Which Smart Phone?

FlyingLow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beside price and coverage area, why did you choose your smart phone over other smart phones?

I recently switch from AT&T to Verizon. I had an iPhone 4 when they first came out and it was pretty cool at the time, living in the DC area. I moved to Denver, CO and AT&T coverage was horrible. I bought a Droid Razr Maxx and dumped the iPhone. The Droid phones do more than an iPhone and there are a lot more free apps. I can customize my Droid phone with all kinds toggles & apps. The Razr Maxx battery life is insane, I go for days on end without charging the phone. The Verizon 4G LTE coverage is vast & fast and I can also use my phone as a mobile hot spot. Verizon customer service is way better than AT&T as well. I've had T-Mobile & AT&T and so far Verizon is by far better in coverage & 4G speed.

Beside price and coverage area, why did you choose your smart phone over other smart phones?

I recently switch from AT&T to Verizon. I had an iPhone 4 when they first came out and it was pretty cool at the time, living in the DC area. I moved to Denver, CO and AT&T coverage was horrible. I bought a Droid Razr Maxx and dumped the iPhone. The Droid phones do more than an iPhone and there are a lot more free apps. I can customize my Droid phone with all kinds toggles & apps. The Razr Maxx battery life is insane, I go for days on end without charging the phone. The Verizon 4G LTE coverage is vast & fast and I can also use my phone as a mobile hot spot. Verizon customer service is way better than AT&T as well. I've had T-Mobile & AT&T and so far Verizon is by far better in coverage & 4G speed.

correct AT&T VS Verizon iPhones are different. AT&T is better and can do more.

I do not believe the droid is better, and not charging for days seems to be a little far fetched. I'm sure if you don't use the phone it will stay charged. My friend just got the S3 and that phone eats mad power up.

Apps are a little different yes, but apple does offer many free apps also.

It's all on what the person wants, people will argue all day droid VS iPhone.

All I tell people is that I have never seen a Droid pull over 10K on ebay which is what the very first 64G iPhone 5 did. not saying cause somefool payed 5000 times the worth makes it better, just seems more people want the iPhone and will pay more to get them vs droids, Plus a jailbroken iPhone will do so much more than the non jailbroken iPhone will.

Pros VS cons all in what you want, and what you use the phone for.

but verizon will allow some apps that AT&T will not which is also a plus. I'm not picking on you bro please don't take as that.

I'm an iPhone fan.
I've had a 3G, 4, and now a 5. (All AT&T)
Some people love them, and some people hate them.
The 4G LTE is super fast! However I can't comment on the 4G coverage because I don't travel much.

BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 ATT....still cant make the switch, Blackberry's work perfect for me. Look for Blackberry to steal the market with Blackberry10 early next year.

Last edited:
Everyone has their likes & dislikes, but I will swear by not charging my phone for days. It's all good bro I didn't take it as being picked on. :rock:

correct AT&T VS Verizon iPhones are different. AT&T is better and can do more.

I do not believe the droid is better, and not charging for days seems to be a little far fetched. I'm sure if you don't use the phone it will stay charged. My friend just got the S3 and that phone eats mad power up.

Apps are a little different yes, but apple does offer many free apps also.

It's all on what the person wants, people will argue all day droid VS iPhone.

All I tell people is that I have never seen a Droid pull over 10K on ebay which is what the very first 64G iPhone 5 did. not saying cause somefool payed 5000 times the worth makes it better, just seems more people want the iPhone and will pay more to get them vs droids, Plus a jailbroken iPhone will do so much more than the non jailbroken iPhone will.

Pros VS cons all in what you want, and what you use the phone for.

but verizon will allow some apps that AT&T will not which is also a plus. I'm not picking on you bro please don't take as that.

Everyone has their likes & dislikes, but I will swear by not charging my phone for days. It's all good bro I didn't take it as being picked on. :rock:

Dude thats awesome bro. I know my 4S would be dead within a day If the screen was bright and if it searches for a signal.

Had the Galaxy 111 for a few days biggest piece of shit i have ever owned, I had to return it.

I now run with the HTC X ONE, or the new SONY is good as well..

If you want to use it for a phone and not soley a browser " galaxy 3" the HTC or SONY is the way to go...

It took me 15 seconds to make a phone call on the galaxyiii, i would call up a list of " R" for example and count to 5 for the list to populate and then scroll threw that list etc... shit phone DO NOT GET IT... I have over 800 contacts on it for work and such so maybe thats why its slow, but the HTC has no problems there..

I don't own a cell phone at all. The coverage isn't that good but the batteries last forever lol. :dontknow: Maybe that's why nobody calls me. I just borrow my 12 year olds I phone 4s if I go anywhere.

Phones..... if they ring... I hate them

Personally I have choosen to use Motorola Andorid powered handsets and while everyone has different opinions here are a few things that influenced my decision:

1. Screen Size in comparison to the Iphone and the amount of reading I do on my device the larger screens offered by the various Android Venders make it easier on the eyes. (The retina display is nice for photos, however the SuperAMOLED screens do a sufficient job IMO)

2. Integration with Google tools. Personally I am 100% google as far as office tools go, Gmail, Picasa, Youtube, Google Talk, Google Voice and Google Docs. All of that stuff intergates on my Android powered device seemlessly.

3. Meaningful accessories. Android devices have magnetic switches that allow the device to operate differently depending on what type of dock the unit is placed in. When I place my Droid Bionic in the windshield mount, the phone switches into a more driver oriented mode with bigger icons, night mode color schemes etc. When placed in the HD Dock the device functions on my televison like a desktop computer. An Iphone in a dock is simply an Iphone in a dock.

4. Voice control that works without back talk. SIRI is a novalty, but she is akin to speaking with a girlfriend, again my personal opinion.

With respect to carriors you'll spend more with VZW, but their network consistency stands on it own merits. The proof is in the pudding on this one, I've had very few if any issues since switching from AT&T to VZW.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play...

I love Android OS, great battery life(I can usually go 2 days off of a charge), and it's the Playstation phone. How can you go wrong with that?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back