Stomped Gas and QC fell on its face! Help Please!!!

Thanks for all the help guys.. I'm buttoning it up and taking it to dodge to let the "experts" tell me the story. Couldn't find the right cam sensor around me anywhere, ordered one and it was wrong so now to them!. But yes i agree I don't believe I've lost 10cyl at one time or even if I lost 2 or 3 it would run and move. Let you all know the verdict when they get to it.

Never went to go get a gauge but know I had nothing to do with 1 cyl being low or even a hole in the piston.. It doesn't make sense, it's a timing issue.. Valves opening wrong time allowing blow by.. Running like shit.. To rich.. It all goes together. How bout that part #

This where the hurting starts...... Hope ya got a money tree.... And are extremely patient......

So I called dodge.. They said they no longer make the part and are able to get the part. They gave me a #5245084, then a cross reference #SU3018 for autozone which isn't able to get it any longer either. Then I searched more and found another #5S1272 which isn't available any longer either. How are people fixing there shit?.. Does any one have a extra sensor by any chance?

So I called dodge.. They said they no longer make the part and are able to get the part. They gave me a #5245084, then a cross reference #SU3018 for autozone which isn't able to get it any longer either. Then I searched more and found another #5S1272 which isn't available any longer either. How are people fixing there shit?.. Does any one have a extra sensor by any chance?

They're a needle in a haystack right now bud. Let me see what I can do

Never went to go get a gauge but know I had nothing to do with 1 cyl being low or even a hole in the piston.. It doesn't make sense, it's a timing issue.. Valves opening wrong time allowing blow by.. Running like shit.. To rich.. It all goes together. How bout that part #

There is no sensor that is going to cause the valves to open at the wrong time. If you think this is what is happening it would be related to the timing chain skipping a tooth and a compression test would verify this because you would not build compression if the valves were "out of phase" with the crankshaft. Blowby is going to be caused by a mechanical issue not a sensor.

There is no sensor that is going to cause the valves to open at the wrong time. If you think this is what is happening it would be related to the timing chain skipping a tooth and a compression test would verify this because you would not build compression if the valves were "out of phase" with the crankshaft. Blowby is going to be caused by a mechanical issue not a sensor.

Unless it's the blowby sensor. I mean, faulty blow-by sensors could cause that, right? :D

Many knowledgeable people here have recommended that the OP do a compression test before going further. He seems determined not to do so. It's a free country (wish someone would remind local law enforcement and the IRS of that though), so the OP can pay the dealers price to look at his truck again.

Thank god at least one other person gets this.

Isn't this the same motor for the Viper? ?? Are all of those owners going to dump their cars when theirs goes out? ??

To answer this question

Yes

This is a current issue with all Gen I, Gen II and Gen III Vipers and Viper Trucks.

I haven't heard of anyone dumping there Vipers

To answer this question

Yes

This is a current issue with all Gen I, Gen II and Gen III Vipers and Viper Trucks.

I haven't heard of anyone dumping there Vipers

I imagine most of them don't have the mileage a lot of people put on their trk.

What I meant was, is there an aftermarket fix 4 this like when we started using crank triggers on big block mopars to get rid of the timing bouncing at high rpm?? With all the vehicles it covers I would think something would cover it

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back