What are the typical baseline QC numbers?

You did not do this???! Right?

I was curious to know if it would be worse than a regular toothache.
I'd say, the same.
After they wrap the nerve up with the little swizzle stick and pull it out, it's fine.
On the upside, you don't have to wait for freezing to come out!

Last edited:
After 15 years the Statute of Ho'ing is no longer valid.
Feel free to Ho Up sites that are 15 years old or more without any repercussions!

Last edited:

Too bad the 340 wasn't available in that orange 71 Valiant. He could have had fun with that Peterbuilt but the movie would have been less exciting and I'm sure Mr. Spielberg was well aware of that.
The 4-door saw some off-roading though, before it met its' match with gravity.
So, it died a "Valiant" death.
Corny, I know, but it's a limited audience.

Last edited:
Too bad the 340 wasn't available in that orange 71 Valiant. He could have had fun with that Peterbuilt but the movie would have been less exciting and I'm sure Mr. Spielberg was well aware of that.
The 4-door saw some off-roading though, before it met its' match with gravity.
So, it died a "Valiant" death.
Corny, I know, but it's a limited audience.
Nice review!

I also tried tunes from Marty at one point.
A successful tune for a QC makes a BIG difference in performance.
An additional 80 ft. lbs. (and not lbs. ft. because I'm old) of torque, is something that's hard to ignore!

As for using a good convertor, it made my QC feel a thousand pounds lighter. I would say it's because of the flexibility of it being looser than the O.E.M. convertor, which was really for the diesels.
It makes that maximum 32 m.p.h. kickdown cruising speed into first gear far less important when you "have to" get on the throttle!
When a 26-2800 convertor flashes and torque multiplication occurs and first gear engages at W.O.T., the mixed result is, well, it's hard not to smile!
Thanks for more knowledge to add to my brain collection .. are these factory or the after market converters the lock up types ?

It's part of being alive.

A passenger without a pulse wouldn't likely care either way which is why we never see a hearse speeding, I suppose. ;)

Is it time for another round of "up yours"
??? :)
I’ve known a few passengers like that until I slammed the peddle and watched the come to life hahaha

I was curious to know if it would be worse than a regular toothache.
I'd say, the same.
After they wrap the nerve up with the little swizzle stick and pull it out, it's fine.
On the upside, you don't have to wait for freezing to come out!
Hey that works you know ,, especially if the tooth becomes impacted and your face swells up like a Chinese balloon.

Aftermarket convertor to replace the factory one.
Mine is a 26-2850 billet convertor using Kevlar for lockup.
Ok .. I just don’t know about the factory ones either … heck I’m not even sure which type , especially based on the past non lock up converters have improved or which is the better option .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back