What other cool cars and trucks have you had ?

That is a pic of one of the pace trucks
Maybe time to verify if they were really crushed … or sitting in the CEOs garage hahaha ! My thoughts are WHY IN THE HELL WOULD ANYONE DESTROY SOMETHING LIKE THAT

Maybe time to verify if they were really crushed … or sitting in the CEOs garage hahaha ! My thoughts are WHY IN THE HELL WOULD ANYONE DESTROY SOMETHING LIKE THAT
I agree! It would make zero sense

The srt 10 is arguably one of the best trucks ever made. I never thought I would have one so I halfway imitated it with a viper hood on a 06 ram 3500 cummins mega cab. I looked for seats out of an srt 10 for years and never found any. Swore I'd never sell the 06 but it's been gone a few years now. Funny how life changes. Just curious as to what else you crazy srt 10 lovers have got into over these last 20 years.
I've owned 9 Firebirds and Trans Am. Oldest was a 71 and the newest was a 2001 TA with T tops. My favorite though, was my 75 TA. It had the 400 big block, Munsey 4 speed and a 3:73 posi rear end. Had the shaker hood with the bird on it, and first gear top speed was 58 mph. It was a beast!

Let the hunt begin ,,, Oh wait it began a long long time ago ! Well then let it continue till the mystery is solved ! IMG_0392.jpeg

I've owned 9 Firebirds and Trans Am. Oldest was a 71 and the newest was a 2001 TA with T tops. My favorite though, was my 75 TA. It had the 400 big block, Munsey 4 speed and a 3:73 posi rear end. Had the shaker hood with the bird on it, and first gear top speed was 58 mph. It was a beast!
Cool cars ,,, thanks to the Bandit !

Quite a span between oldest and newest. The 75 sounds like a great car! Well they all do lol

My first several cars were classics lol....I had this severe aversion to the crap cars of the early to mid 90's and refused to have a car note In order from 1991 on:
1974 Dodge Dart Sport 318
1974 Plymouth Gold Duster 318
1972 Plymouth Duster 318
1972 Dodge Charger SE 318
1972 Plymouth Road Runner 400 (was never smart enough to take pics of it while running)
1979 Chrysler LeBaron /6
1974 Dodge Monaco Brougham 440
1987 Nissan Pulsar NX SE
1988 Nissan Pulsar NX SE

The last '74 and the '88 were the last two I had when Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf coast and I lost them both. Couple months later I bought my 2003 Ram and that was it from there.

Attachments

• 74 Dart Sport.jpg
    74 Dart Sport.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMAG0163a.jpg
    IMAG0163a.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMAG0008a.jpg
    IMAG0008a.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMAG0047a.jpg
    IMAG0047a.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240119_0001a.jpg
    IMG_20240119_0001a.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Monaco.jpg
    Monaco.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 3
  • MVC-001S edit.jpg
    MVC-001S edit.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 3
My first several cars were classics lol....I had this severe aversion to the crap cars of the early to mid 90's and refused to have a car note In order from 1991 on:
1972 Plymouth Duster 318
1972 Plymouth Road Runner 400 (was never smart enough to take pics of it while running)
1979 Chrysler LeBaron /6
1987 Nissan Pulsar NX SE
1988 Nissan Pulsar NX SE

The last '74 and the '88 were the last two I had when Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf coast and I lost them both. Couple months later I bought my 2003 Ram and that was it from there.
Made me have flashbacks ,, I loved all my 340 dusters

1972 Plymouth Duster 318
1979 Chrysler LeBaron /6
1987 Nissan Pulsar NX SE
1988 Nissan Pulsar NX SE

I would have loved any one of them!! Especially the Rosdrunner! It has a wing!! :D:D:cool:

I would have loved any one of them!! Especially the Rosdrunner! It has a wing!! :D:D:cool:
The meep meep was a complete strip down model, was built with very few options. Power steering (which I think they made mandatory for the big block car) and a vacuum actuated trunk release were the only power options; manual everything else. Windows, locks, 4 wheel manual drum brakes (those made for some exciting stops lol). No A/C, had the coffee can vents in the corners under the dash. Came home from the Navy (Aug 1996) and saw it that day, sitting nose high in front of what looked to be an abandoned house. Left my number with the neighbor. Got a call about 4 months later asking if I was still interested as I was first in line. I said yes not even knowing what he wanted. $500. $500!!!! Plus a whole bunch of parts. I said yes automatically knowing I didn't exactly have it at that moment lol. Got it running reliably and it was my daily for about 2 yrs. Engine caught fire so I put it in storage. Not long after I went back in the service and ended up getting sent all over so I decided to sell it. I wasn't in a position to do anything with it, it had already been like 6-7 years and I didn't wanna be that guy who held on to something and never did anything with it while it rotted away. There was a tropical storm going up the coast that day in 2006 and I was coming up from a school in VA and met the guy at the storage facility.

P9020112.JPG
Was a sad day, but at least it something was gonna get done with it. I recently found my original bill of sale lol:

1972 Road Runner bill of sale.jpg

The meep meep was a complete strip down model, was built with very few options. Power steering (which I think they made mandatory for the big block car) and a vacuum actuated trunk release were the only power options; manual everything else. Windows, locks, 4 wheel manual drum brakes (those made for some exciting stops lol). No A/C, had the coffee can vents in the corners under the dash. Came home from the Navy (Aug 1996) and saw it that day, sitting nose high in front of what looked to be an abandoned house. Left my number with the neighbor. Got a call about 4 months later asking if I was still interested as I was first in line. I said yes not even knowing what he wanted. $500. $500!!!! Plus a whole bunch of parts. I said yes automatically knowing I didn't exactly have it at that moment lol. Got it running reliably and it was my daily for about 2 yrs. Engine caught fire so I put it in storage. Not long after I went back in the service and ended up getting sent all over so I decided to sell it. I wasn't in a position to do anything with it, it had already been like 6-7 years and I didn't wanna be that guy who held on to something and never did anything with it while it rotted away. There was a tropical storm going up the coast that day in 2006 and I was coming up from a school in VA and met the guy at the storage facility.

View attachment 65645
Was a sad day, but at least it something was gonna get done with it. I recently found my original bill of sale lol:

View attachment 65646
That's beautiful!! Love the color too. Sad to have to let it go but as long as you're good with it then hey! :cool:

That price!!! I'll take a bunch!!

Yep that's all the fancy features my cars had back in the day!! Love the drum brake experience! My 69 Chevy still has those. Good leg exercise!

it is a must when getting new shoes to arc the drums and shoes for a tidy fit. Makes it stop so much better

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back