twin turbo costs?

Im in by TT build about 15k and I did all the labor / install / fab...

It all adds up, Turbos, Pipes, Coating, Wrap, Wastegates, Clamps, Hoses, Fitting, Pumps, list goes on and on..Its the nickle and dime things that kill you.

FerrariTruck said:
fkn scoobert:D :D :D you ought get a chevy if you wanna be that fast. Summitracing will be your best friend

screw that, didnt scoobert already have a honda? turbo kits on ebay are cheap for hondas.

Injectors, dual fuel pumps, bigger plumbing,fuel rails it just adds up. For over 700 rwhp the snake gets thristy

FerrariTruck said:
fkn scoobert:D :D :D you ought get a chevy if you wanna be that fast. Summitracing will be your best friend

i have wanted a dodge from the time i was 12. was going to do a cummins build and changed my mind when i saw how rare these trucks were.

Tooloe said:
i'm trying to put together a Big Single kit for my truck.. just doing it slowly and trying to beat the odds i guess you can say i can fab anyting and weld tig or mig just need the money for the major parts and a week or 2 to fab it up.... best of luck with your turbo search.. i know it can be done for less that 10 grand done correctly and done by someone who knows their truck best.... You..and me in my case

your efing crazy if you really think it'll only take a week or to to fab up:marchmellow:

scooby, i'd say your best bet is to just leave your truck alone, if you try to cheap out on anything then your gonna end up with a hell of a costly paper weight, and it seems like you don't want to spend the money to do it right.

HV SRT said:
Injectors, dual fuel pumps, bigger plumbing,fuel rails it just adds up. For over 700 rwhp the snake gets thristy

yeah was reading the post... can i throw a carb on it and call it a day? :marchmellow:
i think you could do without the bigger rails ECT, i think thats mostly bling....

HV SRT said:
Ha Ha. Anybody here only spent $3k in parts? I've spent over $42k in parts and machine shop bills and counting. I have a employee (my fleet macanic ) do all the labor. More than one has spent over a $100k. I love my truck and am not done pissing away money on it but Viper motors are not cheap to play with.
I could sit here scoob and answer q's all night long, but even the guys with paxtons and roes have over 10k in just there builds.

it cannot be done cheap, its not a chevy by no means, and I would not suggest you do the build yourself, there are small minute details that have to be paid close attention to.

but the pistons , ring lands are very weak, dont hold up well
rods are powder pressed, another weak link
the mains are very small and ten to walk under boost
your gonna need a good cam
the heads should be redone
so your looking at valves
springs are under par
pushrods have to be changed
thats just a start

dual disc clutch is the best deal, I jsut talked with spec today on there dual disc for a customer here local, 1599 for a dual disc rebuildable for about $400 never have to buy another clutch

but then you got to figure in a tuner, guages, controller, fuel rails, fuel pump, lines.

there is jsut a ton of stuff to do that most jsut dont think aobut until you are so deep into it that you dont have a choice, what HVT has in his is about the norm for most if they add everything up that they have done.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
your efing crazy if you really think it'll only take a week or to to fab up:marchmellow:

scooby, i'd say your best bet is to just leave your truck alone, if you try to cheap out on anything then your gonna end up with a hell of a costly paper weight, and it seems like you don't want to spend the money to do it right.

i am just cheap, not half assed. plus when something is done cheeply it gives me a bigger bragging point. hell i TT'ed my 300ZX for $500.

scoobert said:
i am just cheap, not half assed. plus when something is done cheeply it gives me a bigger bragging point. hell i TT'ed my 300ZX for $500.
Pics. please.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
I could sit here scoob and answer q's all night long, but even the guys with paxtons and roes have over 10k in just there builds.

it cannot be done cheap, its not a chevy by no means, and I would not suggest you do the build yourself, there are small minute details that have to be paid close attention to.

but the pistons , ring lands are very weak, dont hold up well
rods are powder pressed, another weak link
the mains are very small and ten to walk under boost
your gonna need a good cam
the heads should be redone
so your looking at valves
springs are under par
pushrods have to be changed
thats just a start

dual disc clutch is the best deal, I jsut talked with spec today on there dual disc for a customer here local, 1599 for a dual disc rebuildable for about $400 never have to buy another clutch

but then you got to figure in a tuner, guages, controller, fuel rails, fuel pump, lines.

there is jsut a ton of stuff to do that most jsut dont think aobut until you are so deep into it that you dont have a choice, what HVT has in his is about the norm for most if they add everything up that they have done.

very good post, and i am getting the gist. perhaps a SC kit from a poor shmoe, and a bit of internal tweeks from me will have me dropping 12's for under 6k, with 600ish hp. i will save the big bucks for my sports car in 2011-2012. hope when i am done i can tow a lotus and gear to the track still.

JRSVIPR said:
Pics. please.

sorry had only a camera phone back then.....

myZ2.jpg

myZ3.jpg

Picture206.jpg

scoobert said:
very good post, and i am getting the gist. perhaps a SC kit from a poor shmoe, and a bit of internal tweeks from me will have me dropping 12's for under 6k, with 600ish hp. i will save the big bucks for my sports car in 2011-2012. hope when i am done i can tow a lotus and gear to the track still.
ha ha ha, 12's for 6K....you can run 12's for less that 1k...well if you really knew what you were doing anyway

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back