Weight Reduction- weights of parts- ACCURATE!

TTT!!! How is the diet going? How much is the hitch and have you removed it yet?
There is alot of heavy parts on these trucks! Don't realize how much until I put in stinker's bushings! The calipers are heavy the rotors are heavy the lower control arms are heavy! These trucks could be lightened up quite a bit !

Last edited:
I think the factory hitch weighs 57 lbs.
Wheel and tire combo 81 lbs.
Tailgate around 60 lbs.
Factory tonneau and spoiler about 110 lbs.
These should be close, I am sure someone will help with the actual weights.

well boys i got the ultimate weight loose. Put your engine in a normal ram 1500 frame lol. Over 800 pds forsure. My quad cab with a srt10 engine auto trans that only has cats removed, intake, exhaust and a b&m flash chirps the hell outta the tires when it shifts into 3rd on 305/40/22 tires. itll spin uncontrolably if you floor it in 2nd also

Damn I wish you had put that combo in a r/c!!!!

Dont worry my friend. It could happen still. I have every single piece of wiring for a RC and i also have a driveshaft already for a RC also. Im gonna have some fun with the quad cab for a bit but ive been keepin an eye out for a clean RC. This project started off as kinda a last minute thing since we had the engine, but now that im balls deep im having lots of fun. Gotta work some kinks out of this project first though and get it to the track.

Jack! I noticed you are moving down the "fastest 60' time" to third place WThell !!! Giddy up man ! You gots some racin' ta do!!!!

Jack! I noticed you are moving down the "fastest 60' time" to third place WThell !!! Giddy up man ! You gots some racin' ta do!!!!

When I use the slicks to get those great 60' times it starts shelling rear ends like crazy. BUT I have not given up, I still want my 11.25 1/4 mile.:rock::rock:

Hell i just want to be in the 11s. Gotta break the 12s first though lol ha ha

As brought up before...
The timeslip section right now is open to anyone who registers on the forum. ANYONE can enter the info.
We have discussed reworking it, but until that is done there is nothing we can do about it, if anything at all.
Most of you guys have brought it upon yourselves with post after post of complaining about the Ford guys posting. Of course they are going to then post there times up because they know it bothers you.

Personally, at this point I would say delete the timeslip section. Others feel differently so it has stayed.

As brought up before...
The timeslip section right now is open to anyone who registers on the forum. ANYONE can enter the info.

Weight Reduction: 'Glass Fenders, Carbon Fiber Hood, gutted front and rear bumpers: -120 lbs.

Timeslip Section: This is an SRT-10 Forum.

Yeah i agree too with sending a scan copy to a mod to add the time for the individual. That way it will stay some what clean.

I think at least some of the SRT-10 owners on this Forum are interested in the performance of their 500+ h.p. Viper-engined' vehicles, and what they can do at the track. So for the most part, the Timeslip Section is a good place to go and look around.

I also own a Ford but tend to look on Ford Forums for information and track results.
But maybe that's just me... ;)

Last edited:
Back on topic please.
The timeslip thing has been brought up many times before. Shaggy knows what everyone wants. It is up to him to decide to do it or not.

Last edited:
tire stem caps: 1.24 grams

Night Runner decal and badges: 3.25 ounces

A/C knobs, A/C vents, cup holder covers,and all 6 CD's in radio: almost 1 lbs.

:p:p:p:p:D

Passenger seat- 31lbs

I have an 04 RC and I weighed my passenger seat at 47 lbs. It is not powered. I have a cloth seat from an 03 Ram 1500 that I use on the drivers side when I race and it weighs 43 lbs. No center arm rest.

I have an 04 RC and I weighed my passenger seat at 47 lbs. It is not powered. I have a cloth seat from an 03 Ram 1500 that I use on the drivers side when I race and it weighs 43 lbs. No center arm rest.

Did you remove the bracket with the seat? I got 31 just from the seat. I left the bracket in to take measurements for an aftermarket seat.

Did you remove the bracket with the seat? I got 31 just from the seat. I left the bracket in to take measurements for an aftermarket seat.

Yes, I had my bodyman cut the bracket next to the passenger seat and the center arm rest. Then its just 4 bolts and the seat is out...Voila minus 47 lbs. including 4 bolts.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back