Streetable Single Turbo Kits?

Carlwalski said:
Really? That's awesome, kind of throws the "Traction" argument out the window. So, you could have no boost in first and have stock traction then let the turbo rip when you're in 2nd and/or 3rd. Very cool. ;)
you have to have boost in first gear,......it can only go as low as your waste gate spring

505'sFastestViper. said:
http://www.ams1000.com/home/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.3
this is the boost controller that i run on my truck and in my drag bike..............it also has a static switch which slams another 6 pounds on the wastegate just in case its kind of close on the big end

who are you paying to give you all this info:D

Yep you need some boost in first, not sure if you can tune for it to come in later though, say closer to 4000 rpm

BurntRubber said:
who are you paying to give you all this info:D

Yep you need some boost in first, not sure if you can tune for it to come in later though, say closer to 4000 rpm
everyone is on the pay roll lol............you cant tune for when it comes on that is all in turbo selection:D

Very interesting. I'm just talking to Marty about what he can offer me with the new STS systems tuned by him (I'd fly him out). Not cheap but by the sounds of it, worth while. :) Good topic, keep the info coming if you have any, good for me and anyone else in future who maybe interested.......aka searching.

Carlwalski said:
Very interesting. I'm just talking to Marty about what he can offer me with the new STS systems tuned by him (I'd fly him out). Not cheap but by the sounds of it, worth while. :) Good topic, keep the info coming if you have any, good for me and anyone else in future who maybe interested.......aka searching.
for your app i am sure the sts kit will work just fine..........i am just young and have to have the most pwerful everything.........you are much wiser than me........but i do know alil about this and a lil about that:D

Yup, I'm only looking for 650hp at the fly wheel max. Around 530 to 550rwhp would be cool. Nice single turbo system fully safe and reliable would be awesome. Hopefully Marty can work his magic. Young? I'm only 25 myself lol. ;)

Carlwalski said:
Yup, I'm only looking for 650hp at the fly wheel max. Around 530 to 550rwhp would be cool. Nice single turbo system fully safe and reliable would be awesome. Hopefully Marty can work his magic. Young? I'm only 25 myself lol. ;)
OH HELL MY BAD I JUST ASSUMED I WAS WRONG AGAIN MY BAD!!:D youngster turn that thing uo to a 1000

Carlwalski said:
Do you honeslty think you are going to live with only 650hp. if thats all you really think you need then Roe would be a option. Like I said with the turbo you could have 600hp in first and second, 700 in third, 800 in fourth! that sounds more fun!

505'sFastestViper. said:
OH HELL MY BAD I JUST ASSUMED I WAS WRONG AGAIN MY BAD!!:D youngster turn that thing uo to a 1000

LOL All good mate. :p

BurntRubber - As I've said in numerous past posts, it's all good bragging about big hp/T numbers but in real world driving conditions especially with these truck's traction (see: lack of) it's no use on the street when all that equates to is a blooms of tire smoke. A well tuned and set up 650hp truck should in theory leave a 1000hp truck for dead on the street.

That, and I have a few other high powered street toys so big hp doesn't mean that much to me, just something over the stock 500hp would be nice, is all. ;) The engine in my 'Cuda is good for a safe 950hp+ in N/A form but I have it mild, won't take much to crank it up but again, it's overkill for the street. I like all my cars to have full potential on the black top. I know hp/T isn't a number you can say and achieve so if I do end up getting 700hp I won't "hate" it but my preference is to have a car I can enjoy driving.

Cheers,
Carl

with the variable boost each gear pulls as hard as the one before, so when you shift into 4th you don't get that leveling off feeling, you go right through that gear, I don't think you will spin 4th with 700-725 rwhp.

True, true, I know turbos are a different kettle of fish and I honestly don't know much about them (hence this thread). I am curious and you have raised some thoughts into my head so I definitely won't say it's out of the question. Traction is my aim, so if I could limit the 1st and 2nd gears hp/T amount then the rest isn't so much a worry. I will see what Marty can tell me. Thanks for the input. :)

msdnga said:
You have my vote for the STS Turbo kit, and I do work in New Zealand on occasion. Either way, forced induction is easy to tune.

1Badnightrunner-If your cousin is John Young, then that would explain why I got a call today for converting the truck over to an automatic. He has never run the truck and I am very sure he has traction issuewith his 6 speed! That truck has an easy 11 flat in it. Just gotta figure out how to drive it.[/QUOT
Ya my cousin is john young but i don't think the tranny switch is gonna help,
as bad as i hate to say it becouse i think these trucks (srt-10) are the coolest
thing since crushed ice, and tracktion just might be his problem but from the video I seen him run he ran 11.48 he came out pretty dam hard and hit every
gear perfect, maybe and I'm not downing another truck but he "MIGHT" have
Have a little pit of a problem with this lighting!

Here's a question, can superchargers ie: Roe and/or Paxtons set their limits for each gear like turbos can or? Could I buy a Paxton or Roe supercharger get 150hp from it (or there abouts) and set 1st gear @ 530hp, 2nd @ 580hp, 3rd @ 610hp 4th @ 620hp etc etc? Or is that a turbo thing only? I thought maybe boost is just boost. Superchargers and turbos are all new to me, good fun by the sounds of them.

Carlwalski said:
Here's a question, can superchargers ie: Roe and/or Paxtons set their limits for each gear like turbos can or? Could I buy a Paxton or Roe supercharger get 150hp from it (or there abouts) and set 1st gear @ 530hp, 2nd @ 580hp, 3rd @ 610hp 4th @ 620hp etc etc? Or is that a turbo thing only? I thought maybe boost is just boost. Superchargers and turbos are all new to me, good fun by the sounds of them.
You may be able to do that with the Paxton and a boost controler. But I do not know. The ROE on the other hand, does not have a place to put the waste gate and controller. The SC is right on top of the new intake manifold.

Superchargers are boosted by rpm and a pulley size. So they ramp up to a certain amount, it is hard to wastegate them.
Turbos on the otherhand, such as the STS or Justin's kit, are wastegate controlled either mechanically or electronically. We can program the truck to launch at 16psi then ramp up or down as needed, 1-2 16psi, 2-3rd 10 psi for example.
Turbosmart, Greddy all make nice boost controllers.

The thing is I want peace of mind knowing my stock engine can handle this upgrade. I'm sure the turbo systems (STS, Justin's) etc could easily hit high hp numbers but with stock internals your asking for trouble and that's not where I want to go, down that road. I would like something safe for the street on a stock engine. Nothing overly wild, just a nice turbo rush on tap hopefully around 650hp @ the fly tops. That is why I started this thread, lots of "brag" threads on big numbers but nothing for the 100% street driven drivers on here. Thanks for everyone's help. :)

msdnga said:
Superchargers are boosted by rpm and a pulley size. So they ramp up to a certain amount, it is hard to wastegate them.
Turbos on the otherhand, such as the STS or Justin's kit, are wastegate controlled either mechanically or electronically. We can program the truck to launch at 16psi then ramp up or down as needed, 1-2 16psi, 2-3rd 10 psi for example.
Turbosmart, Greddy all make nice boost controllers.

Can you tune with a VEC just like you can with the SCT?

The SCT gives me total access to your factory tables. Part throttle boost, WOT boost, shift tables, TCC lock up schedules, cold starts, idle, TQ Mgt, everything needed to make a perfect daily driver.

The STS turbo can be setup for a mild 5-6 psi all in by 2800 for incredible and safe Tq in regular driving. They have different wastegate springs included in their kits.
Back to the SCT tuner, cams, headers, big injectors, boost, nitrous, it is not limited to factory PCM tables. All of it is programmed through the factory OBD2 port.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back