What's your daily driver?

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I think some time soon I am going to get a daily driver. I love driving the VT every day (crappy gas mileage and all) but want to be able to have a daily driver to depend on for when the truck is down for mods. Also would be nice to keep the truck as a weekend warrior. Plus being a gas saver would be a bonus. So what do you drive? Would like to just get a crappy little four banger that I don't have to worry about.

Must:

Be $3000 or less
Get 20mpg average or better
Have a decent rear seat for my two boys (would prefer a 4 door...but not required)
Be less than 15 years old

Must NOT:

Be egg shaped (metro, aspire, civic hatch)
Be a del sol or civic or miata....wont even consider those...just can't do it

Any suggestions? Have seen a few but looking for new ideas....cars I haven't thought about. Thanks!

Seen the commercial for the Kia? Its more than 3k, but if i was to buy an economy car, that would have to be it.

Last edited:
thumbnailfeet.jpg

I use a 2002 Dodge Dakota 5 speed 6 cyl. RC for my daily driver /// Work truck... When the gas hit 4 bucks a gallon the 1st time it was killing my profits and racking up the miles on the 10. If I was still using the 10 I would have the highest mileage 10 in exsistance...Paid a little over 4 grand out the door for the Dakota w/ 63k on the odometer, just about to hit 100K now.

I have a 93 Cadillac I will sell for $3300.....only has 63,000 miles on it but the motor has only 36,000...Cadillac replaced it under warranty due to an oil leak they couldnt fix. Car looks almost new, never wrecked and always garaged. Even have the window sticker...16-25 mpg..

Thanks for the offer but looking for something newer and closer. Mostly just looking for ideas...not ready to buy just yet.

I use a 2002 Dodge Dakota 5 speed 6 cyl. RC for my daily driver /// Work truck... When the gas hit 4 bucks a gallon the 1st time it was killing my profits and racking up the miles on the 10. If I was still using the 10 I would have the highest mileage 10 in exsistance...Paid a little over 4 grand out the door for the Dakota w/ 63k on the odometer, just about to hit 100K now.

I have the exact same dd except mine is a 2000. Weird

1997 Dakota 5.2L 5 speed... Around 15mpgish

15 MPG ?
Damn I get 14 mpg was 17 mpg when I 1st got the Dakota :dontknow: Why such bad mileage with the 6 cyl's and the 8 cyl's..... Maybe I should start using the 10 again:D

A Dakota is on my list of vehicles to look at....have found a few for pretty good prices. Though I would think better mpg since my 4X4 QC Hemi on 33s got 13mpg with exhaust and a tune and a lead foot.

A Dakota is on my list of vehicles to look at....have found a few for pretty good prices. Though I would think better mpg since my 4X4 QC Hemi on 33s got 13mpg with exhaust and a tune and a lead foot.

Yeah I figured I would get around 20 mpg when I bought it ,,, I was suprised when it only got 17 and getting less and less buy the miles... hahaha guess I need to replace something on it besides the plugs and oil.. It is my beater work truck though.

VIPR PWR said:
15 MPG ?
Damn I get 14 mpg was 17 mpg when I 1st got the Dakota :dontknow: Why such bad mileage with the 6 cyl's and the 8 cyl's..... Maybe I should start using the 10 again:D

Yep...but runs like a champ with 143,000 miles :)
My SRT10 gets 11ish city
My wife's 98 maxima gets 19ish

Take your ambient temp sensor out of you intake. Put a plug in the hole and move the sensor into your intake tube. Will give you a more accurate reading which means better gas milage

Take your ambient temp sensor out of you intake. Put a plug in the hole and move the sensor into your intake tube. Will give you a more accurate reading which means better gas milage

I have no overhead ... The truck is without options... I take the mileage the old fashion way....:dontknow:

04 Dakota QC, plenty of room and possibly getting a 6.1 transplant soon.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back