Trainman's Ultimate NA Build

IMG_9126_zps7bzemkep.jpg

Great pictures brad.

And that's one hell of a job on that intake Jerry. Can't wait to see this thing in person someday.

So what's left?

Final tuning by Chris Jensen. I was at A&C on Tuesday and drove the truck over 125 miles (around town) breaking in the clutch to get ready for the dyno tuning. Chris was unable to get off work this Friday and the rains blocked the I5 and 58 freeways out of Bakersfield on Thursday night. Hopefully by next Friday we can get this tuned and I'll bring the truck home!

It is LOUD! But cruises real nice at 75 mph@ 1600 rpm quietly.

The pictures of the headers and exhaust are my old ones that I have for sale. I'll try to move those to the "For Sale" section. Well I copied the pictures to the for sale section but I don't know how to delete from this section, maybe Brad can do it.

Last edited:
Great pictures brad.

And that's one hell of a job on that intake Jerry. Can't wait to see this thing in person someday.
All of the credit should go to Todd, Erik and Erick's dad for the intake. They did the cad design and Todd arranged to have the intake made on a 3-D Printer.....pretty cool. What is not evident from the pictures in that inside the air box are TWO separate 80mm air tubes to feed each throttle body equally! The design is top notch and they were worried that the air just coming from the air box may not have been equal to the drivers side TB, thus the individual air tubes internally to feed each TB equally. That was the thinking and the theory behind the air box. Along with Plastic to keep the air temps down!.....and of course the Trainman's obsession with weight! The 3 matching lines on top of the air box will also be painted silver the match the Factory intake silver lines! Nice touch by A&C!!!!! I can't thank them enough, every part of this install has been tough and lots of custom fitment is involved! Fuel system, exhaust system, ARH header modification, catch can, overflow, and Intake system.....I'm tired just thinking about it. The truck is Explosively Scary! Instant throttle response, my 325 -40-22 rear tires have no chance at any RPM. The truck cruises at 1500-1800 around town in 4th and 5th gear at 40-45 mph, very streetable (save the 5 MPG) ....but I didn't build it for gas mileage....but I bet every non-SRT 10 owner I meet will ask about gas mileage.

The 3d printed intake is awesome, can't wait to see the final numbers. Get that panhard bar re done?

Hey Jerry, thanks for sharing the intake images with us. Man! That's a tight area and bend to make!! Is the cross section of the individual tubes round or oval at the 90* bend? Oval would have less turbulence making that tight turn. Also, are the individual tubes equal length? Did the guys "tune" the length by chance? The design makes the best use of the limited space for sure. :rock:

My last question is... how will you isolate the air filter from engine bay heat?

With CAD and 3D printer, they could incorporate something that would draw some positive pressure from the right front inner fender area. As it looks now, your under pure vacuum with two intake trumpets. Not that this engine really cares much ;)

Cheers!

Hey Jerry, thanks for sharing the intake images with us. Man! That's a tight area and bend to make!! Is the cross section of the individual tubes round or oval at the 90* bend? Oval would have less turbulence making that tight turn. Also, are the individual tubes equal length? Did the guys "tune" the length by chance? The design makes the best use of the limited space for sure. :rock:

My last question is... how will you isolate the air filter from engine bay heat?

With CAD and 3D printer, they could incorporate something that would draw some positive pressure from the right front inner fender area. As it looks now, your under pure vacuum with two intake trumpets. Not that this engine really cares much ;)

Cheers!
I can't answer your questions, as I haven't seen the CAD drawings or the exact details (oval or round) of the CAD, just what Erik told me over the phone. As I find out more detail I will fill everyone in. Filter gets straight cold air from the grill. Driving around town in 95 degree heat, stop and go, the temp never went above 175 and the engine oil temp gauge was never above 180. Truck idles at about 750-800 rpm.

Hey Jerry, what tires are you running on your beast?

Every street tire I have used was absolutely useless even with the stock engine....just like being in water for 1st and 2nd gear. But to answer your question. Last two sets are Khumo 305-40-22 fronts, 325-40-22 rears. rear size was discontinued however. For the strip I use an M&H cheater slick 30/14.0-16LT, 30" tall, on a 16" Bogart racing wheel.

Last edited:
Every street tire I have used was absolutely useless even with the stock engine....just like being in water for 1st and 2nd gear. But to answer your question. Last two sets are Khumo 305-40-22 fronts, 325-40-22 rears. rear size was discontinued however. For the strip I use an M&H cheater slick 30/14.0-16LT, 30" tall, on a 16" Bogart racing wheel.

Thanks for the info, boss.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back