Striker Cam

Big difference when it is done right, good job Ron.

Thanks for the kind words.

Burt's truck only has 20,000 kilometers on it. (I think).

His engine has never really been "broken in" yet. It has never seen much cylinder heat and it is never seen good cylinder pressure. Now it sees both.

On tear down, it had all the earmarks of a cold, low compression engine (which it was).

In another 10,000 miles or so when it is broken in, it should really go!

Ronnie

Last edited:
so, really , the only difference between Ronnie's truck and oldcolts is stryker heads that seems to add another 100 hp and 100 ft/lbs torque. That is amazing!!

so, really , the only difference between Ronnie's truck and oldcolts is stryker heads that seems to add another 100 hp and 100 ft/lbs torque. That is amazing!!

Well, yes that is about right.

Keep in mind Norbert, Burt's truck had cam issues prior to installing the new Striker cam and now it is on track to either stay as it is or continue with mods.

The lion's share of the 100 horsepower in the 600 horsepower Gen IV engines comes from the heads, so very similar gains will come from adding Strikers and a cam to a Gen III. You will gain more than 100, actually.

The only other major difference is the automatic in the Quad Cabs. The autos rob 30 horsepower right off the top. So it takes more effort to produce the same power numbers with a QC and a Reg Cab.

You aren't going to make 470+ in a QC with similar (and certainly not with fewer) mods to Burt's...

Ronnie

Last edited:
Well, yes that is about right.

Keep in mind Norbert, Burt's truck had cam issues prior to installing the new Striker cam and now it is on track to either stay as it is or continue with mods.

The lion's share of the 100 horsepower in the 600 horsepower Gen IV engines comes from the heads, so very similar gains will come from adding Strikers and a cam to a Gen III.

The only other major difference is the automatic in the Quad Cabs. The autos rob 30 horsepower right off the top. So it would be somewhat harder to produce the same power numbers with a QC and a Reg Cab.

You aren't going to make 470+ in a QC with similar mods to Burt's...

Ronnie

Exactly right, there is no Possable way that a QC and an RC will dyno out the same with similar mods and if you think its possible, I have an ocean view lot for sale in Phoenix (it's real nice) lol :)

congrats I wanna see what happens if we race about the same hp and tq, sorry I could not make it I had a crazy day had to be in Carstairs at 7:30 then to Okotoks to Elbow Park back to Okotoks and back to Elbow Park would have way rather watched a dyno :)

congrats I wanna see what happens if we race about the same hp and tq, sorry I could not make it I had a crazy day had to be in Carstairs at 7:30 then to Okotoks to Elbow Park back to Okotoks and back to Elbow Park would have way rather watched a dyno :)

No problem! We will be back to do a little fine tuning. :):)

It should be a great race now that Burt's truck actually PERFORMS like a Viper Truck !

Hey Ron, I got the throttle stop adjusted this afternoon. It was about an 8th of a turn, like we thought. I know why I threw that code on the way home. I wish I had a hoist! I need longer arms or smaller hands.:D:D

Hey Ron, I got the throttle stop adjusted this afternoon. It was about an 8th of a turn, like we thought. I know why I threw that code on the way home. I wish I had a hoist! I need longer arms or smaller hands.:D:D

O2 sensor cabling?

Last edited:
Yup. It's the driver's side that has given me grief since I put the headers on.

Well you know, if Dodge had made the cable about an inch longer, it would have helped. But that would have driven the $65,000 list price of the SRT-10 up to unreasonable levels...:D
When the weather breaks, we can fix that "permanent like"...

Yeah the ecu and the throttle-stop argue about who is right until the base adjustment is correct. Glad you got it.

Last edited:
The results are in.................................................................................

You were so close................................................................................

472/509, much better than 387/410.:marchmellow::marchmellow::marchmellow:

Very nice numbers, not to mention the badass sound, good to hear everything worked out!

With that much more power it must seem like a whole new truck! :rock:

Tony is sending me my Mopar long tubes and mids shortly, can't wait!

Very nice numbers, not to mention the badass sound, good to hear everything worked out!

With that much more power it must seem like a whole new truck! :rock:

Tony is sending me my Mopar long tubes and mids shortly, can't wait!

Thanks! The Borla has a different sound than the Maggie, as well as, the truck sounds different with the cam. It's hard to pick-up in that dyno bay, with all the other sounds in there.

Let me know if you need any advice with the header install. I had my fun last year!:):)

Well, I don't think that you can assembly them with an allen wrench, and that is about where my mechanical expertise ends. :D

I'm going to have one of the Dodge techs at the sister dealership for the company I work for install them for me. Thanks for the offer though!

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back