Time for a serious thread.

Funds sent via paypal. Roy, thanks for accepting the responsibility to assist Dale. Although I wish I could throw more than mere money at the situation, I'm afraid it's all I can do at this point to help. Get well Dale. We're all behind you buddy.

OK guys...lets have a great day on this project...going to another car show this morning...I hope to return at lunch to dozens of contributions!

Please help with this great cause that we all can appreciate...dig deep...I know that it hurts these days...but not anything near the discomfort that Dale is having (only 11 more doses to go Dale...hang in there friend).

Roy

Thanks Joe!

Hope to see you this summer...working hard on finding the right CTS-V...Christine is aboard.

Prof said:
Thanks Joe!

Hope to see you this summer...working hard on finding the right CTS-V...Christine is aboard.
There is a GM dealer less than a mile from my home. I bought 2 vehicles from them. They are a good group. They had one of these beasts in the showroom. I'll go back and check for you if you'd like. (I don't want to write any more, hoing the thread)

blackviper said:
Eric, will factory parts help? I have a bunch.

Most of the engine has been modified, but I'll post up requests if some of the accessories or odd parts have gone missing.

Thanks!

this is such a kool idea! wish i could help monetarily,but i don't know if i still have a job from week to week!:( and....we just took a pay-cut.:argh:

I will talk to my wife and see if we can swing a small contribution. 1 income and its not much of one

How does one respond to acts of selflessness? No words are sufficient. It is humbling to see the emotional outreach that has taken place on my behalf. I am beside myself at the actions people I barely knew have taken to help here locally with some of the simple needs that arise at a time like this. And now I am seeing an outreach from a community that I mostly know from just the internet. A part of me should not be surprised, as this group here has repeatedly banded together to help many since I joined. But a larger part of me is awed, embarrassed, scared, and feeling unworthy of such acts of kindness.

While I am the first to admit that my truck is not my first priority, I was still trying to get it on the road again. I started this with a borderline budget, and an understanding that I may not be able to do it. It seemed that I was on the cusp of making it work. But the old saying weather you miss by an inch or a mile, it is still a miss.

Then Eric basically begged me to take the project away from my local shop. I was reluctant, because I did not want to be a burden. In the end the local shop made it an easy decision. They gave me a estimate that was more than double what I had to work with. So I accepted Erics' offer to move my truck and parts to his place. In fact his son, helped he and I do that yesterday. The plan was to talk to Eric and Roys' builder. My hope was that I would get a miracle and we could get this done within my budget. But in the back of my mind I was grounded in the fact that I would still fall short. I had resigned myself that I was going to have to wait until next year.

So to everyone, I say THANK YOU. Thank You for the thoughts, the sentiments, the donations, and the help both physical and emotional. A single man living alone has a lot of idle time inside his thoughts. They have mostly been consumed with my fight, but there was a part that still fantasized about the joy driving my truck would bring. Thank you for all the help that make that thought more possible than it was just a day ago.

This place is filled with the best people on the net.

This place never ceases to amaze me! Greatest group of people most of whom I have yet to meet. Get well Dale!

A video of that beast smoking thoes big ass tires will be thanks enough:D

We're all pulling for you

LoveThisTruck said:
A video of that beast smoking thoes big ass tires will be thanks enough:D

We're all pulling for you

hellyeah....roll that thing out from a stop and mash it:burnout:

tinygiants said:
How does one respond to acts of selflessness? No words are sufficient. It is humbling to see the emotional outreach that has taken place on my behalf. I am beside myself at the actions people I barely knew have taken to help here locally with some of the simple needs that arise at a time like this. And now I am seeing an outreach from a community that I mostly know from just the internet. A part of me should not be surprised, as this group here has repeatedly banded together to help many since I joined. But a larger part of me is awed, embarrassed, scared, and feeling unworthy of such acts of kindness.

While I am the first to admit that my truck is not my first priority, I was still trying to get it on the road again. I started this with a borderline budget, and an understanding that I may not be able to do it. It seemed that I was on the cusp of making it work. But the old saying weather you miss by an inch or a mile, it is still a miss.

Then Eric basically begged me to take the project away from my local shop. I was reluctant, because I did not want to be a burden. In the end the local shop made it an easy decision. They gave me a estimate that was more than double what I had to work with. So I accepted Erics' offer to move my truck and parts to his place. In fact his son, helped he and I do that yesterday. The plan was to talk to Eric and Roys' builder. My hope was that I would get a miracle and we could get this done within my budget. But in the back of my mind I was grounded in the fact that I would still fall short. I had resigned myself that I was going to have to wait until next year.

So to everyone, I say THANK YOU. Thank You for the thoughts, the sentiments, the donations, and the help both physical and emotional. A single man living alone has a lot of idle time inside his thoughts. They have mostly been consumed with my fight, but there was a part that still fantasized about the joy driving my truck would bring. Thank you for all the help that make that thought more possible than it was just a day ago.

This place is filled with the best people on the net.

You are correct Dale, this site is filed with some of the best people on the net. We have a few assholes also, but they know who they are.;) :D

As others have stated, no thanks are necessary. I'm positive that when you are back on your feet, and the time comes when another member needs help, you will be one of the first to help out. That's what it's about.

And for those that have given some of us that no longer own trucks crap for being on the site. Guess what, you can kiss my furry ass. For the most part I don't see your names on this thread kicking in anything to help. Maybe this will give you an idea of what this site is about. It's not only trucks, it's family.

Take care Dale, and get better. Let Eric and the rest of us take care of the truck for you.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back