This guy definitely loves to detail !

So today I found the headlight restorer I had and did those .. they were bad .. I didn’t take a before pic .. but they turned out JUST OK ! I’m not sure if another treatment will even fix them to new looking like the pics on the box shows hahaha !
And may end up replacing them with a aftermarket set with black to match the truck … I think @viperhauler has what I’m looking for on his old truck , in a pic in the media section ..
but here are the pics of the attempted restore of both headlights . A lot better than before ! Cheap ask plastic crap they use ..

IMG_0459.jpeg IMG_0458.jpeg

IMG_0460.jpeg

Yes the review will come .. looks like rain today though and still waiting for the delivery of the plastic stuff .. Lug nut won’t be here till the 3rd as of now ..
The lug nut didn’t break it rounded on the head being so damn tight it actually bent my 4 way lug wrench a little before I stopped .. I have found a possible tool that is for rounded off bolts … except they seem to be sold in a kit and I only need , (hopefully ) a 17mm . The kits around $20 and I’m a tight wade when it comes to buying things I only or hopefully use once !
Also this tool could possibly come in handy to remove the screwed up wing bolts .. just can’t find the size or even sure if the make that size ..
Oh ok - you'll noggerate something. Glad you stopped before you snapped it off!

So today I found the headlight restorer I had and did those .. they were bad .. I didn’t take a before pic .. but they turned out JUST OK ! I’m not sure if another treatment will even fix them to new looking like the pics on the box shows hahaha !
And may end up replacing them with a aftermarket set with black to match the truck … I think @viperhauler has what I’m looking for on his old truck , in a pic in the media section ..
but here are the pics of the attempted restore of both headlights . A lot better than before ! Cheap ask plastic crap they use ..

View attachment 65907 View attachment 65908

View attachment 65909
Looks good for now. I have my doubts that stuff works very long :(

my nephew restored my VW lights with some kit that he uses in his shop and it uses some polishing etc. Looked good for quite awhile but they do start digressing eventually. I'm told one thing that helps keep them good which I'm sure everyone knows is to always keep them protected with wax or other protectant that helps with UV protection. Tics me off we can't just have good ol Sylvania bulbs! Never had that problem then hahah

Last edited:

my nephew restored my VW lights with some kit that he uses in his shop and it uses some polishing etc. Looked good for quite awhile but they do start digressing eventually. I'm told one thing that helps keep them good which I'm sure everyone knows is to always keep them protected with wax or other protectant that helps with UV protection. Tics me off we can't just have good ol Sylvania bulbs! Never had that problem then hahah
Most likely won’t last long .. but for now I’ll just try and keep up with polishing them until I figure out about repainting the truck and most likely replace them with what I want . I have the Sylvania Silver star bulbs .. lasting for many many years that replaced my original factory bulbs .. I SURE AS HELL DIDNT PAY THEAT MUCH IN THE PICTURE !IMG_0461.jpeg

Got my plastic restorer delivery about an hour ago ! Freaking wall mart hahaha ! Sends me a gallon of home exterior Glidden house paint instead of 3 spray cans of the plastic restorer . I ended up driving to Walmart for an exchange or refund and got the exchange .. Unreal someone could fill my order properly with the differences between 3 spray cans or a 1 gallon can ! I told them I charge and delivery fee and want my tip for bringing them back to the store and wasting my time and gas .. to top it off the rain just came so it’s now on hold for the test .it has Aloe in it to moisturize and pamper my 10’s feet hahaha IMG_0809.jpeg

After researching the internet on headlight restoration this is a video I came across .. makes sense instead of using the restorer kits sold .it maybe something to try as the kits are a pain in the glute to use and don’t appear to last very long ..

Got my plastic restorer delivery about an hour ago ! Freaking wall mart hahaha ! Sends me a gallon of home exterior Glidden house paint instead of 3 spray cans of the plastic restorer . I ended up driving to Walmart for an exchange or refund and got the exchange .. Unreal someone could fill my order properly with the differences between 3 spray cans or a 1 gallon can ! I told them I charge and delivery fee and want my tip for bringing them back to the store and wasting my time and gas .. to top it off the rain just came so it’s now on hold for the test .it has Aloe in it to moisturize and pamper my 10’s feet hahaha View attachment 65912
Only at Walmart!! Hahahaha

They would probaby have refunded if and let you keep the paint!

Last edited:
Maybe they heard you were doing product reviews so they figured you could paint your house in your spare time! :p:p:D

After researching the internet on headlight restoration this is a video I came across .. makes sense instead of using the restorer kits sold .it maybe something to try as the kits are a pain in the glute to use and don’t appear to last very long ..
Should work! I'm sure my nephew used a polisher on the VW and it lasted a while

IMG_0811.jpeg IMG_0816.jpeg IMG_0817.jpeg Bored with the markets today , procrastinating doing taxes .. decided to test the plastic restorer on the Dakota mirror drivers side first then the 10 mirror and window trim and finally the engine compartment of the Dakota .. this stuff is simple and easy to use and then wipe down in case of sprayed on heavy areas or runs … no problem I can tell if it gets on the windows or the paint .. actually a quick wipe down on the windows and a little windex .. just rubbed what got on the paint … seemed to actually help shine the paint like waxing it hahaha ! Remember my truck needs painting and I have no idea if this stuff can damage paint or not .. No I didn’t read the directions , Heck what man does hahaha !

Dakota before and after pics .
10 mirror Rand driver trim , passenger trim not done comparison.
Dakota before and after engine treatment .
The stuff used .. only 4.98 per can on sale at Walmart…

I will be buying a few more cans … I used just about 1 can to do what’s in the pics . I have 2 left ..
so far so good IMO . Time will tell how long it lasts … but for now I like the stuff …. Can be used on more than just plastic , even tires . More coats more shine .. I preferred less shine new type look so apply and wipe it down . View attachment 65924 IMG_0812.jpeg IMG_0814.jpeg IMG_0813.jpeg IMG_0413.jpeg IMG_0815.jpeg IMG_0455.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 65933 View attachment 65931 View attachment 65932 Bored with the markets today , procrastinating doing taxes .. decided to test the plastic restorer on the Dakota mirror drivers side first then the 10 mirror and window trim and finally the engine compartment of the Dakota .. this stuff is simple and easy to use and then wipe down in case of sprayed on heavy areas or runs … no problem I can tell if it gets on the windows or the paint .. actually a quick wipe down on the windows and a little windex .. just rubbed what got on the paint … seemed to actually help shine the paint like waxing it hahaha ! Remember my truck needs painting and I have no idea if this stuff can damage paint or not .. No I didn’t read the directions , Heck what man does hahaha !

Dakota before and after pics .
10 mirror Rand driver trim , passenger trim not done comparison.
Dakota before and after engine treatment .
The stuff used .. only 4.98 per can on sale at Walmart…

I will be buying a few more cans … I used just about 1 can to do what’s in the pics . I have 2 left ..
so far so good IMO . Time will tell how long it lasts … but for now I like the stuff …. Can be used on more than just plastic , even tires . More coats more shine .. I preferred less shine new type look so apply and wipe it down . View attachment 65924 View attachment 65925 View attachment 65926 View attachment 65927 View attachment 65928 View attachment 65929 View attachment 65930
VERY NICE!!! If it doesn't attract dust i need some!!

I didn't get to look at the pics real good yesterday took another gander today - looks like it works very good! Made the plastics look new. I tried some product called back to black on my tucson (the exterior plastic trim) but it attracted dust like a magnet!! Same under the hood. I'm curious how this product does with dust, that is if you have any in FL LOL :D

This one I have and use as a protectant on my tucson it works good. I have the first product I bought a gallon a couple years ago.

I haven't tried any of the other stuff they offer, but the rubber protectant I'll try next

https://washwax.com/pages/all-products

VIPR PWR must have fallen into the engine bay :eek: or gave in to the overwhelming urge to do taxes!! Hahahaha

I restore headlights as a side gig. You have to sand them quite a bit and use a 2K clearcoat, they'll come out looking brand new and last years.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back