What other cool cars and trucks have you had ?

That's beautiful!! Love the color too. Sad to have to let it go but as long as you're good with it then hey! :cool:

That price!!! I'll take a bunch!!
It was a shitty paint job that I never got the chance to correct. Original factory color was TorRed (see the roof); ironically this is the color my new truck is lol.

The meep meep was a complete strip down model, was built with very few options. Power steering (which I think they made mandatory for the big block car) and a vacuum actuated trunk release were the only power options; manual everything else. Windows, locks, 4 wheel manual drum brakes (those made for some exciting stops lol). No A/C, had the coffee can vents in the corners under the dash. Came home from the Navy (Aug 1996) and saw it that day, sitting nose high in front of what looked to be an abandoned house. Left my number with the neighbor. Got a call about 4 months later asking if I was still interested as I was first in line. I said yes not even knowing what he wanted. $500. $500!!!! Plus a whole bunch of parts. I said yes automatically knowing I didn't exactly have it at that moment lol. Got it running reliably and it was my daily for about 2 yrs. Engine caught fire so I put it in storage. Not long after I went back in the service and ended up getting sent all over so I decided to sell it. I wasn't in a position to do anything with it, it had already been like 6-7 years and I didn't wanna be that guy who held on to something and never did anything with it while it rotted away. There was a tropical storm going up the coast that day in 2006 and I was coming up from a school in VA and met the guy at the storage facility.

View attachment 65645
Was a sad day, but at least it something was gonna get done with it. I recently found my original bill of sale lol:

View attachment 65646
Good deal , nice car from the day !

The meep meep was a complete strip down model, was built with very few options. Power steering (which I think they made mandatory for the big block car) and a vacuum actuated trunk release were the only power options; manual everything else. Windows, locks, 4 wheel manual drum brakes (those made for some exciting stops lol). No A/C, had the coffee can vents in the corners under the dash. Came home from the Navy (Aug 1996) and saw it that day, sitting nose high in front of what looked to be an abandoned house. Left my number with the neighbor. Got a call about 4 months later asking if I was still interested as I was first in line. I said yes not even knowing what he wanted. $500. $500!!!! Plus a whole bunch of parts. I said yes automatically knowing I didn't exactly have it at that moment lol. Got it running reliably and it was my daily for about 2 yrs. Engine caught fire so I put it in storage. Not long after I went back in the service and ended up getting sent all over so I decided to sell it. I wasn't in a position to do anything with it, it had already been like 6-7 years and I didn't wanna be that guy who held on to something and never did anything with it while it rotted away. There was a tropical storm going up the coast that day in 2006 and I was coming up from a school in VA and met the guy at the storage facility.

View attachment 65645
Was a sad day, but at least it something was gonna get done with it. I recently found my original bill of sale lol:

View attachment 65646

what I found was that removing the power steering and using the manual steering was the way to go on my dusters .. the road feel was completely different and much better . Less headaches on repairs and weight savings .

what I found was that removing the power steering and using the manual steering was the way to go on my dusters .. the road feel was completely different and much better . Less headaches on repairs and weight savings .
Did you just remove the pump or did you actually install the manual box? Most people don't realize the manual box has a different ratio and is easier to steer than a power disabled power box. Also if memory serves, the power column doesn't just hook up to the manual box, as I recall you need an adapter. Ehrenberg at Mopar Action used to go on about this shit ad nauseum.

Did you just remove the pump or did you actually install the manual box? Most people don't realize the manual box has a different ratio and is easier to steer than a power disabled power box. Also if memory serves, the power column doesn't just hook up to the manual box, as I recall you need an adapter. Ehrenberg at Mopar Action used to go on about this shit ad nauseum.
I replaced the box with a manual one and remove all Power steering components .. as far as I remember I did not replace the steering column and did not use any adapters but may have later when I installed a B&M slapstick shifter on the floor . I didn’t want the old colum to show signs of the shifter or connection …. The feel was a big difference it was like you were connected to the tires and road .. the steering was easily as good as the power steering if not better . I felt like it had more control .

I would have loved any one of them!! Especially the Rosdrunner! It has a wing!! :D:D:cool:
I thought the one with the wing is the Super B? Guess I was wrong. So I just googled it, it's the Plymouth Superbird. I've only seen one in real life, and it was when I was stationed at NAS Jax back in the early 80's. We had a auto shop on base, and the guy was changing the spark plugs. Really cool looking car.

The Superbird does have the big wing, but I think she may have been referring to the fact that mine had the 'Go-wing' (rear deck spoiler).

I thought the one with the wing is the Super B? Guess I was wrong. So I just googled it, it's the Plymouth Superbird. I've only seen one in real life, and it was when I was stationed at NAS Jax back in the early 80's. We had a auto shop on base, and the guy was changing the spark plugs. Really cool looking car.
the blue car in the pics. HemiLonestar called it a GoWing - not a true wing I guess lol Love the Super Bird!

the blue car in the pics. HemiLonestar called it a GoWing - not a true wing I guess lol Love the Super Bird!
That was the option name for the decklid spoiler at the time. The Superbird (and Daytona before it) had huge ones that actually worked and had to be homologated on street cars in order to be used for NASCAR.

That was the option name for the decklid spoiler at the time. The Superbird (and Daytona before it) had huge ones that actually worked and had to be homologated on street cars in order to be used for NASCAR.
I remember those cars! Big fugly nose cones and wings to the sky!! But very cool to have. I'm thinking they were one or two year produced. I was partial to the Richard Petty Superbird! Go #43!!

But I think the Charger Daytona may be more sought after than the Plymouth Superbird. Not sure, just guessing.

I think the go-wing spoiler is very classy

Last edited:
Oh my heart!

i could honestly have one of everything that was cool :eek:
Yes yes we know ,, especially the 1976 Pacer :D. You do know that’s the only car that actually had a hub cap gasket that I ever worked on and saw. No J/K !

I remember being one of the 16 million viewers watching this race .. I saw it happen ! It was definitely a Oh chit WTF just happened moment .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back