Tire time!!

mopar-or-no-car

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I'm down to 3 tire choices....200$cooper xenon lt-160$toyo proxies-and possibly the nexen rodian hps 140$ only because they were on it all ready and aren't too bad, but that's also the only tire I have had on my 10......what you guys think??

OK I'm down to 3 tire choices....200$cooper xenon lt-160$toyo proxies-and possibly the nexen rodian hps 140$ only because they were on it all ready and aren't too bad, but that's also the only tire I have had on my 10......what you guys think??
I would buy whatever was cheapest. My Falkens hook up well and they were not too expensive. Just make sure whatever you get has a speed rating that matches your speedometer.

I went into the tire place here and said I want the cheapest tire you have in this size with this speed rating. Why? Because Im just gonna burn through them anyway, and I couldnt care less about how cool my tire tread looks. I got some tires called Delinte on sale, all four installed and balanced for 550 bucks. Funny thing is, they have this awseome tribal design on the side and people keep asking where I got those cool tires lol, and they hook decent, I was just out playing in this rain and stomped it a few times. Got some spin, but I stayed straight as a arrow. Damn I talk too much when Im on coffee anyway people will swear by the expensive tires but unless you plan on doing circuit tracks just save your money and get a pair of slicks on the side :rock:

Anything on the General Grabber UHP's??

I would buy whatever was cheapest. My Falkens hook up well and they were not too expensive. Just make sure whatever you get has a speed rating that matches your speedometer.

I was kinda thinking that....especially since there are some Korean tires on it now and they seem to be pretty good( nexen rodian HP)

The Nittos are only "H" speed rated to 130mph, I believe our trucks and go quite a bit faster than that, be careful............ The OE Pirelli's are "W" to 168mph, big difference there and it will affect overall handling.

Why put the cheapest tire on a truck like this, when I was in the tire business and had customers come in with MB, Jaguar's, BMW and want the cheapest tire I had them go elsewhere. I'm not saying the OE is best but do not go cheap, the only thing between you and the pavement are your tires, don't be part of the pavement..........

The Nittos are only "H" speed rated to 130mph, I believe our trucks and go quite a bit faster than that, be careful............ The OE Pirelli's are "W" to 168mph, big difference there and it will affect overall handling.

Glad you said that bout the speed rating!!! I just figs that were v or highet

Yea they go faster but i dont cruise at 130 lol. i did do 140 once and it went real smooth nothing crazy but if u do cruise at higher speed then yea i wld go with a higher rating.

Why put the cheapest tire on a truck like this, when I was in the tire business and had customers come in with MB, Jaguar's, BMW and want the cheapest tire I had them go elsewhere. I'm not saying the OE is best but do not go cheap, the only thing between you and the pavement are your tires, don't be part of the pavement..........

I agree, but then again it all depends on how you drive too. I hardly ever ever speed or race or anything because 99 percent of the time my son is with me. So for me it would be stupid to get some ultra expensive tires that I will never really be able to enjoy at their full potential. I leave red lights fast, thats about it really.

Just my opinion, I understand. I've just seen the outcome and it's usually not too good, that one time you may need them could be worth the initial investment, ie. emergency situation, panic braking or avoiding/cornering something at higher speeds. Just putting it out there.......I had a car and went from Eagle CS-C'c to Eagle ST's and almost ended up against a concrete barrier, they were not there when I needed them, then went to Pirelli P-Zero's and never looked back........

That is true. Great now all I have to worry about is dying in horrific fiery car crash where I get turned into hamburger meat because my tires suck lol. Nah what you are saying is def true though, especially on these heavy ass trucks

Just my opinion, I understand. I've just seen the outcome and it's usually not too good, that one time you may need them could be worth the initial investment, ie. emergency situation, panic braking or avoiding/cornering something at higher speeds. Just putting it out there.......I had a car and went from Eagle CS-C'c to Eagle ST's and almost ended up against a concrete barrier, they were not there when I needed them, then went to Pirelli P-Zero's and never looked back........

Yea you are very right. And like you said its just all of our opinions on here. No one has to listen to us right lol.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back