speed facts

Bone said:
F-15 Mach 2.2, 4th stage AB
B-1B Mach 1.4, Full Aug

I dated a girl in the Navy who's dad was a full bird that was a test pilot on the b-1b. Col. Bott. Hell of a Man!

135 In the QC............ran out of road.
145 In the SRT-8 but she's got 170 in her! That bitch is fast!

Last edited:
As everybody knows speedo's lie but 160 in the truck with 505fastest taking speedo pic's, 180+ on my Busa, 117 on gps with recall in my 21ft v-drive "that boat makes everything seem slow"

Sharpimage said:
135...... ya know after about 130 you get tunnel vision..:D:D and refering to a post made
a page back i think... how did you get caught doing 154? i would think the cop
would have no chance to catch up at that speed :dontknow: did he radio ahead?

Sharpi

Well my dumbass was speeding on I-564 going to Naval Station Norfolk. So I really didn't have nowhere to run beside the base or Hampton Blvd which has craters for pot holes..

If I would have been heading east instead I could have had a chance but it would have probably been short lived, there are alot cops in this area...I mean alot and not the many SRT-10s...

TheMoparConnection said:
well when the 101 is shut off and the chp is in front of us its not so curvy?:dontknow: ( anybody know what curvy means)..
this is a repost of a couple times. no pic of the 157 here, but it was a long this part of the 101

Hey robert Were you pacing a Maybach at 140Mph!!!

jrgnd said:
Well my dumbass was speeding on I-564 going to Naval Station Norfolk. So I really didn't have nowhere to run beside the base or Hampton Blvd which has craters for pot holes..

If I would have been heading east instead I could have had a chance but it would have probably been short lived, there are alot cops in this area...I mean alot and not the many SRT-10s...
That sucks but maybe next time you can fight the law & win / escape!

jrgnd said:

Dude I know that road well............that nuts!!! I thinking Flyinglow got popped their too!

As for me, 104 at the track............ya I know boring, but I dont care!!:p

patrick

TheMoparConnection said:
yeah that was a Maybach 57 and it took a lot to catch him.
Their heavier than our trucks. Like 6000 pounds with the same Mercedes motor

newmexicoviper said:
That sucks but maybe next time you can fight the law & win / escape!

Doing my darnest for there not to be a next time....:D

mauiSRT/10 said:
Dude I know that road well............that nuts!!! I thinking Flyinglow got popped their too!

As for me, 104 at the track............ya I know boring, but I dont care!!:p

patrick

That road compared to the rest of VA is nice and smooth....

You are a wise man...Keeping in the track...Plus at 150+ you would hydroplane yourself to Oahu...:D

Anyone been on Concorde? That's about the only thing that will come close to Bone's record.

-In the truck: 140+ (5th gear with PLENTY left to go).
Don't know the exact speed because I was kinda focused. :)

-Personal top speed: 190+ in a Lola F1 car.
If you ever want to know what it's like to be shot out of a cannon but aren't big on the whole circus thing, drive an F1 car.

2005 SRT10 QC 140
2006 C6 170
1998 T/A 155
Head down Skydive from 15,000' 200+

oldguy

157.909 at the Texas Mile, March 06, and I know I was nearer to 160 when the rod blew through the block on the next run! :D
I had only jetted up the nitrous 3 times by then.
Taylor

160 at least twice,in fifth still pulling,need more road without traffic!!!:)
150 with the cruise on,just to see if it worked(it did)!!:D
Previous dyno runs show the speedo is accurate,I need a to know where
or how to read 170 plus?:dontknow:
Sixth gear at redline(Hmmmm)???????????:rock: :rock: :rock:

I'm curious how drivers are hitting 160+mph when a professional NASCAR Truck Series driver couldn't do it.

I'm not saying Brendan is a wimp (by any stretch), but maybe he could have pushed a little harder with his right foot.

Also: Isn't there a computer shut-off in our trucks? Anyone reached it yet? :)

Kevan said:
I'm curious how drivers are hitting 160+mph when a professional NASCAR Truck Series driver couldn't do it.

I'm not saying Brendan is a wimp (by any stretch), but maybe he could have pushed a little harder with his right foot.

Also: Isn't there a computer shut-off in our trucks? Anyone reached it yet? :)

Nope, no computer shut off that I have ever heard about.

Silverback said:
Nope, no computer shut off that I have ever heard about.
Thanks, John.

Now I *KNOW* you're able to answer the other question. :D
I've got bananas......direct from Costa Rica.....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back