UPDATE ON FACTORY U-CONNECT INSTALL

TheMoparConnection

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK Guys!!! Quite a few of you were interested in my progress of the factory U-connect install. I am proud to say I have finally received all of the parts needed to do the install. I was being cheap and waiting patiently to get most of my parts for free, thats why this mod has been taking so long.
Here's what you'll need:
1. Instrument Panel Wiring Harness p/n 5029763AC-- $434.00
2. U-Connect Mirror p/n 5064017AD-- $255.00
3. U-Connect Factory Module p/n 56043255AI--$645.00
4. Headliner Wiring p/n 56051317AC--$41.00
5. (maybe U-connect Jumper Harness) p/n 56043298AC (will know after I remove dash if this is needed)-- $30.00
6. $$$$ and about 4 hours of your time.

Will be starting the install this evening. Will remove Dash tonight and start to replace dash harness. Will finish Thursday or Friday evening, Saturday the latest. i only have about 2 hours each night to work on and Wed night I have other plans. Will update as I progress...

Robert

Kevan said:
Robert- Let me know if you figure out the "1-2 second delay" issue.
what 1-2 second delay issue? I have U-connect in the 300 and have no issues and I also have many customers that have never mentioned anything to me. there was an updated module for the early 05's, there were some issues.

TheMoparConnection said:
OK Guys!!! Quite a few of you were interested in my progress of the factory U-connect install. I am proud to say I have finally received all of the parts needed to do the install. I was being cheap and waiting patiently to get most of my parts for free, thats why this mod has been taking so long.
Here's what you'll need:
1. Instrument Panel Wiring Harness p/n 5029763AC-- $434.00
2. U-Connect Mirror p/n 5064017AD-- $255.00
3. U-Connect Factory Module p/n 56043255AI--$645.00
4. Headliner Wiring p/n 56051317AC--$41.00
5. (maybe U-connect Jumper Harness) p/n 56043298AC (will know after I remove dash if this is needed)-- $30.00
6. $$$$ and about 4 hours of your time.

Will be starting the install this evening. Will remove Dash tonight and start to replace dash harness. Will finish Thursday or Friday evening, Saturday the latest. i only have about 2 hours each night to work on and Wed night I have other plans. Will update as I progress...

Robert

One Question, do you have Sat radio? If so, you'll need two more parts, another wire harness and a modulator.

ccfeyh said:
One Question, do you have Sat radio? If so, you'll need two more parts, another wire harness and a modulator.
NO satellite! thanks for the input

TheMoparConnection said:
what 1-2 second delay issue? I have U-connect in the 300 and have no issues and I also have many customers that have never mentioned anything to me. there was an updated module for the early 05's, there were some issues.
Scenario:
- Kev's in the truck.
- Driving (the speed limit...heh heh)
- Kev dial's his cell phone.
(there is no 'ringing' as with a non-UConnect call)
- When the other party picks up, there's a 1-2 second delay before I hear them through U-Connect.

- The same thing happens when I receive calls. I have to say "hello" about 3 times before the other party hears me.

Is this corrected with the update you spoke of?

Kevan said:
Scenario:
- Kev's in the truck.
- When the other party picks up, there's a 1-2 second delay before I hear them through U-Connect.

- The same thing happens when I receive calls. I have to say "hello" about 3 times before the other party hears me.

I think it's the way your phone syncs with the UC. . . My first phone (newer - Samsung) worked great with UC. This one (older - Motorola) works great too, but it takes a second or two to connect whenever I receive/answer a call. I haven't noticed any delay when I make a call . . . Whomever I call never answers on the first ring so it's had time for get it's bearing straight I guess. . . ?

I've noticed that I have to "wait" for the display on the radio to say "phone active" (or whatever the f**k it says to signify that conversing has commenced) before I speak when answering a call. I usually push the button on the mirror, and wait 2 seconds before saying "hello". :D

Kevan said:
Scenario:
- Kev's in the truck.

yes and no. usually the update correct dropped calls or no answer calls. either way if you truck is under warranty take it in and complain of dropped calls. i have seen the delay youre talking about with out-dated phones and certain phone models. what phone do you have?

EDIT::: just read Roz's post... sounds like what I've seen in the past

Sony/Ericsson T-610.
Bluetooth 2.0

It has no problems sync'ing up with the Mac or any other Bluetooth devices (like my headset).
The only issue is with UConnect.

I'll check with the dealership this week.
Did they come out with a fix for the clock yet? :D

UPDATE: Dash is out of truck. took about 45 minutes to get out, taking a break and then going to start replacing the wiring harness... everything looks like this will be plug and play.:D :rock:

i left the camera at the house, will bring it in the morning and take pics of what I've done so far.

Kevan said:
Scenario:
- Kev's in the truck.

mine does the same thing

Kevan said:
Milkman & Wes-
Do you guys have a clock on your RB4?
:D :D :D

rb4? You mean the radio headunit? Yes, there's a clock in the lower right hand corner.

--wes

wesman said:
rb4? You mean the radio headunit? Yes, there's a clock in the lower right hand corner.

--wes
Sorry Wes.
The clock thing is kind of a running joke with me.
I've been very outspoken about how disappointed I am to own a $50,000 truck with a clock that has smaller digits than those on my watch. People thought I was kidding until I posted a comparison pic. It was sad....but true.

Awesome head unit. Crappy clock.

Kevan said:
Sorry Wes.
The clock thing is kind of a running joke with me.
I've been very outspoken about how disappointed I am to own a $50,000 truck with a clock that has smaller digits than those on my watch. People thought I was kidding until I posted a comparison pic. It was sad....but true.

Awesome head unit. Crappy clock.

Ahh...haha, yeah pretty crappy clock.

There are lots of things they cheaped on these trucks....I know I'd like to have had some decent floor mats.

Anyone make nice aftermarket mats for the QC?

--wes

got the dash back in. just have the steering column and all the other little BS parts. should have it powered up this evening... hope it works. pics to come

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back