Staggered 15" wide rear wheel/tire combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott, what about skinnies for the front? Need lighter fronts so I can try to lift the nose of this beast.

I knew you'd take my response as a personal attack and come up with some lame excuse as to why you didn't do your research outside of your state. They fail PA inspection, DOT approved or not.

The ONLY reason I posted that was to make our PA members aware that if they want to make this purchase they will need to retain their OEM wheels to pass inspection.

That's understandable bud and didn't think you were attacking me boss :burnout:

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott, what about skinnies for the front? Need lighter fronts so I can try to lift the nose of this beast.

Yessir in the works as well ;)
Hadn't weighed the difference in the fronts yet vs stock but they're significantly lighter and plan to make a skinnier front runner too boss :burnout:

I knew you'd take my response as a personal attack and come up with some lame excuse as to why you didn't do your research outside of your state. They fail PA inspection, DOT approved or not.

The ONLY reason I posted that was to make our PA members aware that if they want to make this purchase they will need to retain their OEM wheels to pass inspection.

I did a quick Google search and spacers (adapters) are illegal in some states, each member would have to do their homework to see if they comply.

We are all on the same side here Scott, this idea of yours is awesome, but I would be cautious as to the liability you expose yourself and your consumers to. If you promote these as a safe alternative, and God forbid, a wheel falls off and hurts or kills someone in a state where they are illegal then you know a blood sucking attorney will search for all parties involved..... which includes you. Would a disclaimer insulate you from this ??

My 22 years self employed .02

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a quick Google search and spacers (adapters) are illegal in some states, each member would have to do their homework to see if they comply.

We are all on the same side here Scott, this idea of yours is awesome, but I would be cautious as to the liability you expose yourself and your consumers to. If you promote these as a safe alternative, and God forbid, a wheel falls off and hurts or kills someone in a state where they are illegal then you know a blood sucking attorney will search for all parties involved..... which includes you. Would a disclaimer insulate you from this ??

My 22 years self employed .02

Yessir indeed a disclaimer should/will be instilled. I've been personally testing everything on my own truck as I do all of my products. I don't just throw a random part out to sell. I've hit every pothole from here to Tulsa Ok on 2 trips to and from. Gone to the lake roads, potholes and gravel. Hauled 130+ mph a few times. Launched on them many times and have been putting them through the ringer for sure. There is a distinct difference in spacers and adapters. Spacers use up space on the studs so that distance is subtracted from the amount the lug nuts can be threaded on. Can result in snapped studs obviously. Adapters use the entire stock stud as normal and have pressed in stock studs on adapter using entire stud for lugnuts.
Have not tried autocrossing but otherwise pretty much subjected them to everything. Once again, this isn't my first deKing with adapters and custom wheels. 4 cars over 15 years without an issue one.
That's why I finally decided to see what I could do for our beloved trucks as it's been asked for years for me to do so.
Thanks for the concern and questions guys.
Scott

Hmmmm so those are 20" rear wheels?

Any possibility of them being stock diameter 22"? Are tires like that even made for 22" wheels?

Looks good man.... like really damn good.

Hmmmm so those are 20" rear wheels?

Any possibility of them being stock diameter 22"? Are tires like that even made for 22" wheels?

Looks good man.... like really damn good.

Tire size in the 22" wheel are limited. There are a couple off options for wide tires in the 24" wheels.

Scott,

like the look of that combo but as mentioned before they will not work for us in Germany due to speed and load limitation.

Nevertheless, if the wheels are custom made, why do you need spacers/adapters at all ? They could be made with the right offset and no adapters would be needed.

Just sell them as "for offroad use only" or legal in X,Y,Z states and off the hook on product liability you are....

All the best for this awesome product

You would be the guy to talk to about wide 22s...LOL...I don't remember seeing you QC finished?? What ended up (going down) on that bad boi??

It is still around just doesn't get much attention anymore. Other repairs turned into big projects and have bumped finishing the QC for now. I had to go to 24" tires on it because there are no options for wide tires in 22".

Why do your front wheels look like they are tucked in so much? Are those 20" wheels too and less wide that factory ones?

Why do your front wheels look like they are tucked in so much? Are those 20" wheels too and less wide that factory ones?

They are 20" as I tried 22" up front and looked horrific.
They're an inch narrower, but can use an adapter to bring them out. Mine looks off also due to negative camber right now. ;)

When do you expect to release these for sale?
I know you may have said before, but I know how testing can change things.

They'd look good on my Long Horn

Any idea what a set of these is going to run? Also, is it possible to get the fronts 20x10?

Spacers for the front? Why spacers? Why not wider wheels?

Because ive found the 22x10" front to be too wide and the reason for a lot of the "bump steer" issues out there ;)
I can indeed widen the fronts as well but that will obviously add to the cost. I've had countless compliments on the setup and not one said anything about front wheels. Most though they were stock 22's up front. Lol
They just notice the rear meats lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back