THE BATRAM

2.gif

Thought it was about time to slam some photos on and update a little. I've had my Retro Solutions HID headlights and foglights in for around 3 months now and LOVE them. They are both 6000K. If you are thinking about getting some, DO IT. The difference between these and the stockers is MASSIVE, blew me away, kind of sad I didn't do it sooner!!! This was the final exterior mod and one I did a lot of homework on.

I had Chad Brenneman from Unique Coatings make me some custom headlights, ALL BLACK satin housing, amber reflectors completely tinted and no halos (more to go wrong, don't like the look). Took around 3-4 months to get, delays, etc but combined with the new HIDs, it was WELLLLL worth the wait. The HID kit was plug and play, no bulb out dash light, no flickering, it's TRUELY plug and play, mounts easily and maintains highbeam. The 6000K is crystal white, no yellow at all and just a very subtle hint of a tad of blue, perfect.

Now, IF I remove the headlight covers it still maintains the complete black/stealth look, just not quite as black (obviously) as the headlight covers. The HIDs are that good, I leave the covers on but for early morning roadtrips etc when "image" isn't a concern, I remove them. Anyhow, some photos! The first pic is shit, sent from Chad himself lol, just added it so you get the idea of what they are like. Also added some other pics I took out and about.....

Cheers,
Carlwalski
THE BATRAM

HIDKit1.jpg

HIDKit3Foglights.jpg

HIDKit2Headlights.jpg

HIDKit4Harness1.jpg

HIDKit5Harness2.jpg

An older photo of the stock lights and housings.
Before.jpg

The new setup.........
BatramZ0.jpg

BatramZ2.jpg

BatramZ3.jpg

BatramZ4.jpg

BatramZ5.jpg

BatramZ6.jpg

BatramZ7.jpg

BatramZ8.jpg

Had my lights done at unique coatings too. Those guys do a great job at a very reasonable price. Looks awesome Carl!

Thats exactly what i want to do to mine.. or maybe get the 07's like john and do those..

Price?

Thanks guys! Forgot to say, these Retro Solution kits are their digital 55w setup. They have an 02-05 kit and an 06+ kit, both are around $180 for the headlights, the fog lights were $150, total all up was around $400. Well worth it. The custom headlight housings were $205. But I had to purchase headlights as well for him to customize ($200+). We started with Night Runner lights. Was easier to buy some headlights from the USA and ship them to Chad vs. pull mine out and send them from NZ to the USA (stuff that).

The dodge Ram kits are down the bottom of the page.
www.retrosolutionsllc.com/servlet/the-55W-DIGITAL-HID-kits/Categories

TheBatramC12.jpg

07 and 08 headlights will work to get rid of the amber strip on the bottom for the 06s. If you already have hids or dont want them and just want the color match, like carl said your looking at about 200ish for the paint plus the cost of shipping. Well worth it imo.

BATRAM, on of the Very Best. You will search long an hard and never find one like the BATRAM

Was gonna say it douple rocks, but in all actuality It Rocks Infinity!!!! :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:......................

Thanks lads! Been driving The Batram hard almost every day, loving it!! Still brings a MASSIVE smile to my face when I see it or start it up or drive it. How any vehicle should make you feel. That's what I aim for when building a "toy" for me. Every time I drive it, it feels like the first time driving it, such a buzz. :) Here's a few snaps from the drive today, been a while so why not!!

Cheers,
Carl

BatramRiver1.JPG

BatramRiver2.JPG

BatramRiver3.JPG

BatramRiver4.JPG

BatramRiver5.JPG

BatramRiver6.JPG

BatramRiver7.JPG

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!