Streetable Single Turbo Kits?

1qksrt said:
There's Moroso in West Palm!!!:D
Everyone come to Rockingham, NC. April 12th is "Mopar at the Rock". I know......that's the same weekend as the SE GTG.:mad:

You know 505, the only reason any of us hang around to listen to your response, is just to check out your sig....

G'nite fellas!

Whoa! Back to topic...... :)

My question seemed to be over looked. I don't want "1079rwhp" that's overkill in a big way for the street, what's the point? No traction, it's not all about hp but getting it to the ground a good driver with 650hp at the fly should be able to stomp a 1000hp+ car on the street.

I'm only after 650hp tops so 100-150hp at the fly over our 500hp stock output. Lots of posts about 990rwhp etc but that's more brag than good (until traction in these light arse rear ends are fixed).

Thanks,
Carl

Carlwalski said:

My question seemed to be over looked. I don't want "1079rwhp" that's overkill in a big way for the street, what's the point? No traction, it's not all about hp but getting it to the ground a good driver with 650hp at the fly should be able to stomp a 1000hp+ car on the street.

I'm only after 650hp tops so 100-150hp at the fly over our 500hp stock output. Lots of posts about 990rwhp etc but that's more brag than good (until traction in these light arse rear ends are fixed).

Thanks,
Carl
Exactly..its dangerous. Losing traction when you nail it around turns is no joke.

Carlwalski said:

Thanks,
Carl

If thats all you want just get the Roe unit . Its the simplest and probably least expensive and loads of fun and very reliable. I had it for a year now and I will be doing internals and boosting to 10 psi which should give in the low 700's. Thats fine for me.

No worries guys, I do it all the time (off topic).

IMO anything above 700hp at the fly for the street is borderline, I'd never go anything over 700hp. Not that I couldn't handle it, but a car can only do so much before it's unsafe. My 540ci Hemi is built (on purpose) to 660hp and 632/T at the fly wheel, 560 odd rwhp which in my opinion and other Hemi and hp freaks is a perfect amount for the street. Big guns that you can actually use.

I wanted a car (like this truck) that I can actually shift at WOT and still maintain a safe level of control. Try slamming a 900hp+ car/truck into 2nd @ WOT and you're asking for your own 2x2" space in the paper under "Memories". I want a truck I can use to it's 100% potential and not have to baby around because again, what the hell's the point of building it if you have to drive it at 50% half the time. 1000hp - 50% = 500hp? There or there abouts, build one you can drive.

I was just wanting a nice single turbo or supercharged system to bump things up to around 650hp (max) is all, nothing more, nothing less. Just has to be good quality and reliable.

Thanks,
Carl

nycstev said:
If thats all you want just get the Roe unit . Its the simplest and probably least expensive and loads of fun and very reliable. I had it for a year now and I will be doing internals and boosting to 10 psi which should give in the low 700's. Thats fine for me.

I'm looking at the Paxton. :) But was just wondering what else is out there.
Looks like, in short it's:

Roe Supercharger
Paxton Supercharger
STS (Single Turbo Systems)
JMB Twin Turbos

:burnout:

LOL! Thanks! That would explain why I've been unable to find squat while doing searches..... :laugh:

6jnu0bl.jpg

505'sFastestViper. said:
justin has not done a twin setup yet

My bad. :p That's kind of my topic though, does Justin offer smaller turbos?? Be good if he did, like, 3 different systems, street, street/strip and track. I like his work and the look of his set up but again, it's too much for a 100% street truck (in my opinion). I thought he may offer (or another vendor) a single turbo application that used a smaller turbo. :dontknow:

Carlwalski said:
My bad. :p That's kind of my topic though, does Justin offer smaller turbos?? Be good if he did, like, 3 different systems, street, street/strip and track. I like his work and the look of his set up but again, it's too much for a 100% street truck (in my opinion). I thought he may offer (or another vendor) a single turbo application that used a smaller turbo. :dontknow:
well i have 3 different flashes for my truck street strip and on the street 800hp is plenty that is the great thing about this setup just swipe a card and there is your street tune ..............fill it with race gas push a button on the ams 1000 to change the boost and swipe the card and bam full blown race setup.....this truck could be tuned to 650 very easily with minimal boost:D

With the turbo you can also run different boost in each gear.

ex...1st gear 5psi, 2nd gear 8 psi, 3rd gear 11 psi, 4th gear 3,495psi...depending on your engine build:D :D

I'm not sure I have any local shops that I could trust tuning a turbo kit, kind of sucks being overseas sometimes, especially for parts like this. Sounds good having different set ups. 650hp would be were I'd like to be on low boost. I just don't want to get to the stage of having to do the internal upgrade build (forged pistons etc).

BurntRubber said:
With the turbo you can also run different boost in each gear.

ex...1st gear 5psi, 2nd gear 8 psi, 3rd gear 11 psi, 4th gear 3,495psi...depending on your engine build:D :D

Really? That's awesome, kind of throws the "Traction" argument out the window. So, you could have no boost in first and have stock traction then let the turbo rip when you're in 2nd and/or 3rd. Very cool. ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back