Tire time!!

Mopar! Buddy! The bfg's are $210 shipped on tirerack.com. Have them mounted and balanced for $20 at any tire shop! I got them a week after the meet, the truck actually hooks in 1st!!!

Mopar! Buddy! The bfg's are $210 shipped on tirerack.com. Have them mounted and balanced for $20 at any tire shop! I got them a week after the meet, the truck actually hooks in 1st!!!

Nice....I've been leaning towards them , I've always had good luck with bfgs.....you get those headers yet?

On the tire debate, I can vouch for many sets of tire brands as I haven't bought the same set twice in 100,000 miles :)

Falken- decent tire, decent traction, terrible wear, noisy
BFG- Handle great, cost too much, noisy, look great
Pirelli-Great overall handling, traction, quiet tire. Cost too much
Cooper- POS! Belt separation and blowout with 2 tires!! Wear fast but cheap and quiet. Wouldn't recommend to anyone!
Winrun-Chinese tire, cheap, look decent, quiet, traction decent
Tracmax-Korean tire, cheap, POS! Out of round when new, replaced with others under warranty, out of round too :(
Only reason I tried them is the are super soft with great traction but can get over 65 mph without vibration. Wasn't a balancing issue :eek:
Nexen Roadian HP- just got them but so far a great tire for the price. Don't hook well but are a longer lasting tire.

Overall I think BFG takes the win for overall traction, handling, and wear.

CooperZeonXSTA-adj.jpg

Anyone running the coopers??

YES!:rock::burnout: Ive been running Coopers since 2006 and I have had zero issues with them! They last pretty good considering:burnout::drool: LOL and the traction is pretty good,I like them better the the Pirelli's I had on(mine were under 50% and didnt hook very well)
Im on my third set and no blow outs,no flats just wires showing when I was done!! LMAO!:burnout::rock::D

CooperTiresConsumer - Cooper Zeon XST-A<span class='trademark'>â„¢</span>

Last edited:
I just purchased general uhp and so far I like them.I think I paid $160 a piece at discount tire.had good reviews

Or install my traction system and QA1s and go to town on street tires :)
cut a 1.5 or 1.6 on a street tire then get back to me on that. I'm not talking about a drag radial either.

For a 22" tire, get something that last long and does good in the rain. Be safe and dont worry about a 60'. Leave that for some good rubber.

CooperZeonXSTA-adj.jpg

YES!:rock::burnout: Ive been running Coopers since 2006 and I have had zero issues with them! They last pretty good considering:burnout::drool: LOL and the traction is pretty good,I like them better the the Pirelli's I had on(mine were under 50% and didnt hook very well)
Im on my third set and no blow outs,no flats just wires showing when I was done!! LMAO!:burnout::rock::D

CooperTiresConsumer - Cooper Zeon XST-A<span class='trademark'>â„¢</span>

I also have these tires on mine and like them.

I have not had good luck with general/continental tires....not saying the uhts are bad but I would have a hard time spending my money with them based on prior experiences....

Anyone running the coopers??

Yes, I'm running Cooper Zeon's - not rated for for our truck's speed. Two things, they cured the rabbit hunting that the Pirelli's are famous for, but the mileage sucks.....they are soft .....about 26,000 and they are gone, and i don't burn em, well rarely. Just sayin. but they look kewl. Just my 2cents. I won't buy another set for the price.

I've got the Nexens on my 10. Came on the truck. They don't seem too noisy, and they are grippy enough for my overly-pussified driving style.

I may have put 300 miles on the 10 since I bought it, not including the drive home from N VA. Approx 1 mile of that was "goosing" the gas pedal. The other 299 were cruising and grinning.

Trussman can attest. I left the 10 home the other night when we went to the drag strip... :wuss:

-big

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back