SRT 10 Values Drop

Gas in my area is actually about the same price as it was a year ago. The value actually went up through the winter and then dropped like a bomb. Mine was over 25k retail in January and now down to 20ish.

I just want to know how they determine the prices of a limited manufactured vehicle that sold for about 50k when new, 4 to 6 years later has lost more than 1/2 value....
also why are the QC's valued at the same book price range

VIPR PWR said:
I just want to know how they determine the prices of a limited manufactured vehicle that sold for about 50k when new, 4 to 6 years later has lost more than 1/2 value....
also why are the QC's valued at the same book price range

Good point...just can imagine that a bus has the same value as a stealth sexy and beautiful two seat racing machine. :D :p

Prof said:
Good point...just can imagine that a bus has the same value as a stealth sexy and beautiful two seat racing machine. :D :p
A 14 second one at that:p :D :elefant:

the worth of things are what people are willing to pay for something. KBB and nada don't factor in this into there calculations. Last year I asked the owner of a Superbird. He said when he bought it new the dealer couldn't get rid of it. He told me that the value dumped in the mid 70's but look at there prices now.

Last edited:
kennygene said:
Gas in my area is actually about the same price as it was a year ago. The value actually went up through the winter and then dropped like a bomb. Mine was over 25k retail in January and now down to 20ish.

Link to average gas prices over 2 yr period....prices around here followed close...I have kept a close watch over the last 2 yrs on my truck value and it follows gas prices (in reverse)...

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

The price of our trucks is like the Stock Market only they are tied to the price of gas..... Gas goes UP, Price goes Down.. Gas Down, Price Up... :)

Da1Chief said:
The price of our trucks is like the Stock Market only they are tied to the price of gas..... Gas goes UP, Price goes Down.. Gas Down, Price Up... :)

Dang...why didnt I think of that??....:dontknow: ................:aetsch: :D

VIPR PWR said:
Who makes those books and pricing:toilet: ---F them:aetsch: My book says priceless:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
You got that right, PRICELESS!!!:rock:

Vehicle values per this book or that book don't mean jack in my opinion. It's the wholesale auction prices that you should use as a low end indicator of current market price with retail being $1k+ more. The Manheim.com 'Internet MMR' is a very good source of wholesale pricing info.

Prof said:

That was harsh......27,770 for my bus... private party KBB.:D

Anyway, it's the aesthetics of the truck....there's really nothin out there I'd rather have for 50K or so, cept maybe a chally...but there's only one viper truck.....would I take 50K if offered??? Not sure.....would any of you???

Last edited:
rouch trade in: $19,800
and clean retail: $26,275

Wifey said:
Ouch, it says # 997 is worth $19,725 and only $14,950 for average trade in value:( :elefant:

All collectible/high end vehicles go through a decrease in value before increasing. Not sure when that point is, but it will happen. Unless you are looking to sell it soon, don't worry about it.

Same as property...the value issue only comes into play if you are selling.

The value of my truck is gauged by the positive comments I get from complete strangers.

Good morning Denise...is Jerry still awake or can we talk dirty?

My truck value had actually increased the first year I had it and done well until the last month when it went to shit. I know it will go back up eventually and I also know the cause of the sudden decline. It hit it's golden age this month!!!

The KBB on mine is $30,120 with out my mods. Now the Trade-in Value is $23,675. Big Differance

Last edited:
Screw KBB!!!!!!!!
That why you drive it,and not just let it sit in the garage looking pretty for your someone else years later to buy and enjoy.

My truck and motorcycles are my daily driver. I love to make the kids drool with I go to the lumber store to pick up supplies.

Ya it will be worth something to someone years down the road. (Maybe) If gas goes up to European prices and stays that way, I can surely bet you cars and trucks that get 15 miles per gallon will became something you see on the internet or see in books.

I can see in the future where the Government/State will try and pass a bill where you will pay higher tags prices or be taxed yearly on vechicles that don't get a certain MPG.

Last edited:
I have been looking for an extra low miles SRT-10 for sale, and I am not seeing the price drop like you see on KBB.

I have been looking for an extra low miles SRT-10 for the past months, and have not seen values drop at all.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back