Starting My Roe Install

I use Mobil 1 High Mileage 10-40. It's easy to get in the 5 qt jugs, and I have doubts about the lubricating protection of the 0-40w.

Last edited:
belgiumbarry said:
are we just to asume 0W40 is better oil the 15W40 ? for my knowledge it means in cold temperatures you have the same quality at 0 degrees as with the other at 15 degrees... as in higher temperatures of 40 degrees it should be the same..................:dontknow: :confused:

Hey belgiumbary,yes the 0 or 15 is basically the oil thickness basically and the 40 is the viscosity when it is hot! So when the 0W40 is cold it is thin as the 15W40 hot and when both hot they are very close to the same,I have ran heavy equipment for years and we ran Esso Extra 0W40 12 months of the year on over 120 pieces of equipment and in 4 1/2 years NOT one single bearing problem in the motors,ALL CATerpiller equipment,So if a bulldozer or hoe, etc can run 12+ hrs a day wide open,I am thinking that my truck will never run that hot consistantly ever,So what I am saying is I am a believer in the 0W40,And thats what the Viper motor recomends right from new??

Got everything done minus the water/meth,guages,and getting the catch can hooked up:rock: Oh Yea and I took it for a test ride:D Road was a little damp so:( NO TRACTION WHAT SO EVER:burnout: WHOOOP! WHOOOOOP! WHOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!! My first impression is that it runs smoother than it ever has going down the road.Not sure why:dontknow:
truck 011.jpg

truck 012.jpg

Last edited:
sleeper said:
Do have any pictures of the vec install?

Going to run it in the cab tonight;) I can get some pictures up afterward if that's what you want.
If anybody wants any pictures of a certain thing just let me know and I can snap some..

Last edited:
Good job Kyle, congrats on a successful install............update that sig now!!

I look forward to your impressions on the drivablility with the 4.88 gears in there.

patrick

Roe looks damn killer...Maybe one day if i get enough coin ROE will definetly be going in...Visually it looks BADASS...Congrats to you Kyle...:burnout:

04 SRT 10 said:
Roe looks damn killer...Maybe one day if i get enough coin ROE will definetly be going in...Visually it looks BADASS...Congrats to you Kyle...:burnout:

Thanks:rock: I'm not done yet;) I'll take several pictures when I am completly done and post them up:D

ViperTruck2933 said:
Lookin Good Mang.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I am trying to get a hold of Joe so I can come up on the 29th of this month:D He's kinda hard to get a hold of sometimes:( Hopefully you could come up I'd like to check out that viper:elefant:

Whooooop, Whooooop, sounds like Prof taught you how to speak supercharger.

Awesome job, one of these days.

kyle's srt10 said:
Going to run it in the cab tonight;) I can get some pictures up afterward if that's what you want.
If anybody wants any pictures of a certain thing just let me know and I can snap some..

Kyle...ground as close as you can to the VEC box, when locating it in the cab.

kyle's srt10 said:
I am trying to get a hold of Joe so I can come up on the 29th of this month:D He's kinda hard to get a hold of sometimes:( Hopefully you could come up I'd like to check out that viper:elefant:

I called him two weeks ago today and asked him to call me...he has not done so...getting pretty unhappy about my delay...its been two months since he scheduled me, but no luck...has anyone seen him or spoken to him in the last week or two? Is everything OK?

Prof said:
I called him two weeks ago today and asked him to call me...he has not done so...getting pretty unhappy about my delay...its been two months since he scheduled me, but no luck...has anyone seen him or spoken to him in the last week or two? Is everything OK?

I am going to try again here later and see if I have any luck getting with Joe:burnout: Roy I am going to put my vec box where you have yours in the cab:rock: Did you have to do alot of trimming to get it to fit flush in the front:dontknow: I am wanting to put it on the left side of that opening and it looks like I am going to have to do some trimming on the dash to get it to do so:( Of course you won't ever see it:D

i put everything in a big watertight box ( industrial electrical type ) which went in the spare batterie box... i already passed the car wash :D and NO problems... to change eventually cards it's only 4 big screws ... a matter of secondes.
I made myself solderd extension wires so the hole package ( boxes and cables ) as delivered by ROE is in the box :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

kyle's srt10 said:
I am going to try again here later and see if I have any luck getting with Joe:burnout: Roy I am going to put my vec box where you have yours in the cab:rock: Did you have to do alot of trimming to get it to fit flush in the front:dontknow: I am wanting to put it on the left side of that opening and it looks like I am going to have to do some trimming on the dash to get it to do so:( Of course you won't ever see it:D

If your locating it, in the pocket under the radio...all you will need is a hole (fair sized...maybe 1/2":dontknow: I never measured it:dontknow:) in the back to pass the vacuum line, and the plugs for the VEC...then pass them through. Regarding the mounting of the box...I would advise not screwing into the VEC box... IF you ARE screwing off to the VEC box be careful ... if any shaving's get in there it will cause you problems.
My VEC was screwed off to the top of the plastic pocket.

NBT said:
If your locating it, in the pocket under the radio...all you will need is a hole (fair sized...maybe 1/2":dontknow: I never measured it:dontknow:) in the back to pass the vacuum line, and the plugs for the VEC...then pass them through. Regarding the mounting of the box...I would advise not screwing into the VEC box... IF you ARE screwing off to the VEC box be careful ... if any shaving's get in there it will cause you problems.
My VEC was screwed off to the top of the plastic pocket.

Under the AC controls is where I am putting it;) I am not drilling any holes in the vec box. I am going to use the sticky stuff they send with it to hold it down. Where is yours mounted:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back