Roe or paxton supercharger??

What are the prices on a Paxton vs the JMB for a stock RC engine.

Looks like a Paxton is about $7500 polished

JMB F1C serpentine kit $7000
JMB twin pump 1000whp fuel system with injectors and rails $1800
Custom dyno tune w/sct $1000+
ATI balancer highly recommended for both $470

can paxton's be <air x air> intercooled? or do thay all have that "charge cooler"?

You can modify them for that, but again more money for very little gains.

Justin

So what's a realistic figure of a full forged build, procharger, tune, meth, headwork,

and goodies run about 22-30k? and around 850-900rwhp?<how's long range drivability?>

sorry just trying to figure out how many of kids aren't going to college :dontknow:

I tink you will need the electric fan as well to make room for the procharger bracket

So what's a realistic figure of a full forged build, procharger, tune, meth, headwork,

and goodies run about 22-30k? and around 850-900rwhp?<how's long range drivability?>

sorry just trying to figure out how many of kids aren't going to college :dontknow:

I'm over $30K on mine! And dont forget about the tranny too!!!

Depends on how far you want to take it, horsepower goals, how you will drive it/race it, etc. Minimum high teens properly done. If its a qc, will definitely need some money spent on the trans. I wouldn't think twice about a long trip with the serpentine setup, the cog setup (any cog setup) is more race based and maintenence. Probably 850ish whp capable with the serpentine drive, it's limited by pulley ratios vs belt slip, you can only do so much with an 8 rib belt, but we've proven low 800s isn't an issue.

I tink you will need the electric fan as well to make room for the procharger bracket

With the cog drive its needed for pulley/belt clearance, not necessary with the serpentine drive though.

Justin

do the t-56's need internal work as well to stouten up or just upgraded clutch?

Depends on how it's driven! Slicks and power shifting will definitely need upgrades. Cruising around and making pulls on 22s, you will likely never have problems.

I'm running the Paxton setup, Meth/ Water, 14lbs Boost, 880Hp at the Crank and No slippage on a Serpintine Belt Setup.

I'm just curious if it's possible to have a 800+ rwhp cruiser I can strip occasionally and

make long ass hauls in to southern car shows<6-8hr straight driving>. Suppose

1badtruck got stuck in traffic with a built motor and a blower, will the stock

cooling system be able to keep up? which is most reliable <roe,paxton,procharger,turbo>

Sorry for brain farts just want oem reliabilty :help:

what are you fig for drivetrain loss

For Drivetrain Loss last time we Dynoed she was putting Down Around 720-725 RWHP. Thought about putting a little spray on her, but i'm good for now. I'm figuring around a 20-22% loss. Thats the only thing I don't really like is that you loss so much thru the Auto Tranny.

When i did mine I did it all Forged the Engine, Built the Trans, had the Rearend Done, the only thing that I didn't do is the driveshaft.
I Figured if ya gonna do one you better do them all, cause something's gonna give somewhere.

I'm just curious if it's possible to have a 800+ rwhp cruiser I can strip occasionally and

cooling system be able to keep up? which is most reliable <roe,paxton,procharger,turbo>

I drove mine back from Panama City GTG two years ago and didn't have a problem at all. Probably 6 1/2 Hour run from there to Houma, La. Tell ya the truth I got Dan good gas mileage coming back.
So if your doing it to a everyday driver, I wouldn't be scared to.

Last edited:
The thing I notice with these trucks with big power is you can drive it light footed and you would never know that it's got big power until you drop your foot into it!! Then hold on! Lol

Properly done, any of them would be reliable.

I'm running the Paxton setup, Meth/ Water, 14lbs Boost, 880Hp at the Crank and No slippage on a Serpintine Belt Setup.

880 flywheel is about 700 wheel with the ~20% loss of a QC as you said, the Paxton is out of breath around the 700whp mark. Nothing wrong with that if thats what you want.

:adore::adore:As always I thank everybody for their time and opinions, Justin what's the reliability like on doms turbo I know it's a track truck but is it "street" mannered?

When it was still a street truck at near 1400whp, he picked it up from St. Louis and drove it home over 1000miles with no issues multiple times. If its done right its not an issue. Your biggest concern will be breaking the next weak link if you beat on it constantly, but drivability is not effected.

Justin

The Novi 2000 that comes in the paxton kit is good up to 1000HP if you can spin it fast enough. Just with our trucks there isn't a set up designed to spin it fast enough. I have the smallest pulley you can put on the charger and the biggest pulley on the crank that you can put.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back