What other cool cars and trucks have you had ?

Cool car , but thought the Javilins were better ..:eek:

The AMX had a 97" wheelbase and because it was a foot shorter than the Javelin, was a 2-seater.
Some called the AMX The Kenosha Giant killer. They had poor flowing cylinder heads but the 390 made 427 lbs ft of torque which put the hurt on a LOT of muscle cars of the day. Plus they were fairly lightweight.

1968 Hemi-Charger RT 4-spd, black. (Should have kept that one!)

1957 Triumph TR3A Convertible and hardtop option, spoked wheels

1969 Charger 440 6-pack auto, bronze metallic w white interior

1969 Super Bee 383 4-spd.

1957 Nash Metropolitan

1968 Dart GT Convertible 273

1973 Plymouth 'Cuda 340 4-spd. The anemic 340 replaced with a very hyper 1969 340

1974 Plymouth 'Cuda 318 (Swapped to a potent 440)

1970 Stage 1 Buick 455

1969 Sport Satellite 383 4-spd

And 1971 Hemi-Charger RT Winchester Blue (kind of a blue/grey) auto, previously mentioned.

Some were owned for a very short time, then sold or traded. They were interesting times, and some were bought 30+ years before I bought the SRT-10.

Time Flies!

Last edited:
Yes yes we know ,, especially the 1976 Pacer :D. You do know that’s the only car that actually had a hub cap gasket that I ever worked on and saw. No J/K !
No muffler bearings on that one?? :p

The AMX had a 97" wheelbase and because it was a foot shorter than the Javelin, was a 2-seater.
Some called the AMX The Kenosha Giant killer. They had poor flowing cylinder heads but the 390 made 427 lbs ft of torque which put the hurt on a LOT of muscle cars of the day. Plus they were fairly lightweight.

1957 Nash Metropolitan

1973 Plymouth 'Cuda 340 4-spd. The anemic 340 replaced with a very hyper 1969 340

1970 Stage 1 Buick 455

Nice list and good info on AMX and Javelin
I drove a 72 Buick Electra 225 for several years with a 455 - it was nice like my Buick Riviera

only trouble with those Buicks - they weren't MOPARs lol lol

1957 Nash Metropolitan

1970 Stage 1 Buick 455

More later...
Nice collection forsure ! The 73 340’s dropped the compression and went to smaller valves not to mention from forged to cast crank shafts . They also change the rear ends to the carrier type from the pumpkin type and change the gear ratio and no positrac my 73 had 2.73 the previous dustersI i owned all had at least 3.23 or higher If memory serves me . I’m swapped the entire rearend with one out of a challenger ( pumpkin type and I only had to had the leaf spring mounts move to do so . The Benefit was the parts were all bolt on from the earlier models . Another was the 273 cid engine with a mechanical cam and mechanical adjustable rocker arms that were inter changeable ( which I actually found in a junkyard )with the 318 through the 360 engines ..

Then they "go broke", their execs get huge payouts, their shares drop to junk-bond territory and then they receive a "recovery loan" from the Federal Government.

I wonder how much of that was actually paid back.(?)
Exactly … it was a trade off and the Government now owns a % of the company.. bailout was probably turned to a grant and never paid back .. crooks work in mysterious ways especially the Government crooks

That K&K Daytona was Bobby Isaac's car. That car set the NASCAR speed record (201 & change) that broke the previous 200 mph record set by a Daytona and stood until well into the 80's (if memory serves, don't remember who it was) and then they turned around and set the record for the Flying mile at Bonneville in that class at 216+ mph; that record stood til 2006.

That K&K Daytona was Bobby Isaac's car. That car set the NASCAR speed record (201 & change) that broke the previous 200 mph record set by a Daytona and stood until well into the 80's (if memory serves, don't remember who it was) and then they turned around and set the record for the Flying mile at Bonneville in that class at 216+ mph; that record stood til 2006.
That is impressive for sure. The NASCAR record would be with it stock I'm assuming - same for the Bonneville flying Mile?

That is impressive for sure. The NASCAR record would be with it stock I'm assuming - same for the Bonneville flying Mile?
Not a stock production car, that particular class was for NASCAR spec "stock cars". They got that name because they actually used to be based on "stock" cars, which is why the rule existed that anything to be used on the race version (like pointy nose & big wing) had to be available on the street version.

Not a stock production car, that particular class was for NASCAR spec "stock cars". They got that name because they actually used to be based on "stock" cars, which is why the rule existed that anything to be used on the race version (like pointy nose & big wing) had to be available on the street version.
Gotcha! Thanks!!

Those were the good ole days !

Yes and from the looks of it that rule stands to this day .. Picky ass NASCAR goons just want to slowdown progress.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back