What the heck happened to the home page???

Any word on whether this is still being worked on? Or this it, that's how it's gonna stay??

Any word on whether this is still being worked on? Or this it, that's how it's gonna stay??

It's going to stay this way for the foreseeable future. Shaggy is the only guy that has the permissions to fix it and it took some work on his part to get it to where it is.

Did you call the complaint number I posted earlier in the thread? :D

It's going to stay this way for the foreseeable future. Shaggy is the only guy that has the permissions to fix it and it took some work on his part to get it to where it is.

Well hopefully that's a short future as it sucks for all and the forum. :(

I tried. Some dude who paused entirely too much in the conversation answered and tried to sell me insurance. I told him I got mine thru a kirby salesman last week. :dontknow:

Well hopefully that's a short future as it sucks for all and the forum. :(

Same here. Cuz despite E's disapproval on iPhones, it worked just fine before. If it ain't broken, don't "fix" it. So hopefully they do un "fix" it for all of us iPhone guys. ;)

The easiest way to use the forum is to always view "new posts". It's a link at the top of the page with both the new iOS view and the traditional view. Is that how you guys are doing it?

With the mobile skin, the front page wasn't working right, so I had to bypass the front page when you are on a phone. Tablets shouldn't be redirected, just phones. As of now, there is no work around this and it will stay like this until I can find a solution, which I haven't found one yet.

Another thing, if you do not like the mobile skin on your phone and want to go back to viewing the normal skin, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "Full Site" link and it will take you back to the normal skin.

Same here. Cuz despite E's disapproval on iPhones, it worked just fine before. If it ain't broken, don't "fix" it. So hopefully they do un "fix" it for all of us iPhone guys. ;)

This forum (well all my forums) where not mobile friendly and google was going to soon be rolling out a change that if your site is not mobile friendly, the site will be ranked lower then others (or removed) when someone used google to search on a phone. So I needed to install the mobile skin to avoid that.

This forum (well all my forums) where not mobile friendly and google was going to soon be rolling out a change that if your site is not mobile friendly, the site will be ranked lower then others (or removed) when someone used google to search on a phone. So I needed to install the mobile skin to avoid that.

It's not the mobile skin that the issue. I use desktop format anyways. Problem is that it won't keep you on same page you were on. Many like to leave it on main topics and it refresh automatically. Now it goes to a page saying "not in archives" or something and you have to go back to main page, go to active topics, choose how recent, then get to same place that automatically was there. It's not the skin, yet how the changes affect useage. Maybe a setting changed somewhere?

Technical gibberish?... Or lazyness? :call2:

It's not laziness. It's that the front page, run on a mod called vb advanced, does not work with the new skin. It also is not mobile friendly and will not pass the google mobile friendly search change that is happening soon with Google. So no its not laziness, it's that things are not being updated to mobile and needs some major tweaking from the developers, which they may not tweak at all. Trying to find away to tweak it myself.

It's not the mobile skin that the issue. I use desktop format anyways. Problem is that it won't keep you on same page you were on. Many like to leave it on main topics and it refresh automatically. Now it goes to a page saying "not in archives" or something and you have to go back to main page, go to active topics, choose how recent, then get to same place that automatically was there. It's not the skin, yet how the changes affect useage. Maybe a setting changed somewhere?

Not sure what your really talking about.

Not sure what your really talking about.

If you sit on the new posts page open in a browser window for several hours and come back and click new posts, it doesn't show the new posts. I think that is what Scott is trying to say.

It shows this after about 15 minutes. It won't stay on new posts and refresh as normal. You have to go through the sequence if steps to access "new posts"
Here's the message. It's not about the home page at all, I'm rarely there. My browser stayed on recent posts and that's no longer possible.

image.jpg

If you sit on the new posts page open in a browser window for several hours and come back and click new posts, it doesn't show the new posts. I think that is what Scott is trying to say.

Fixed, now the new posts will not go away until you actually read them or click on "Mark Threads as Read" link at that bottom of the main forum page.

Not liking this new format makes it very difficult to use, clicking full site still doesn't it bring it back like it used to be and I only go on using iPhone rarely a pc. Big thumbs down on this

Not liking this new format makes it very difficult to use, clicking full site still doesn't it bring it back like it used to be and I only go on using iPhone rarely a pc. Big thumbs down on this

Still not right :(
I tried explaining the issues. Please contact Shaggy and maybe you can explain it better.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back