Silver 04 being brought back to life

How could you forget about ekool

In respects to not giving Jeff more work, I'll answer your call soon enough Scott.

Tread lightly folks, I'm in a pretty sour mood

No worries Jeff. Like I said, I wasnt trying to start anything. I have no issues with any involved. Just want to see this forum back to what it use to be.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I don't think it can ever be what it was, but hey........you can always hope.

I been on a few forums and this is the best one. There is some very good info on this site and i appreciate everybodys tips and tricks. Lets just enjoy our trucks and have some fun:burnout:

I know what I'm about to write could make me more enemies than friends. Could someone please help this poor guy with his truck. Both of you obviously have the knowledge. The dick measuring and pissing and shitting on one another is private time stuff.

Oh by the way I bent a pushrod, valve and beat up a piston in my mustang. Valve float, I over reved not being used to the new set up. Shit happens, not indicative of a bad build. That engine dieseled like crazy after the impact. It trashed the intake valve so it would not seat. I am a newb to this particular set up, both of you are pro's. Your time is better spent helping some poor fucker, rather than beating on each other.
Thanks by the way both of you have answered all of my questions, no matter how stupid.

Peace, love and good running trucks.
J

THANK YOU!!! All I want is help figuring out what went wrong and it shouldn't matter who I go to whether it is Andy or Scott or Tony. Im out to make someone else look bad, I'm simply going over all possibilities to narrow it down and I appreciate any and all help I receive. I'll be water testing valves shortly and then hoping to find a spring compressor to pull them out and go over each one.

P.S. everyone stop fighting about old beef, the past is the past... talk shit somewhere else, help me here lol

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Poured water on the bottom off all the valves and blew in the ports with compressed air. Every valve was leaking. Pulled all of them out. Gonna get some CRC Engine Cleaner and work on cleaning all of the carbon build up, then get some grinding lube to grind the valves and reseat them and put it back together....after I make sure none are bent. Seals looked to be alright.

Second observation. Cylinder 7 had no compression when I tested it the other day. Last night when I finished up I sprayed each cylinder with oil before I covered them up. Just checked them before and the oil that was in #7 looks like it drained down. My guess is the rings took a shit....
Looks like I'll be pulling that piston soon.

We'll you said it drank oil from day one. Could be rings on that piston weren't staggered. The cylinder walls took a beating too :(
All pistons are oil crusted so I'd definitely have that head checked well.

I plan cleaning the carbon from everything thoroughly and grinding the valves and then test the seating. Hopefully no seats are screwed up or any valves bent. Seals all seemed to be good. My major concern right now are the scored sleeves and possible bad rings on #7.... I really don't want to pull this engine....

That engine was assembled with Forged parts. Did you over rev the engine?

Engine has to be pulled. You have a couple pistons that need removed. 0 compression is 0 compression no matter how ya look at it. The cylinder in question didn't even hold the coolant/oil mix after head removal. Oil was poured into cylinder and it too drained past the rings. Either not staggered not broken.

Update, it held oil in that cylinder last night, mustve soaked into cardboard that covered it the 1st time. Still not sure why it had no compression. The exhaust valve for 7 is pitted to hell. Gonna work on grinding them today or tomorrow.

And no the engine has never been over revved or bounced off of Rev limiter to the best of my knowledge. Truck never went passed 6k and if it did it was the slightest bit. Compression from the build read between 190-210 when I tested all 10 which is above stock. Not sure if that is affecting anything

I have an aluminum plate that you can mount on top of the cylinder deck and perform a leak down test without the heads. I used it to verify compression on my engine. You are welcome to borrow it if you need it.

I have an aluminum plate that you can mount on top of the cylinder deck and perform a leak down test without the heads. I used it to verify compression on my engine. You are welcome to borrow it if you need it.

That's very generous of you. I'd bet he'll jump on that right now. That's the kinda stuff this forum is made from!

Last edited:

That'd be awesome! Where are you located?

That's awesome! Let me know how much shipping is and I'll cover it to get it here. Also where did you have it made and can I get that information as well?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back