Tire time!!

I have the Nitto NT420s tires on my truck. Good tire tread design, good hook up and they are quiet. They are noticeably more twitchy on the highway though. They are H rated as stated above and you can DEFANITELY feel how they cannot handle well at highway speeds. I had some Goodyear Fortura's on my truck before the Nitto's and I thought the tires were damaged in some way because of how poorly the truck handled on the highway.

I'll never get them again. I want a firm feeling on the highway not sloppy steering response.

I went into the tire place here and said I want the cheapest tire you have in this size with this speed rating.

Not exactly something you want to say when selling a truck. I'm glad when I bought my truck with new tires the seller wasn't a cheap jew and put on some no name chinese tires. It's one of the few things you don't cheap out on, if any.

I have tried every tire tire at tire rack, bfg's win all day long, well worth the extra cash.

Not exactly something you want to say when selling a truck. I'm glad when I bought my truck with new tires the seller wasn't a cheap jew and put on some no name chinese tires. It's one of the few things you don't cheap out on, if any.

Who is selling my truck? Sure isnt me :dontknow: And I got the tires on SALE, they were originally a lot more. And you can look them up, they have all the same specs as the more expensive tires. Also, if the guy wasnt a "cheap Jew" as you call it, what country would he buy his tires from? I guess they make their tires using the rubber from the SUPER AWESOME rubber trees, and my tires were only made with the MEDIUM AWESOME rubber, hate when that happens. But please, feel free to pay for that brand name all you want.

Last edited:
Who is selling my truck? Sure isnt me :dontknow: And I got the tires on SALE, they were originally a lot more. And you can look them up, they have all the same specs as the more expensive tires. Also, if the guy wasnt a "cheap Jew" as you call it, what country would he buy his tires from? I guess they make their tires using the rubber from the SUPER AWESOME rubber trees, and my tires were only made with the MEDIUM AWESOME rubber, hate when that happens. But please, feel free to pay for that brand name all you want.

I cant say this for sure but wouldnt it make sense that the more expensive tire uses better rubber? Or maybe add different chemicals to the rubber to make it softer

Yea but hes still missing the point that I got a good set of tires they were just on sale. and if they are z rated tires they cant be that much different or there would be lawsuits everywhere, maybe they are some off brand tire, thats fine with me, Ive already put tons of miles on them with no problems, and I dont race or beat on my truck, or go 150 mph. I drive it like any other truck, usually around town at 40 mph with my family.

Last edited:
Like with motorcycles, that is your connection with the road. If your in a dangerous situation, you'd want the control you can get.

Michelin Pilot Power all the way for the riders on here.

Good to see everybody has an opinion on this issue. Not sayin my is choice is the best for everybody, just for me. I ride on BFG KDW & will continue to do so. Other brands may be better in one area or another, I just prefer BFG, to each his own..

I run the Nittos as well...

Just to add a little fire to the tire debate, most tire companies are owned by bigger companies and produced in the same factories.

In the size avail for out trucks there aren't too many differences between brands...unless your talking the few no name brands out there....I think in the end my choice will be the coopers or the bfg's because they are the only american tires for our trucks!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back