outsider.

1st and foremost though.....Trainman..............Are all your records DA corrected? Just wondering what the real #'s are to beat?

Next off, Tooloe did pretty good for his first time on man slicks! They do indeed fit the wheelwells nicely and should provide plenty of traction. Wade's LSD is on it's way out I believe. It was his right spinning outside the burnout box and not the left! The wet left tire was killing his 60ft as well as not heating them up enough. I tried and tried to convince him to launch at a mch higher RPM to get her off the line. He was around 2500 -2800 I'd guess. His shifting as well is killing him. He is shifting around 5500 when he has that extra 5-700 RPM to climb and making great power up there. (Granny shifting).
If everything came into play I think he would have been real close to breaking that record. Maybe Justin and I can talk him into letting us run it and getting the record for his truck before he sells it!:D
No, the ET's and MPH's I report are ACTUAL times not DA corrected. I also sometimes put up the corrected times just for reference. My best corrected ET was last time out at Famoso, in the heat, DA 2845' and the corrected ET was 11.702 @ 117.837 MPH...actual time 12.114 @ 113.75. So for the record the ET for NA stands at 12.024 (Sacramento, Jan.2009) and the Speed record for NA stands at 117.37 mph ( Sac., Feb. 2010, ps watch the video and you will see the actual time on the scoreboard.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info man! DOn't get us wrong, we are out to beat your time as anyone serious about their 10 is out to do. You set a benchmark that is hard to beat NA and for that I am respectful. I hope to own a QC record before long NA!

For shits and giggles my C5 ran a [email protected] that same night at Prarie Hill, what was that corrected to? Funny thing is it is to the T the exact time my 10 has run!!

VENOMOUS1 said:
Thanks for the info man! DOn't get us wrong, we are out to beat your time as anyone serious about their 10 is out to do. You set a benchmark that is hard to beat NA and for that I am respectful. I hope to own a QC record before long NA!

For shits and giggles my C5 ran a [email protected] that same night at Prarie Hill, what was that corrected to? Funny thing is it is to the T the exact time my 10 has run!!
Good Luck...but I think my freind RottenRonnie will have something to say about the QC record:rock:

Trainman said:
Good Luck...but I think my freind RottenRonnie will have something to say about the QC record:rock:

No problem, I have looked up to him and his record as well, even before my 10 purchase. Just gotta have the funds.;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back