Time for a serious thread.

viperhauler said:
would it be inappropriate to ask how much has been "raised" for this cause?

I was wondering that too... and how long will you be accepting donations?

I hope it will continue till we can see and hear the video of this monster burning those tires, and Dale smiling and squealing like a schoolgirl...

FATJACK said:
I hope it will continue till we can see and hear the video of this monster burning those tires, and Dale smiling and squealing like a schoolgirl...
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Normally I am not a fan of "How much have we collected". Having been the "Collector" once, I know that it tends to cheapen it a bit (IMO).

However, I think in this case it might be cool to see a Goal, and current amount scale. Like the Thermometer type goal things you see all over the place. Might help give some incentive if we have a clear goal.

With that said, I also understand that engine builds, and the like, rarely have a clearly defined dollar amount attached. An estimate is just that, in these cases. So, this might be tough to nail down.

ntw0rk said:
Normally I am not a fan of "How much have we collected". Having been the "Collector" once, I know that it tends to cheapen it a bit (IMO).

However, I think in this case it might be cool to see a Goal, and current amount scale. Like the Thermometer type goal things you see all over the place. Might help give some incentive if we have a clear goal.

With that said, I also understand that engine builds, and the like, rarely have a clearly defined dollar amount attached. An estimate is just that, in these cases. So, this might be tough to nail down.
Nicley put Scott.:rock:

I am only the book keeper...John and Eric are the decision makers.

I will routinely report the collections to them they will have to decide about the process issues.

I'm not worrying about the amount right now...we do have a ways to go...please encourage other members to donate...

Prof said:
I am only the book keeper...John and Eric are the decision makers.

I will routinely report the collections to them they will have to decide about the process issues.

I'm not worrying about the amount right now...we do have a ways to go...please encourage other members to donate...

Actually, Eric is the brains, you are the accountant, and I'm the pitch man.:eek:

Eric, John, and Roy, I just bought a set of brand new lifetime oil cooler lines from the Stinkmeister, still in the original packaging. Mine are not leaking, and I can always buy a set at a later date. If you need them for the build, just post or PM an address and I will UPS them to you.:)

Time for a new avatar..Dales truck in support of well, Dale..lol..

just a reminder...no matter what is said here or there...

i asked dale if he minded if i "flew" one of his quotes on one of his earlier post in my sig...unbeknownst to me as of the few threads that have aspired since his first post on his health and truck....

i intend to keep it until we hear of a clean bill of health.....

we're with you, dale! :D

ntw0rk said:
I also understand that engine builds, and the like, rarely have a clearly defined dollar amount attached. An estimate is just that, in these cases. So, this might be tough to nail down.

Simply put, it's going to take thousands.

Whatever this community is willing to give is hugely appreciated, and none will be wasted.

Personally, I believe it's better left unsaid.

joemags54 said:
Eric, John, and Roy, I just bought a set of brand new lifetime oil cooler lines from the Stinkmeister, still in the original packaging. Mine are not leaking, and I can always buy a set at a later date. If you need them for the build, just post or PM an address and I will UPS them to you.:)

That would be very cool of you! We can certainly use them!:rock:

Thanks Robert! And thanks again Joe!

Last edited:
This whole thing is so very cool :rock: :rock: :rock: Thank you so much everyone for helping Dale, we know how undescribable the feeling is to be on the receiving end when this forum family comes together during ones time of need.

This place and all (well MOST all) of it's members are so unbelievably awesome it's beyond words :rock: :rock: :rock: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

And most of all, our prayers for you, Dale :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back