What made you decide to buy a 10?

My 10's story

I originally had a black 02 QC with the 360 in it. I wanted the HEMI but it was not available when I first bought it. The 02 got cracked up and totaled in 05. I knew what the SRT-10 was at the time but just looked at the price and it was way outta my league. I picked up a Silver Ram Daytona with the insurance money and the employee pricing being offered at the time. My Dad had to one up me and traded his Black 03 HEMI RC in for a used Black 05 SRT-10 RC.

I had the Daytona for a little over a year and liked it except for the gay wing and lack of balls compared to my Dads 10. I did like the 4x4 part though.

Anyway my Dad calls me one day and says he was reluctant to tell me but felt if he did not and found out later I had an interest he would have been upset. He tells me there are two Silver SRT-10 QC's at the same dealer I bought the Daytona from. One is going for 29,999 and the other for 32,000. Neither truck was ever titled. Well we went up an took a look at them. Got rid of the Daytona in 11/06 and now have the 10, the 29,999 one, it had 74 miles on the OD when I took it home. That was after a couple of test drives too. I am really glad my Dad made that call. My family is a Mopar family and this truck is for me. Best choice I ever made.

It was a Friday afternoon, just driving down the road in my 2004 Ram QC Hemi and saw local Dodge dealer Jerry Ulm Dodge, Tampa, FL, with end of year inventory, (5) new 2006 SRT-10 QC's in stock $15,000 off MSRP on the window - so I said thats a great deal - I'll test drive it to make sure it drives as well or better than my Hemi. Ha Ha - I went to the first stop light in the 10 - smiling from ear to ear!!!!!! - drove back to the dealer and said I'll take the 10 and went home with it the same evening.

I love these trucks so much I sold the first one, due to miles, found another new 2006 in Ohio - Chuck Eddy Dodge - bought it and am now looking for an 06 RC as a tuning toy - QC is daily driver. I am addicted to the 10's and VTCOA!!!!!!! Best forum on the net!!!!!

i bought mine b/c i thought if i bought something that was already fast i wouldnt have to do any mods, but that didnt work. i gotta say that is is the the most fun that i have ever had with a truck.

I had a 2003 F-150 Harley Davidson edition. They are basically a 4 door Lightning, supercharged. Anyway, I had heard that the superchargers tend to blow on them around 50k miles. Sure enough, nearing 50k I start hearing the supercharger grinding. So, I know I am going to buy a fast 4 door truck. I check out autotrader.com and discover how cheap the SRT10's are. I go to Tempe Dodge and test drive one but see a Porsche 911 and drive that too. Always wanted a 911. Anyway, I say f it and buy the Porsche. Owned that POS for one day. It had several problems. So I took it back and picked one of the 20 or so SRT10's they had.

Always drove a truck. I was looking to sell my Duramax and then the 10 just showed up in my driveway.

From the moment I saw the original concept picture I knew I had to have one...and that it had to be black:

dodge_ram_srt10_2002_03_b.jpg

IMG_0002-3.jpg

I bought mine because a jealous co-worker thought I wouldn't be able to after he introduced me to what an SRT-10 was/is. Well, to show him up I found a brand new '04 and acquired it. He sold his HEMI QC a week afterwards. No sport.

Last edited:
DevilDawg3097 said:
Thanks to who fix my spelling errors.

If you want spelling help try downloading Mozilla Firefox and use it as your browser. Once you start using it rather than Internet Explorer, words that are spelled incorrectly will be underlined in red and if you right click on it, the correct spelling will be provided. Google Chrome will do the same, but the spell checker is not nearly as robust as Firefox. (Chrome is still in beta testing.)

Roy

Had an 03 hemi truck which I loved, then dodge sends me the brochure on the srt/10....(game over).....I was dreaming about it when I slept I wanted it so bad. Sold my hemi, found a black one online and wired them the funds. I literally had never drove one till I picked mine up at the Maui docks!!!! Saweet!!

patrick

Mean looks from every angle. That grille, front end and profile are sexy as and it's just a big, bad ass American pick up!
Tie that together with a Viper V10 + 6-Speed slammed into it and I'm not sure what's not to like about it if you ask me!! ;)

Why I bought mine....

I missed shifting gears! Allways had Mopars mostly Road Runners a few GTX's and my favorite my 63 Max wedge Belevedere!

Sold them all but still had my 63. Had to sell it because of $$ flow in '05.:(

Went on long term disability 12/06.

I was bored sitting at home July of '07 I see an add for a NEW never titled '05 RC srt-10 with 35 miles.

No price listed so wasn't to excited. Called the dealer and yes they still have it so off to dealer 60 miles away.

After 2 hours of back and forth I walk out with my truck. Paid $30,000 full price with taxes and title! Plus had them add a factory SRT bed cover, disc changer and install the Magnaflow exhaust. :rock:

Drove it home with big ass grin all the way! :D :D

Don't drive it much, most of the miles were going back to dealer twice. Once for cover install and paint and then back to have cover buffed.

So I've only really put about 100 miles on it in a year!:eek:

Some ask me why I got it if I don't drive it?:dontknow:

It's like a fine lady, all I have to do is look and it's love!:love::dancing: :love:

Hell don't drive the wife much any more either!!! ;)

saw the concept truck on the internet,(production truck looked even better) and had to have one,put an order in before they went to production...purchased sight unseen for sticker! NO REGRETS!:rock:

Missed having a truck, still had the need for speed
SRT 10 is the only vehicle that fits the bill for me
EFF FORD!!!

Always said if I could afford one, I would get it. Always wanted a RC but have a car seat so I knew I would need a QC.

Long story, short. My wife asked me to go grocery shopping at Walmart which is in the next town. I hate grocery shopping! But I said I would of course. On the way home, I drove by a used car lot and found my truck. Pulled in and looked at it. It was Sunday so no pesky car salesmen. Came back the next day, they offered me 18,000 for my 04 Chevy Silverado with 56K miles. Wife said pull the trigger so I did.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back