SCT Question

not interested in that first one but the second one is nice...although i kinda wanna stay away from the 06's because the weight and the possibility of fucked up cam timing.

I have an 06 qc with three sct tunes. With the high tune in I cant break the tires loose with out mashing the brake pedal. From a dead stop if I mash the pedal the Nitto 420's grab the road like glue. Very rarely do I spin the tires. At the strip I spin them a little to get them hot then mash on it when the light turns green and I get no wheel spin. Of coarse I dont have a bunch of mods YET. haha. I just have exhaust, sct tuner, custom built ram air box, comp mid cam. TB is next then wires and coils. New custom built headers are on the way as well. then new exhaust all the way back.

I would take option C. And fix the tranny and prep it for private sale the best you can. Then you can kind of get yourself out of the hole. And deal with cash on your next truck.Way easier to deal with cash then trades. Plus Derrick Dodge knows your tranny is pooched so they have you over a barrel. Maybe even get a small loan for the tranny. My 2 cents is be patient it is still early in the summer lot's of time to prep/sell your truck and then find exactly what you want. Plus if you might buy an american truck in Canada ayways maybe check out some deals in the USA. There trucks are cheaper our excange rate is excellent right now. This is defintly a longer route yet but with some of the forum members help they might help you find something state side. There might even be a member thinking of selling there Red RC right now. I just bought a truck out of the US from a member and it is more work to get it up here but i got exactly what i wanted for a decent price too. Also i found a shipping company in Montana that ships for a good price.
Good Luck.

i can tell you 100% no one will buy my truck in a private sale. With a lean on it and because of my negitive equity or w/e its called, from my 370z...no one will buy it or take it over. So private sale is out. Getting the silver RC is out as well, the thing is completely stock and i want a few bolt ons on it because i cant get mine off the truck cuz it came with them. Plus im not a fan of silver/grey..lol.

So i went in and test drove it, holy shit!...Now i see why everyone says the 48RE sucks up so much power...i couldnt even go WOT in 1st or 2nd without breaking the tires loose. So we sat down and did the numbers....its going to cost me $44 bi-weekly more to change trucks. Also theres no cosmetic damage...my truck has a crack on the front bumper and 2 dents on the tail gate and fucked up wing from the previous owner.

WHY CANT I DO THAT!?!??!?!?! :sheep:

I would go after this one;

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SRT10

This one I checked out in March. It's mint and untouched;

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SRT10 Quadcab (505HP)

The 06 QC is nice and loaded right up!! Just needs:rock: some black headlights.

There was a nice 05 black QC with green ghost flames on it,a former member from the site here,it was lowered,lots of bolt ons and JMB NOS kit,it was on Whyte Ave at Prestige Auto about 105st roughly by the one Chev dealer.

The 06 QC is nice and loaded right up!! Just needs:rock: some black headlights.

There was a nice 05 black QC with green ghost flames on it,a former member from the site here,it was lowered,lots of bolt ons and JMB NOS kit,it was on Whyte Ave at Prestige Auto about 105st roughly by the one Chev dealer.

yea i looked at that one, dealership was saying it was making like 750rwhp on stock internals (with the 250 shot).......:confused:

yea i looked at that one, dealership was saying it was making like 750rwhp on stock internals (with the 250 shot).......:confused:

The dealers have no clue,they are just guessing! As far as I knew it wasnt used when he got rid of it,that truck is all over in the site here!,The price is right on it!!:rock: And its got just about every bolt on available,lowering kit and NOS kit all for free basically:rock:

Here is old link on it
http://vtcoa.com/forums/f14/fs-black-05-qc-mods-mods-mods-43646/

The 05 QC with the paxton would not start. It had a dead battery. They were claiming 650HP, with no dyno sheet. The chrome add-ons were, well, you would really have to like the look. Tires were bald. The silver 04 was nothing special, tires bald as well. I found an 06 RC at another dealer, it had 10k on it, gibson headers, side exhaust.

The side exhaust would have to go imo,I believe an SRT-10 should have two things untouched,the wing and duel tips out the back!! :)
They wouldnt boost the Paxton truck to get it runing???

The side exhaust would have to go imo,I believe an SRT-10 should have two things untouched,the wing and duel tips out the back!! :)
They wouldnt boost the Paxton truck to get it runing???

It was raining, so there was no point in driving it.

I know I have seen the 06 on this forum. It's a US truck. I can't seem to size the pics right. If someone want's to pm an email to me, I will send some photo's you can post.

The VIN is:3D3HA16H76G198333

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry it took so long to post up again. I spent about $2500 on swapping in a 6 speed into my QC and that was 99% used parts I found thru members on here, wrecking yards, and the rest were purchased thru Dodge.
I made NO adapter plate and right now I have 10K miles on the swap with great success! I drive my SRT10;)

wow, cheaper then i thought, thought u spent like $5000-7000.

Well im still exploring my options and im waiting to hear back from a dealership about a 09 WRX...i hate the thought of giving up my truck but with the gas prices going higher every day and i want to hit the road course (they wont allow the truck to run)...so i think its time for me to get a car. But if it doesnt go through then i guess ill just do a tranny swap.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back