Still on original battery

Alberta-SRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the title states, I'm still running the original battery in my 04.:rock: Haven't had any issues with it but I'm thinking it might be time to swap it out. I do run a battery tender most of the time if I'm not driving it. But lately it is taking a long time for the tender to go into "Float" mode. It used to take only a couple hours if the truck had been sitting, or just a few minutes after a drive if I hooked it up right away. Now it takes about a day. This is my only indication that the battery might be getting weak, I have not had it load tested but plan to do so soon.

Is anyone else still using their original battery?

yeah still running original battery here also from 05 been figuring next summer i will change it when i get it out of storage after winter.

Just changed mine a month ago out my 06 with 30k miles was giving me issues so I just changed it, been good ever since

Just changed mine last month, truck built 9/8/04. Finally started getting weaker & weaker, figured better change before I stuck someplace w/jumper cables & nobody around...

optima wont work for my needs. from all my reading they dont do well for extended periods of sitting and with mine being parked 4-6 months for the winter it wouldnt hold up.

Mine was over 8 yrs old with 73k on it when it finally started to show signs of weakness. Never seen a battery charger in the time I have owned it. It's sittin on the shelf in my garage now with an Optima turnin her now.

So what's a good brand of battery, that sits around half the year and will work for more then 3 years. Just wondering cause I'm still on my original battery.

About six months ago my '05 original battery finally had it. Went to Sears and replaced it with their Diehard Gold series battery. Looked over their Platinum series but pushing $275 with tax was a little steep at the time. Have had Diehard's for years and never a problem.

i have been looking at Odyssey batteries very good batteries but still researching and on the expensive side.

was on the factory batt. till it just died on me one day.

no indication that it was goin down:mad:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back