What the heck happened to the home page???

Geez! It's not the same!! I've posted pics of examples, tried explaining. It's not a small change for mobile users, it's huge!
The topics are NOT the same using "new posts" versus going to "active posts" then choosing "last day"! New posts is missing threads! Here are two screenshots taken the same minute of both ways for me to access the latest a posts/threads.
When my phone refreshes either page automatically, it goes to screen saying VBulletin and no threads!

image.jpg

I understand what you are saying. The homepage would show you the 10 most recently commented on threads, whereas the "New Posts" link only shows the threads that have been commented in that you haven't viewed. In your case, you'll have to stick to using the "Active Threads" link and selecting a timeframe that you want to view. I realize this isn't as quick and requires multiple clicks, but I think it's the only way you'll be able to do it.

I understand what you are saying. The homepage would show you the 10 most recently commented on threads, whereas the "New Posts" link only shows the threads that have been commented in that you haven't viewed. In your case, you'll have to stick to using the "Active Threads" link and selecting a timeframe that you want to view. I realize this isn't as quick and requires multiple clicks, but I think it's the only way you'll be able to do it.

That's the thing, it can't be the only way? Something should be adjustable in admin options or something. Can't believe after all these years of working like every other site , it changes for the worse. :(
I give up. Just wanted to try helping the rest of the mobile world that live in 2015. Lol
This really is a PIA! Fine from my desktop, yup. I spend little time at a desk though as does the biggest percentage of members/visitors here.

Have you guys tried downloading tapatalk and using it instead?

That is what I use it works great for me

06 QC srt10 k&n drop in cat less mids and magnaflow more to come

The difference is when I click home it brings me to a list of the different forum topics. I liked when it brought me to the home page showing truck of the month and a list of current threads. It just really annoying to try and see recent conversations I'm not going to click every topic to see what is being talked about. This has greatly effected the frequency I use this page

Hit the "New Post" link. It shows all the new topics that you haven't seen.

That's the thing, it can't be the only way? Something should be adjustable in admin options or something. Can't believe after all these years of working like every other site , it changes for the worse. :(
I give up. Just wanted to try helping the rest of the mobile world that live in 2015. Lol
This really is a PIA! Fine from my desktop, yup. I spend little time at a desk though as does the biggest percentage of members/visitors here.

Scott, so you are saying between your 2 screen shots that you can't see the posts you already read? That's the only difference I see. I can change it back to what it was before so you can see the post you have already read, but you were not liking the older setup. You asked me to change it so you could have time to see all the new threads before your cookie expired and you wouldn't miss the new threads. I did that, and now you don't like it because you can't see the threads you already read in the new posts section? Is that it?

There is nothing different between the new post section and the home page new posts, only that once you have read the thread, it won't show in the new post link section. Like I said, I can go back to what it was before I changed that setting.

I had to add the mobile skin on this site or google would have killed the search ranking of this site when someone searched for it on their phones. The vbulletin version that this site is on did not have one, so I got one for it. Yea, I may still need work, but its something that needed to be done.

Scott, so you are saying between your 2 screen shots that you can't see the posts you already read? That's the only difference I see. I can change it back to what it was before so you can see the post you have already read, but you were not liking the older setup. You asked me to change it so you could have time to see all the new threads before your cookie expired and you wouldn't miss the new threads. I did that, and now you don't like it because you can't see the threads you already read in the new posts section? Is that it?

There is nothing different between the new post section and the home page new posts, only that once you have read the thread, it won't show in the new post link section. Like I said, I can go back to what it was before I changed that setting.

I had to add the mobile skin on this site or google would have killed the search ranking of this site when someone searched for it on their phones. The vbulletin version that this site is on did not have one, so I got one for it. Yea, I may still need work, but its something that needed to be done.

Shaggy, I'd like it better if the New Posts link worked like it did prior to you making the change. I liked being able to see the threads I had read, as well as the posts I hadn't (just like what appears on the home screen). Just my 2 cents. I realize that the "Active Threads" link can be used for that, but for the desktop users, we can't access the "Active Threads" from the home screen.

Shaggy, I'd like it better if the New Posts link worked like it did prior to you making the change. I liked being able to see the threads I had read, as well as the posts I hadn't (just like what appears on the home screen). Just my 2 cents. I realize that the "Active Threads" link can be used for that, but for the desktop users, we can't access the "Active Threads" from the home screen.

Its back to the way it was.

Nope still the same :(

Still the same indeed. Damn and I got excited there for a minute. I thought I would be able to finally see who the TOTM is for May. I feel like the bastard child who doesn't get the same treatment as the other kids in the family. :(

Nope still the same :(

He was talking to me. The "New Posts" link is back to how it was. As Shaggy explained, there is no going back to making the homepage viewable on mobile devices for the time being. Maybe something will change in future updates.

He was talking to me. The "New Posts" link is back to how it was. As Shaggy explained, there is no going back to making the homepage viewable on mobile devices for the time being. Maybe something will change in future updates.

Yep it will, but I haven't found a fix to make the front page mobile friendly yet.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back