Riff update thread

Great news Mikey. Matt is just a real wonderful person. Last years gtg was something special. I'm honored to have been part of it. Diane was an incredible host and the food was superb. I will attend other gtg's but look forward to round two like a kid on xmas eve. Great idea for the collection for him as well people.... :rock: Matt, get well soon bro.... Scott....

Waiting for news sometimes is the hardest thing. keep us posted. If a collection is started let me know!

At a minimum, we should create a fund to pay for a hell of a GTG with no cost to Matt and Diane.

I know Mikey has let Diane know how much we care about Matt, and how we are all pulling for him to make a full recovery.
I must agree with Treker about the GTG at Matt's last year, it was a great time, and Diane laid out a spread of for like I have never seen before or probably will ever again.
Get well quickly Matt!

Bill.

I will be calling Diane here in a few minutes. I am hopeful the news will be good to report. Stay tuned fellas :D

I hope to talk with Riffinator tonight if he is able so I can tell him the support he has here on this site.

Billy your an incredible man Bro....Glad your my best friend the world needs more people like you in it....Just taller :D :p

Roy that Idea sounds great but I as always want nothing to do with collecting funds. I trust Scott with my life ( Trekker ) so maybe he will be someone that steps up if we decide to do this GTG in summer. I know after talking with Diane last night twice she said Matt is really looking forward to a GTG this summer. I think it will help drive him during rehab to get better soon. But if we do this I want to do it big and get Prof and many others out there this time....The man deserves it and he has been through some serious Shit this year....So I am all in...NYsteve and Trekker can coordinate this with the help of myself and Diane and who ever else wants to be part of it.

Maybe with enough notice we can get Hotram and Andrew and some of the Florida nut cases up there as well.......I can't wait :rock: :rock:

Just tell me where to send the funds, I want the privilege of making the first contribution!

I will start a thread with my paypal account for Matt and Denise's GTG.

I would be honored....

I will also offer my services as GTG photographer. Matt, my old friend..... This will be a GTG to remember....

TREKER said:
I will start a thread with my paypal account for Matt and Denise's GTG.

I would be honored....

I will also offer my services as GTG photographer. Matt, my old friend..... This will be a GTG to remember....
:D ...........:D Knew you would step up Scotty :rock: OK your in charge of it but we will fight over the photography part LOL :elefant:

Thanks for starting this thread Mikey!

Matt, I hope your recovery goes well, and you are up and around in no time!! Remember that God will never give you more than you can handle, and you must be awesome, because he has given you a lot to handle lately!

I will have a hard time planning on making it to a GTG up your way, but if it is at all possible, I will definitely be there!! I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and Diane at the NE GTG last spring, and it would be my honor and privelege to shake your hand again!

(Plus I think I owe Treker a few beers or something....)

Take care Matt!! Hope to see you posting again soon!!!

Scott

TheSickness said:
:D ...........:D Knew you would step up Scotty :rock: OK your in charge of it but we will fight over the photography part LOL :elefant:

We can all take photos bro.. Just get yourself there....:)

TREKER said:
We can all take photos bro.. Just get yourself there....:)
Hehehehe it will be a challenge for me for sure. But I have already 56.00 saved thus far :rock: I got a raise coming Monday and I will try and stash the extra money from that to get there...Dunno how much it is yet either :eek: :D

Riff update Day 2

Diane tells me that he is now off of the ventilator and the Docs say he is doing well. The Neurologist says still too soon to tell if he suffered and FURTHER brain Damage :p He has sight out of both eyes and apparently has no vision problems to report. Matt will be deaf in one ear for life as they removed the bones. Tomorrow he will start a battery of tests and then hopefully the big test learning how to walk not looking like a drunk Quasimodo :D A lot is still very unknown as to how he will recover or how fast it will take...This is why we have not set a firm date for the GTG in his honor.

Diane told me he is also speaking and feisty as hell......LMAO She is in good spirits and man did we laugh when she was telling me some of the goofy Shit he was doing.....I will share those once I know he is out of danger and getting well...:eek: But it had something to do with Van Gogh Bwahahahahaha Sorry that was bad right :eek: :D He is feisty and that is so not like Matt anyway so that is a good sign either way. Can you believe he has got all these tubes hanging outta his grill and he wants a ciggy Hahahaaha :D Wait till he finds out he's got a Catheter in his Dingy hehehehe :D I am happy I got a positive phone call and happy to share with all of you.....Matt is a good man and I hope him the best....Love you Bro :rock:

HOT RAM said:
Glad to hear he is doing better.He and Diane are fine people and were very gracious hosts at the N.E. gtg
Whatcha doin in July or August Nelson.....We got a spot for you and Andrew again....Come on up :rock:

Mikey, please give me a break with those freakin text messages! Tell the Riffster, Joe Mags sends his best wishes, and to get well soon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back