Turbo's

sgt_bo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to get some information about Turbo's vs Supercharger

Which one would be good, I see some people have both in the signature blocks. Which would be best for the trucks as in producing the most power?

Thanks

The most power for what Bo?

Street use? Track? Street and Track? What is your end goal? From that we can help you develop a plan...

But you need to decide what your end game is. From there we will be able to really help you. You have already been with one of the best planners there is...Boomer...trust him. But he will ask the same questions as above first.

gonna tell ya straight out bro, you will end up close to the same power with a stock bottom end.

but the turbo is more tractable on the track

the sc'r is more fun

you can end up with more power with turbos and a forged bottom end.

I can get you a turbo system turnkey with complete built engine making easily over a thousand at the rear for around $35-40k

a SC'r will net you around 700:dontknow: for what around 10K:dontknow:

Throw in another 10-12 grand on either one for rearend/transmission/driveshaft upgrades.

Bo this could get very in depth, but I went with the turbos due to the fact that they will easily go over the thousand mark. plus be very streetable.

Blake has went to a huge extent to get their also with his SC'r

but honestly unless you want big numbers I would go with a SC'r, it will be cheaper , reliable, and forgivable.

I'll help ya anyway I can, just depends on how much dollar you want to spend:D

Thats right he is a QC isnt he

$6k tranny to start:D

but give us a "real" idea of what you actually want , what you really plan to do with the truck.

Like mine is driven ever so often, 3 years old with 9000 miles, I tinker more than drive:D

Ive had 2 turbo cars, a supercharged car (Procharger), and 4 N20'd vehicles (one turbo'd also). I would always chose the turbo over a supercharger, but superchargers are definitely proven to have great gains for the $$$. N20 is the best bang for the buck and will make huge torque, but its a consumable, and some people just dont like it for whatever reason. The only reason I would do turbo is more potential power (the stock bottem end will limit your "safe" power level) and I do all of my own fab work. My plan is to have a single 88 or 96MM turbo setup by the end of the year, but we'll see, you have to have time and money and im short on both LOL.
Justin

You can get into the 11's for about 20 grand. That is assuming you don't use nitrous. If your an automatic a tranny upgrade is a must.

I do have a QC and the $35-40K is more than I want to spend. I was hoping to get in a turbo for about $5-6K. I just want something that will spool up and give a challange and really look good on the truck, so when I pop it, everyone will go DAMN......

The truck is awesome, yeah you will lose some races no matter what you have in your truck because of the weight. QC vs a 2500lb 6 speed GTO is a good race, but a 1500 lb honda it will blow me away.

I want looks and something that will give it some more bite....

sgt_bo said:
I do have a QC and the $35-40K is more than I want to spend. I was hoping to get in a turbo for about $5-6K. I just want something that will spool up and give a challange and really look good on the truck, so when I pop it, everyone will go DAMN......

The truck is awesome, yeah you will lose some races no matter what you have in your truck because of the weight. QC vs a 2500lb 6 speed GTO is a good race, but a 1500 lb honda it will blow me away.

I want looks and something that will give it some more bite....

From the sounds of what you are looking to spend and what you want the Paxton should satisfy you. It has a nice Bling factor when you open the hood and will give you all the power you can handle with street tires.

Your gonna go way over 5-6k tho....You cannot do a Paxton and keep the stock tranny. Mine went in 3 days! Sure Scrambler made it a year and a few others 4-6 months but It will go FOR SURE!

Call up Suncoast for the trans...... get all the billet you can. I have their Top Of the Line Billet trans for my street diesel duallie and it is indeed the very best upgrade you could do, without the ability to transfer the power your engine makes to the ground, you will end up not seeing the true benifits of your future engine upgrades........Suncoast is IMHO the leader, they have an excellent customer service record with me and lots of others out there.....They stand behind their transmission products - trans first Sarge LOL

Last edited:
Here ya go Bo! This is a $5-6k job on a Roe Top Mount Twin Screw...

Install5.jpg
[/IMG]

for that you will get it about two thirds finished...

Then You can have 2 trucks running high 13's....BWaahahaaaaaaa! :D You know I love ya brohan! Im seriously Intrigued by a single 101mm turbo setup on a regular cab that I can pickup cheap! I like the Paxton Setup Vs. the Roe but thats just me.....they both have their advantages.

I know I know....Im either gonna buy a TT Viper (already built) or somebodys mistake on somethin else.....I want a one off radical supercar but I dont want to build it myself.

Blakewilder said:
I know I know....Im either gonna buy a TT Viper (already built) or somebodys mistake on somethin else.....I want a one off radical supercar but I dont want to build it myself.

:withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back